• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Qawsedf234; what do you think about a Discussion Rule being added for the G4/G5 issue, and the Awakened Cockroach topic? I feel like we see them recurring too many times.

MHS+/Sub-Rel
I don't understand why people are always talking about Cockroach when he directly says that he dodges before the attack and feels the intentions? The same Tanjiro with a transparent world easily kills him, because he hides his intentions to kill.

The G4 thing should be something sincerely, the bending argument can be countered by him controlling him and in the databook it is mentioned that they follow the opponent, that is, they are not bending without reason, the reason is the user doing it, besides hence he is called light and has made refraction.
Bending without reason means bending without reflection or refraction. Light cannot posses homing properties, the fact it says he can control is further proof that it isn't light. If he used mirrors to make them bend, that'd be another issue and good proof. But that isn't what happens, the laser just magically go where he wants them too.

@NikHelton AC's statement about his ability is fine, the problem is people want to make those like Orochi FTL because he hit him. Which means they also want AC to be somewhere around lightspeed as well, since even lightspeed attacks can't hit him. Such a statement is meaningless and no different from villain boasting.

His instinct is just fine, light dodging or FTL Orochi from that is not fine.

Bending without reason means bending without reflection or refraction. Light cannot posses homing properties, the fact it says he can control is further proof that it isn't light. If he used mirrors to make them bend, that'd be another issue and good proof. But that isn't what happens, the laser just magically go where he wants them too.

@NikHelton AC's statement about his ability is fine, the problem is people want to make those like Orochi FTL because he hit him. Which means they also want AC to be somewhere around lightspeed as well, since even lightspeed attacks can't hit him. Such a statement is meaningless and no different from villain boasting.

His instinct is just fine, light dodging or FTL Orochi from that is not fine.
I understand, but in this case there's also no way to say that this is an ''energy'' like the others on the back, since it's mentioned to be light and refracts, it wouldn't even make sense for Genos to want to use steam to end it if not was for the light, but I'm fine with that not being accepted.

The thing about AC is more about Orochi overcoming his precognition, which allows him to even predict an attack at lightning speed, AC doesn't scale to any of that, just its precognition.

Is anyone going to add Instinctive Reaction to Awakened Cockroach's profile since there is a statement for it and Awakened Cockroach's profile doesn't list the ability?

I think that would be Precognition
I guess it would cover him knowing that an attack comes based on killing intent but Precognition only means that he knows an attack is going to come which means that he has knowledge to act upon but not that his body will do that for him.

@Qawsedf234; what do you think about a Discussion Rule being added for the G4/G5 issue, and the Awakened Cockroach topic? I feel like we see them recurring too many times.
I get a discussion rule and G4/G5 but the Cockroach thing seems redundant as its more improper reading than questioning if something fits our standards.

I think that would be Precognition
It would be Instinctive Reaction
Instinctive Reaction is the ability to react to oncoming attacks without the need for conscious thought. As such, those with this ability will automatically dodge and possibly counter oncoming attacks through muscle memory or instinct. As a result, the user is free to utilize the mental effort that is normally spent on performing these movements on other things.
If the opponent is so fast that they border on blitzing the user, the skill becomes ineffective and irrelevant.
Both what we see happen fit with the criteria for the ability

What exactly has been accepted and what hasn't? This is such a messy thread.

High 6-B people: Everyone agrees besides Damage since one of the calc members has a problem. Kin seemed not to fully agree to scale EOW to High 6-B at the beginning but I don't know about his current opinion.

High 6-A EOW: Pretty much everyone agrees. But Qawsedf mentioned that this is more of water manipulation.

6-C people: Most people agree. ENW is rejected as I said above. Damage seems to be iffy towards the calc and will recheck it later with another member. Qawsedf had a problem with downscaling Ninja Bros to High 7-A+ but now he agrees if I am not mistaken. Me, Phoenks, LordTracer, Kin, Peter, Dienomite22, Ourosboros and ImposingTiger are against scaling Bang, EC and Genos to this value.

5-C: Everyone agrees

FTL Metal Bat and Sage Centipede: Emirp, Worthless, Damage, Qawsedf, Rusty One and Peter disagree. ImposingTiger and Kachon agree. Kin and NikHelton agree with only Metal Bat part.

SoL G-4 beams: Everyone besides Usklaverei and Kachon disagrees.

FTL Orochi: Everyone disagrees. ImposingTiger is unclear

Possibly Low 7-B Ninja Bros: Me, Peter, Qawsedf, Therefir, MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer and Kachon agree. The rest is unclear.

Last edited:
You forgot about me I’m also against scaling Bang, Elder Centipede, and Genos to 6-C. He only fought a weaker Garou and even then he was shown to be weaker in terms of power and was keeping up mainly due to being more skilled and WSRSF being more of a defensive martial arts rather than an offensive one. There’s no reason for him to scale to a stronger Garou that performed the 6-C feat.

Also put me for disagree for FTL Metal Bat and Elder Centipede as well. Garou clearly wasn’t going anywhere near as fast as he was against Platinum Sperm.

And don’t forget this
Oh right since the ninjas are also the topic of this thread I might as well bring this up again
Also that reminds me we probably could upgrade the ninjas human form to At least High 7-C, possibly Low 7-B since they did manage to do some damage to Brave Giant in the redraw while being in human form as well as tank Brave Giant’s Gigavolt Smash relatively unharmed. Also the lake vaporization in their durability section needs to be removed from their profile as it has been retconned due to the redraws.

FTL Metal Bat and Sage Centipede: ImposingTiger Kachon, and Kin agree.
Nah, I was only talking about Metal Bat, not Sage Centipede. I find it hard to say Garou didn't try that much speed when he did the combo attack given that we saw him use Awakening Breath, which is a technique that exerts one's body to the utmost limits.

Put me out of the list btw. I'm neutral.

Can you expand on this? I don't see what you're saying happened from what I'm reading in the chapter.
Ok. They are in front of his face, and when MB hits him, SC has managed to go up and MB hits him on his body instead of his face. The reason why I think it's SC who moved up and not MB who fell all the way to that point is because right before we see MB swinging at SC, Garou and him are mantaining nearly the same fighting pose they were using when they were in front of SC's face. Furthermore, the distance between them is almost identical in both panels, something that would be really hard even if they had only fallen hundreds of meters, let alone full kilometers.

If you still dislike the idea, there's this: Then SC can punch MB before he can even swing his bat again".

I just don't see Sage Centipede moving himself out of the way of the hit there.

The sense of scale is so off in this fight as well that they're not necessarily right in front of his face either.

I just don't see Sage Centipede moving himself out of the way of the hit there.
But why exactly? The manga doesn't have to show you every single movement they do. You guess them by looking between panels.

The sense of scale is so off in this fight as well that they're not necessarily right in front of his face either.
It doesn't matter if they are near his face or not, because we know SC's size is very inconsistent.

But we do know that they are at his face's height, while his face is way above that level after MB's attack.

I see where you're getting your interpretation of the manga from, I'm just saying I don't necessarily agree with it.

High 6-B people: Everyone agrees besides Damage since one of the calc members has a problem. Kin seemed not to fully agree to scale EOW to High 6-B at the beginning but I don't know about his current opinion.

High 6-A EOW: Pretty much everyone agrees. But Qawsedf mentioned that this is more of water manipulation.

6-C people: Most people agree. ENW is rejected as I said above. Damage seems to be iffy towards the calc and will recheck it later with another member. Qawsedf had a problem with downscaling Ninja Bros to High 7-A+ but now he agrees if I am not mistaken. Me, Phoenks, LordTracer, Kin, Peter, Dienomite22, Ourosboros and ImposingTiger are against scaling Bang, EC and Genos to this value.

5-C: Everyone agrees

FTL Metal Bat and Sage Centipede: Emirp, Worthless, Damage, Qawsedf, Rusty One and Peter disagree. ImposingTiger and Kachon agree. Kin agrees with only Metal Bat part.

SoL G-4 beams: Everyone besides Usklaverei and Kachon disagrees.

FTL Orochi: Everyone disagrees. ImposingTiger is unclear

Possibly Low 7-B Ninja Bros: Me, Peter, Qawsedf, Therefir, MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer and Kachon agree. The rest is unclear.
Add me to those who agree with scaling Bad to FTL. He goes toe-to-toe with Garou when he seems to give it his all.

I have a proposal, we can continue the High 6B discussions here while I can create a calc group discussion for the 6 C calc as Damage seems to have some issues with it.
The speed upgrades which almost everyone disagrees with, can be left for later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back