• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Haki Devil Fruit Resistance Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haki allowed Luffy to land blows on Prometheus, a living fire, who is not a logia. All he is is a fire with a soul.

0875-007.png

Which shows that their abilities stretch out to users that are not Devil Fruit users.

I've said my own.

Haki allowed Luffy to land blows on Prometheus, a living fire, who is not a logia. All he is is a fire with a soul.

Err, isn't that the opposite? Luffy couldn't harm Prometheus. And Prometheus is capable of acting like a solid object since he can support Big Mom's weight when she landed on top of him.

Err, isn't that the opposite? Luffy couldn't harm Prometheus. And Prometheus is capable of acting like a solid object since he can support Big Mom's weight when she landed on top of him.
Luffy's armament haki wasn't burned... Same when Luffy uses Red Hawk... It doesn't need to only be devil fruit abilities since fire devil fruits are the same as normal fire..

Luffy's armament haki wasn't burned... Same when Luffy uses Red Hawk... It doesn't need to only be devil fruit abilities since fire devil fruits are the same as normal fire..
We went over this on a previous thread. Luffy's fists are travelling throuh Prometheus incredibly quickly. He's not holding them there long enough for him to be burned.

Fire resistance isn't even on the haki page. It is an ability Luffy already has without haki. Most recently he, Law, and Kidd used Prometheus to show off their bravado stupidity.

Fire resistance isn't even on the haki page. It is an ability Luffy already has without haki. Most recently he, Law, and Kidd used Prometheus to show off their bravado stupidity.
Luffy can do red hawk without haki 🤔 so no haki luffy is resistant to fire...

We went over this on a previous thread. Luffy's fists are travelling throuh Prometheus incredibly quickly. He's not holding them there long enough for him to be burned.
If that's all can you make the changes and close this thread? There are currently three One Piece threads open at the same time which is 2 too many unless staff changed policy.

I never brought up Luffy hurting Prometheus, I said that he could solidify him and break apart his body (like what is shown)
He literally says armament won't work . . . .
Won't work to hurt him, but we see him solidified

Prometheus isn't 100% intangible. He does have a "solid" fire body to him Big Mom can ride him. Same with Zeus who is just a cloud but he can be touched by Nami who doesn't have Haki.

Prometheus isn't 100% intangible. He does have a "solid" fire body to him Big Mom can ride him. Same with Zeus who is just a cloud but he can be touched by Nami who doesn't have Haki.
But is that not because she made them with her soul fruit so she can interact with them? And you can stand on clouds in one piece
13.jpg

Big mom can also hold souls

If that's all can you make the changes and close this thread? There are currently three One Piece threads open at the same time which is 2 too many unless staff changed policy.
"If that's all" you have a bad habit of requesting threads that you hold no weight in to be closed. You just came out of nowhere wrong and you want to say "oh can we close this thread yadayadayadayada".

You do this shit for every one of my threads that I see you in and it's really irritating the living hell out of me. I haven't seen you do this to any other OP threads. We have 2 other threads open and you don't say it there, but you say it in mine.

If yall want to keep arguing then go ahead, but I'm unfollowing this thread for the time being unless I have a valid reason to return, because my points haven't been debunked and it's an issue for some reason.

I never brought up Luffy hurting Prometheus, I said that he could solidify him and break apart his body (like what is shown)

Won't work to hurt him, but we see him solidified

Doesn't seem that way. I don't get why Haki would solidify him.

Link. Link. Link that's how haki works with intangibles
Dispersing someone with elemental intangibility doesn't mean that you bypassed their intangibility. It is working as it should do; he is being scattered by the force of Luffy's punches and he's reforming himself.

That's what elemental intangibility does.

Dispersing someone with elemental intangibility doesn't mean that you bypassed their intangibility. It is working as it should do; he is being scattered by the force of Luffy's punches and he's reforming himself.

That's what elemental intangibility does.
Luffy literally touched him with haki... And the Prometheus acts like it did something...

Fire can be touched, since it exists physically, but affecting it is another matter entirely. In this particular instance, I think Luffy is indeed just dispersing Prometheus with the force of his punches, but as he said himself it's not working on him or doing any damage. Prometheus just reformed straight away.

Fire can be touched, since it exists physically, but affecting it is another matter entirely. In this particular instance, I think Luffy is indeed just dispersing Prometheus with the force of his punches, but as he said himself it's not working on him or doing any damage. Prometheus just reformed straight away.
Luffy hits him multiple times solidly and then Prometheus acts like it did something after luffy already hit him... Luffy's hands didn't go through Prometheus while hitting Prometheus... Fire can be touched but not solidly

Last edited:
Luffy hits him multiple times solidly and then Prometheus acts like it did something after luffy already hit him... Luffy's hands didn't go through Prometheus while hitting Prometheus... Fire can be touched but not solidly
"acts" is the key word. Prometheus is trolling Luffy.

Prometheus isn't ordinary fire. He is more solid than you'd think.

Do we usually give people with magic resistance, some amount of resistance to every magical ability the verse has? Genuine question. I don't remember having a debate on the general subject before. The way I usually list it on profiles was always just "Resistance to Magic, giving resistance to 1,2,3" where 1,2,3 are abilities that were specifically shown to be resisted. Then again that is technically only the way I do things, so it holds no general authority.
In any case, this should probably be resolved in the same way as we do with magic resistance types of abilities. Well, except that the page needs to note that the resistances aren't passive, but Haki based, of course.

As for it also resisting not DF based stuff: What I have seen has not convinced me that it can. Additionally, also taking into account what was said in the CoA thread before this, I don't think we have the statements necessary to generalize such a feat, even if we had a solid one. Even if CoA was, for example, shown to resist not DF based transmutation, I don't think we have enough to say that that indicates technology-based spatial manipulation would also be resisted. The statements that generalize Haki resistances are all just primarily about (DF) abilities.

DT makes some good points IMO.

I don't think we've ever seen someone use Haki to resist extreme temperatures in an environment like Luffy or Zoro on Punk Hazard for example. They went for stealing some clothes instead of turning on their Haki.

I don't think we've ever seen someone use Haki to resist extreme temperatures in an environment like Luffy or Zoro on Punk Hazard for example. They went for stealing some clothes instead of turning on their Haki.
Is this really your argument.... Even in canon it doesn’t make sense for them to waste all their haki (because we know for a fact you can run out of haki) just to protect themselves from a little heat or cold.

IMO the best way to compromise on this is to re-format the Haki page to say:

"Resistance to Devil Fruits [based on these statements], with examples from the series here;
*Example of Law's spatial slicing being stopped.
*Example of Law failing to teleport Kaido & Big Mom
*Other valid example
*Etc."

Instead of trying to deduce for ourselves all of the different types of abilities that can be resisted. Just put the valid examples on the Haki page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back