• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Puyo Puyo Revisions (Part 1: The God Tiers)

An overall continuously updated list of feats. I'll be pulling from this for the most part.

Cosmology:
Puyo Puyo's cosmology only contains four to five universes so far as we know (Not including Quest, but I haven't found anything from that game translated so far). To make a long story short, the way Puyo Puyo works is those from different universes are unable to remember each other from different universes, as explored in Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. This video should give the gist of the topic.

Madou World, Primp and Suzuran are all in the same universe, though are likely on different planets. This is because (usually) the Madou, Primp and Suzuran casts have no issue remembering one another.

Another universe is the world of Tetris, which is where the Puyo Puyo Tetris original characters like Tee originate from.

Then there's Ragnus' world, which is also explicitly it's own universe in Madou Monogatari Saturn. It's worth noting that Ragnus is occasionally remembered in games like Minna de Puyo Puyo, although in Chronicle (The only "Modern" game he has any story appearance in) he is still unremembered and doesn't seem to remember anyone else.

Then there's Ally's world. While it appears to be in a book, it's still a world that world-travelers can go to, and it follows the same memory rules as other worlds. I could see people arguing it's only a pocket reality, but I'm more than willing to call it an entire universe of it's own.

And finally, the dream world, which is it's own world. Self-explanatory, dimension travelers like Ecolo and Satan can go to it and such.

Buffs for the god tiers:
Basically, Satan and Ecolo should be buffed to at least 2-C, given both are considered at least somewhat comparable to Ex and Squares. Ex and Squares would also be 2-C whenever they get profiles.
Speed stuff for the god tiers
Scaling to the god tiers
Conclusion
Satan and Ecolo should get 2-C. They could possibly get Infinite Speed, but MFTL+ or even just their current FTL are also options.

The main cast and similar should reach 2-C as well scaling to Ex, and higher when battling as a unit.

Last edited:
Doubt on the infinite speed stuff, for one, he days he is not part of “whatever place, whatever time” due to being a spacetime traveller, this leans more to him simply not being stuck anywhere than him being outside of spacetime as a whole, and even in the latter’s interpretation, that doesn’t give speed at all, nor does being native of a timeless void

Did the math real quick for the SS Tetra.

Assuming the trip to the edge of spacetime took an hour (Which is a pretty big high-end time-wise, it's not really implied a lot of time passes), that would mean everyone's power combined would reach 24,457,565.86251 times the speed of light. The individuals who put this power in were Arle, Amitie, Ringo, Tee and Ess. This means that, individually, they could debatably reach 4,891,513.1725 times lightspeed. Satan and Ecolo, of course, upscale from this.

And I was also saving this for the next thread, but people on Tee's level (Which at the bare minimum is the three main girls and Ess, probably way more by PPT2 since everyone should be in the same ballpark) should still scale to Ex given Tee won in their fight when the latter wasn't holding back, given this fight was to decide if Tee would swap places with Ex, something Ex didn't want to happen. It's made clear again Ex was not holding back, when he was shocked that Tee beat him. And Ringo was able to defeat Tee directly afterwards, further proving the main three girls and Ess should scale to Ex.

Tee also noted he was most likely "Qualified" for the position, though it's unclear if being the Keeper of Dimensions inherently gives you power or requires power to get.

I'll just add this to the OP now, there was no real reason to leave this out and make this process longer than it needs to be.

Looks quite good so far, going to give it a follow. Noticing your ability page blog draft, there is an another case in Puyo Puyo Yon where it was also used for conventional battles (soon, Touhou vs Puyo Puyo/Madou Monogatari matches will be possible).

Last edited:
Bump

While watching the 20th Cutscenes, I realized that Carbuncle could potentially scale to Ecolo. Upon seeing Carbuncle for the first Time, Ecolo says that Carbuncle has a ton of power, and that obtaining that power would allow them to have "the greatest fun ever". Implying that cCrbuncle 's power would make Ecolo much stronger than they currently are.

Carbuncle never seems to take anything seriously, so other characters being able to battle against him could be just written off as him not going all out in battles.

Bump

While watching the 20th Cutscenes, I realized that Carbuncle could potentially scale to Ecolo. Upon seeing Carbuncle for the first Time, Ecolo says that Carbuncle has a ton of power, and that obtaining that power would allow them to have "the greatest fun ever". Implying that cCrbuncle 's power would make Ecolo much stronger than they currently are.

Carbuncle never seems to take anything seriously, so other characters being able to battle against him could be just written off as him not going all out in battles.
It's worth noting that Ecolo didn't remember the events of Puyo Puyo 7 for most of 20th.

The Infinite speed proposals actually sounds more like stuff I could argue for Immeasurable. Though keyword being "Could" but neutral on that.

The rest looks pretty good.

The tier upgrade is fine. Disagree with infinite speed. Even being a natural inhabitant of a timeless void no longer counts. And reaching the edge of space-time is vague and at most Massively FTL+.

So the speed is in contention while everything else is fine.

I also agree infinite seems iffy, but like DDM said, an immeasurable rating could be reached if by "the edge of space-time" it could be elaborated as the proper timeline. If there's some piece of evidence for it, I could support that option.

Do we agree for 2-C for just the god tiers, or is the main cast scaling to that good enough to add so long as I can get proof of them scaling to the likes of Arle in PPT2?

Alright, this specific feat is VERY reliant on wording, so ideally we should find the original Japanese text and translate it. But I can't even find the original text, not to mention find someone who can translate it.

By the way, why did you consider Arle's Universe to not be a different a universe? From what we know nobody that came to Primp Town had ever returned to Arle's world for the memory wipe thing to happen. There is also That scan from a Japanese magazine that mentioned that Arle "overcome the boundaries of space and time" and "hoped dimensions" to get to Amitie's world. Also I wonder if the rest of Arle's description should give all users of Owanimo (in other words everybody) Astral Projection

By the way, those that will not get scaled to 2-C, what tier they will be? Currently everyone is scaled from Carbuncle (for some reason) and Carbuncle is one of the characters that will get tier 2-C

By the way, those that will not get scaled to 2-C, what tier they will be? Currently everyone is scaled from Carbuncle (for some reason) and Carbuncle is one of the characters that will get tier 2-C
Carbuncle is stated to be on par with, if not superior to Ecolo. So the main cast shouldn’t be scaled to Carbuncle.

The only characters who wouldn’t scale are most Of the Madou world monsters, and the Fever Era characters who hadn’t appeared since 15th.

Do the compile era games have any good feats to scale the cast to?

Carbuncle is stated to be on par with, if not superior to Ecolo. So the main cast shouldn’t be scaled to Carbuncle
That's why the fact that everyone was scaling from him in our profiles was always weird
The only characters who wouldn’t scale are most Of the Madou world monsters, and the Fever Era characters who hadn’t appeared since 15th.
What about characters like Draco and Onion Pixie?

Do the compile era games have any good feats to scale the cast to?
There is a page for Choppun (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Choppun_(Puyo_Puyo) that have him at 8-B possible High 6-A [I have no idea where his High 6A rating coming from]. Zoh Daimaoh have some shaking feats and him melting the ground under him out of anger in Puyo Puyo Sun, Owlbear show to destroy a pillar in Tsu, How big Cockatrice is in the Mega Drive version of Madou Monogatari 1 and some of Arle attacks on the same game. There could be more I missed

Although to be fair from the already existent profiles the only characters that will need a different rating will be Serilly and Choppun (maybe Draco)

What about characters like Draco and Onion Pixie?
A corrupted Draco was able to fight against Ringo in PPT2. Onion Pixie is a boss fight in Chronicle. So they should both be comparable to the main cast post PPT1.

Although to be fair from the already existent profiles the only characters that will need a different rating will be Serilly and Choppun (maybe Draco)
Serilly is a party member in Chronicle , so she should scale too.

Pretty sure Draco was also in the penultimate floor of Satan's tower alongside Minotauros and Zoh Daimaoh before Arle gets to face Schezo, Rulue and Satan himself in Puyo Puyo Tsu. Alternatively, they're next to each other in that game's Rally Mode, where Owlbear's feat comes from.

A corrupted Draco was able to fight against Ringo in PPT2. Onion Pixie is a boss fight in Chronicle. So they should both be comparable to the main cast post PPT1.

Serilly is a party member in Chronicle , so she should scale too.
For some reason I was under the impression that Chronicles come before PPT so I didn't consider it. With Chronicles all three should safely scale indeed

By the way, why did you consider Arle's Universe to not be a different a universe? From what we know nobody that came to Primp Town had ever returned to Arle's world for the memory wipe thing to happen. There is also That scan from a Japanese magazine that mentioned that Arle "overcome the boundaries of space and time" and "hoped dimensions" to get to Amitie's world. Also I wonder if the rest of Arle's description should give all users of Owanimo (in other words everybody) Astral Projection
Lack of evidence I could find, mostly. That works though.

Probably no to Astral Projection though, given even the thing itself calls it a mere theory without any proof behind it. Though if we did accept it I think that would also give pretty much everyone Low-Godly?

Probably no to Astral Projection though, given even the thing itself calls it a mere theory without any proof behind it. Though if we did accept it I think that would also give pretty much everyone Low-Godly?
It could still gets to the profiles included as a possible ability

I don't know about the Low-Godly Regen

It could still gets to the profiles included as a possible ability

I don't know about the Low-Godly Regen
"There is a theory that breaking the seal on the forbidden spell 'Owanimo' has caused Arle's thoughts to wander space-time aimlessly. Though originally without form, they have now materialized into human shape, or so they say."

Implying that Arle was able to turn her formless thoughts into a human form. Though I'm iffy on this overall, especially since Owanimo isn't forbidden by any stretch of the imagination, it's literally what lets Puyo battles happen. Also, I'd like to know exactly what issue of this magazine it is.

"There is a theory that breaking the seal on the forbidden spell 'Owanimo' has caused Arle's thoughts to wander space-time aimlessly. Though originally without form, they have now materialized into human shape, or so they say."

Implying that Arle was able to turn her formless thoughts into a human form. Though I'm iffy on this overall, especially since Owanimo isn't forbidden by any stretch of the imagination, it's literally what lets Puyo battles happen. Also, I'd like to know exactly what issue of this magazine it is.
I think the forbidden bit is reffering to the fact that the creator of the spell sealed it away because he thought it was useless. Arle broke the spell’s seal.

It’s explained in PC-98 manual for Puyo 1

Here’s the link for a translated version of the manual.

"One of the strongest spells of all, it could banish monsters to a space between dimensions."

This almost feels like a secondary option for BFR (limited because that only works on four same-colored beings, Puyos in this case), but to not get further considering a thread's main subject (though Rulue's true strength was implied to be greater than Satan's in a manual), we'll probably focus on P&A in another CRT some other day.

Last edited:
Though I'm iffy on this overall, especially since Owanimo isn't forbidden by any stretch of the imagination, it's literally what lets Puyo battles happen. Also, I'd like to know exactly what issue of this magazine it is.
Owanimo was actually considered a forbidden spell before Arle released it from it seal and spread it (at least in Arle's world). Chaos Jester had brought exactly when it was mentioned. I feel that what is mentioned is enough to give the ability as "possibly"

As for the magazine, it was published on 2/4/2004, You can found the Puyo Puyo Fever stuff on here

Last edited:
Back