• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Ben 10 Revisions Part 1 (2020 Corona edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@KieranH10

Wouldn't setting the distance to halfway between the planet and the moon and say kept the same or doubled the cinematic time give a conservative estimate for the force of Malgax's punch?
Malgax's punch is high 5-A. Diamondhead doesn’t scale to high 5-A. You yourself said that earlier.

@Firestorm808 I dont personally see a way we can take the actual timeframe we see into account, cinematic timing could lead us anywhere in this scene.

I think that Diamondhead would have to be punched at escape velocity for obvious reasons, but that wouldn't be ok for our KE standards.

Diamondhead would slow down until impact however. So the energy released on impact would be much less than that escape velocity energy anyway. Honestly Diamondhead falling at his own terminal velocity will likely yield less than the crater he makes, so this is more than fair imo.
We can clearly see that Gravity in Galven B isn't any different from earth gravity heck we can clearly see people in the moon walking just fine
That doesn't change the fact that Diamondheads terminal velocity is not gonna be anywhere near escape velocity.

We do the visual feats alone made it pretty clear
Those visuals are all from different distances, just because he moves the same distance across the screen doesn't mean he moved the same distance relative to the world around him.
But that only if we assume that Galven B has the same Gravity as our moon right?
no, not at all.

Okay prove that Goku was using ki control to hold back against Krillin I'm waiting
I do not care whether or not Goku was holding back. This isn’t a DB revision but a Ben 10 one. They got nothing to do with one another. So I will ask you again. What shows that Vilgax was holding back?

Malgax fisting Diamondhead probably doesn't scale since from my limited knowledge of Ben 10 the blastitch doesn't much hold back.

I do not care whether or not Goku was holding back. This isn’t a DB revision but a Ben 10 one. They got nothing to do with one another. So I will ask you again. What shows that Vilgax was holding back?
1)And I don't care if you don't care I have the right to use any other verse as an example as long as they are using the same logic you have yet to tell me why Ben 10 should be treated as an exception.

2)Nothing proves that Malgax was launching a High 5-A attack at Diamondhead since that's something that you are the one who need to prove.

3) why would Malgax go all out against a massively weaker alien mind telling me?

1)And I don't care if you don't care I have the right to use any other verse as an example as long as they are using the same logic you have yet to tell me why Ben 10 should be treated as an exception.

2)Nothing proves that Malgax was launching a High 5-A attack at Diamondhead since that's something that you are the one who need to prove.

3) why would Malgax go all out against a massively weaker alien mind telling me?
1. Universe didn't explode

2 & 3. He doesn't hold back.

Plus Dragon Ball is getting a verse-wide revision, it's scaling doesn't matter here in the first place regardless.

if we're gonna assume malware was holding back, I dunno why we're arguing that it wasn't tier 8 or something anyway, we see the crater, we know Diamondhead would slow upon impact. So there's nothing wrong here.

If we dont assume malware is holding back, then it's an outlier. Simple.

Ben 10 isn't dragon ball. Nor is it any other verse, we look at feats in the Ben 10 verse and compare to Ben 10.

@Gohanblanco217 If you can't prove it and just speaking an baseless headcanon then just drop it, right now you just made yourself can't accepting reality
Nice grammar and I'm pretty sure saying Malgax was launching a High 5-A attack with 0 proof is the real headcanon here not like I care anymore the changes has been applied so this should be closed

@KieranH10

Even if we had Diamaondhead shoot halfway to Galvan B in 5 minutes, the energy pre-calc would be 7-C. A full minute would be High 7-C

@Zamasu_Chan

The energy of launching something into space and the energy of something falling to a planet's surface are two different energy calculations.

@KieranH10 Can you walk me through how the site rules are being applied to the given scenario. I'm confused.

Let's say a guy hits a 1 kg and 1m^2 ball into near orbit (160 km) within 10 seconds. The ball then falls back to Earth with a terminal velocity of about 7 m/s hitting the surface and leaving respective damage.

The landing damage is calculated to be 24.5 Joules of Energy.

For the initial launch, the ball would have needed 16000 Joules of Energy applied to it.

Why would we rate the hit as 24.5 J or 16000 J?

Going back to the Saitama getting kicked to the moon example, the accepted calc on Boro's page is using Speed KE, not the damage done by Saitama's landing on the moon.

A lot of feats in fiction use the calculated kinetic energy, which is generally fine.

In this case, the impact that Diamondhead creates does not correspond well with how much energy would be required for him to get hit between planets. So assuming a highest value would inflate the calc imo.

Saitamas calc on the other hand, does fit well with that required energy iirc. There's visible damage to even the moon from that impact. Which is consistent or at least takes into account that the amount of energy needed for that would be huge. Unlike Diamondheads case.

There's also the fact that the feat is literally taking a hit from a High 5-A. Who we can't prove is holding back. So it likely shouldn't be used at all anyways.

I find you are a bit annoying some time, but fine
I'll take that as a compliment thanks.

In this case, the impact that Diamondhead creates does not correspond well with how much energy would be required for him to get hit between planets.
But wasn't this because Diamondhead got slowed down?

There's also the fact that the feat is literally taking a hit from a High 5-A. Who we can't prove is holding back. So it likely shouldn't be used at all anyways.
You are the one who need to prove that Malgax somehow needed to launch a High 5-A attack at a weak alien which there is 0 evidence supporting it

But wasn't this because Diamondhead got slowed down?
yes, but saitama only scales to his calculation because he did not slow down, so tanked the impact of those speeds. Diamondhead did not.
You are the one who need to prove that Malgax somehow needed to launch a High 5-A attack at a weak alien which there is 0 evidence supporting it
As has been said by others he very rarely holds back, and I don't see why he would here. Why would he hit Diamondhead with an attack so much weaker than his normal ones for no reason?

yes, but saitama only scales to his calculation because he did not slow down, so tanked the impact of those speeds. Diamondhead did not.

As has been said by others he very rarely holds back, and I don't see why he would here. Why would he hit Diamondhead with an attack so much weaker than his normal ones for no reason?
Um, I have a question, if Dhead tanked an attack that sent him into orbit all the way to a moon, then why do you need a crater or impact when he already tanked the attack.

, but saitama only scales to his calculation because he did not slow down, so tanked the impact of those speeds. Diamondhead did not
Then can't we just calculate the amount of energy it takes to punch someone to the moon? I'm not an expert on this kind of stuff so Idk but it should be possible , no?

Why would he hit Diamondhead with an attack so much weaker than his normal ones for no reason?
The real question is why would Malgax launch a high 5-A attack against a massively weaker alien for no reason?

As has been said by others he very rarely holds back
The only moment when he wasn't holding back is when he was facing Atomix who is a tier 5 character iirc

Um, I have a question, if Dhead tanked an attack that sent him into orbit all the way to a moon, then why do you need a crater or impact when he already tanked the attack.
because the crater is giving us much lower values than the attack in question, making the feat inconsistent. it's more fair imo to use the crater because we know he'd slow down upon impact too.
can't we just calculate the amount of energy it takes to punch someone to the moon? I'm not an expert on this kind of stuff so Idk but it should be possible , no?
We'd need a lot more values, our only options are to use escape velocity of the planet, the crater, or somehow find Diamondheads terminal velocity on the planet he lands on. Two out of the three are lower in tier by a large margin making it more consistent.
The real question is why would Malgax launch a high 5-A attack against a massively weaker alien for no reason?
To kill it.
The only moment when he wasn't holding back is when he was facing Atomix who is a tier 5 character iirc
I can really argue for this point much myself since I dunno enough about omniverse. So I guess someone else can answer that...

A lot of feats in fiction use the calculated kinetic energy, which is generally fine.

In this case, the impact that Diamondhead creates does not correspond well with how much energy would be required for him to get hit between planets. So assuming a highest value would inflate the calc imo.

Saitamas calc on the other hand, does fit well with that required energy iirc. There's visible damage to even the moon from that impact. Which is consistent or at least takes into account that the amount of energy needed for that would be huge. Unlike Diamondheads case.

So you're saying in the ball example I gave that the batter's hit would only be rated as 24.5 J?

Firestorm does seem to make a good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back