• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mash Burnedead and the Leader of the Straw Hat Pirates (Mash Burnedead vs Monkey D. Luffy)

Is it yes or no? Because it changes everything
The thing is you are bring feats and stuff but not actually bring many wincons... Mash can't do much and luffy will always use new things and techniques on the spot which means mash won't ever get used to luffy's trick and by that time... Luffy has already become faster and stronger faster than mash

The thing is you are bring feats and stuff but not actually bring many wincons... Mash can't do much and luffy will always use new things and techniques on the spot which means mash won't ever get used to luffy's trick and by that time... Luffy has already become faster and stronger faster than mash
To be fair here Mash can also get faster as the fight goes on

He is stopping the air supply, asphyxiation, causing hallucinations.
Yee but with choking like mash did it wouldn't exactly work as luffy can stretch left and right which still makes him breath... You would need to strangle him with both hands around his neck

Oh, doubt it, but Luffy (when losing air) doesn't go down too quick shown w/ the fight w/ Caesar, plus he could always just hit him with a bell in that position
Yee but with choking like mash did it wouldn't exactly work as luffy can stretch left and right which still makes him breath... You would need to strangle him with both hands around his neck
Monkey if they block off his neck then he cannot breathe, you cannot bs Luffy through getting choked

Oh, doubt it, but Luffy (when losing air) doesn't go down too quick shown w/ the fight w/ Caesar, plus he could always just hit him with a bell in that position
To be fair once more, Mash pulled off that feat in less than a second according to the narration. I know Luffy is made of rubber and all, thus it would most likely take longer, but would it really take that much longer? Keep in mind, I have only read up to the end of Alabasta, so I would have to have some explanations here.

A chokehold handles the entire neck Monkey
No it doesn't... Your arm isn't round your neck. It stops oxygen from the front and the you can't escape behind and the other sides because your bones doesn't let you... Luffy can slip through that with the small areas that are left...

I mean it is very hard to choke something rubbery when it stands still, a moving rubber can escape easily

To be fair once more, Mash pulled off that feat in less than a second according to the narration. I know Luffy is made of rubber and all, thus it would most likely take longer, but would it really take that much longer? Keep in mind, I have only read up to the end of Alabasta, so I would have to have some explanations here.
Luffy got the oxygen ripped out of his body and was still able to keep going for a good amount of seconds. He'll be fine.
When Mash catches someone in this position the opponent loses his perception of reality, you can see it in the link. He can also attack in different positions, like here

He has the ability to take people by surprise who are like Raymen, who is able to feel his "immense pressure".
That's if they fully lose their air. Instead of Luffy completely losing his air, his just gets flattened or squeezed, which'll let a little bit of oxygen go through.

Luffy can go a long ass time without air and still be fully conscious, like when he was drowning underwater for a long ass time and get his lungs filled with water in Arlong Park. Regardless of the abilities affects on regular humans, it's clear that Luffy isn't a regular human, and that he won't lose all his air cause of his body's mechanics

There was no way to show the difference in strength during the first and second battle for Crocodile.
Was Luffy not able to eat Croc the first time? Anyway

At the beginning of the battle against Orter, Mash was much weaker than the strength of his sand and had to sacrifice his tennis shoes to escape. At the end of the fight, when Orter finally takes him seriously, Mash manages to escape from a prison quickly (This at the same time that he had several cuts on his body)

Mash has already been completely defeated against a puppet in all terms. A few hours later he was able to defeat 3 puppet simultaneously

In a few moments he was able to adapt to Lance's gravity manipulation and increase his speed

There are other examples. It is certain that Mash is slow in developing his speed (Damn, the guy hasn't left Subsonic until today). But in terms of LS and AP he can go far beyond the normal
Luffy's skilled enough to tag a super amped Kuro who he can't react to and slam him while he's visibly going FTE to him.
Yeah, but now who is faster than reactions is also skilled
That's if they fully lose their air. Instead of Luffy completely losing his air, his just gets flattened or squeezed, which'll let a little bit of oxygen go through.
I mean, Mash was able to hang someone he couldn't even hurt. I don't see how it would be difficult for Mash to make Luffy lose his air completely, since he has a comparable or even inferior body (If not for the rubber physiology)
Luffy can go a long ass time without air and still be fully conscious, like when he was drowning underwater for a long ass time and get his lungs filled with water in Arlong Park.
Fair

In a few moments he was able to adapt to Lance's gravity manipulation and increase his speed
He increased his speed by generating power combined with the gravity to lunch himself to him fast
kuro is one of the smartest in East blue but true
I mean, Mash was able to hang someone he couldn't even hurt. I don't see how it would be difficult for Mash to make Luffy lose his air completely, since he has a comparable or even inferior body (If not for the rubber physiology)
Something similar to this will happen
Mash has already been completely defeated against a puppet in all terms. A few hours later he was able to defeat 3 puppet simultaneously
Did he train or workout or something. What happened between those hours?

I didn't understand... What is this supposed to show?

Was Luffy not able to eat Croc the first time?
He can eat him because he's sand, but he can't land hits on him. That was a plot point, he couldn't harm him without using water.
If they're both growing at high rates, then what makes it to where Mash gets to a blitzable advantage?
Question above plus the fact that Luffy's ridiculous range and attack style is most likely more unpredictable than what he's used to.

Luffy'll throw a punch. He'll try to move, boom Luffy's hand whips and covers the people in the area.
Couldn't hurt them because of durability, not because of physiology.

If he squeezes Luffy's body, it just flattens.

Chokeholds happen by blocking off arteries that carry blood to the brain and using the other bones as a support so it doesn't just break through the neck, but just enough pressure to where the artery is blocked.

Luffy's arteries are rubber. They aren't falling under that principal.

I have Luffy making him dizzy with a Pinwheel or a Ozuchi, then BFRing him with a quadruple Gomu Bazooka.

Luffy for these reasons

So what I'm getting at here, is that this may just come down to stamina? They both grow at fast rates, so it may just continue and continue right?

Edit: R.I.P me for not checking new messages

To be fair for the thrice time, Mash can react to attacks even when unconscious
I did not know that.

Well to elaborate just so it doesn't make it an unfair "he voted for false reasons yadayadayada".

Luffy can pin people into the surrounding area.
He can use Bowgun and send him stuck inside of a building.
He can use Tsuchi and get him stuck in the ground.

He has shown multiple ways to get him stuck long enough to use his technique, and I know for sure that he could make more.

He gets him stuck, then BFRs him onto a different island/country/continent

BFRing him with a quadruple Gomu Bazooka.
Why would BFR work or even hit mash? Luffy has to stretch his arms over 20 kilometers to do this and Mash can still fly

Also, does the BFR really work against characters comparable to Luffy? Could you at least show an example?

Last edited:
I did not know that.

Well to elaborate just so it doesn't make it an unfair "he voted for false reasons yadayadayada".

Luffy can pin people into the surrounding area.
He can use Bowgun and send him stuck inside of a building.
He can use Tsuchi and get him stuck in the ground.

He has shown multiple ways to get him stuck long enough to use his technique, and I know for sure that he could make more.

He gets him stuck, then BFRs him onto a different island/country/continent
Yeah I get ya, just giving a little bit of information before the votes start rolling in and I get to make another Mash thread.

Why would BFR work or even hit mash? Luffy has to stretch his arms over 20 kilometers to do this
He meant like this
https://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_617f9817c8904/e09266a89bd0db7c7f2367762eb922eb/018.jpghttps://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_617f9817c8904/e09266a89bd0db7c7f2367762eb922eb/019.jpghttps://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_617f9817c8904/e09266a89bd0db7c7f2367762eb922eb/020-stitch.jpghttps://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_617f9817c8904/e09266a89bd0db7c7f2367762eb922eb/022.jpg
With enough rotation he can BFR

He meant like this
https://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_617f9817c8904/e09266a89bd0db7c7f2367762eb922eb/018.jpghttps://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_617f9817c8904/e09266a89bd0db7c7f2367762eb922eb/019.jpghttps://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_617f9817c8904/e09266a89bd0db7c7f2367762eb922eb/020-stitch.jpghttps://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_617f9817c8904/e09266a89bd0db7c7f2367762eb922eb/022.jpg
With enough rotation he can BFR
Ah yes, Luffy will do that with someone who can perceive danger before it happens, Analytical Prediction, an LS over a million times stronger and with underground mobility

Everyone who was defeated in this scene are simply extras

That doesn't really help him...
I mean, it kinda does? If hes ablebto sense an attack before it happens, he could dodge it, especially when Mash is so flexible he can twist and turn mid-air. He could also try burrowing underground and dragging Luffy down neck deep, like he did with Margaret. Though I don't know how this would work, so eh.

Top 10 arguments
perceive danger... Luffy can aswell
predictive analytics
an LS over a million times stronger
with underground mobility

Doesn't help getting grabbed in speed equal While mash doesn't know anything about luffy and his stretchyness

I would assume the longer the fight goes on, the easier it will be to luffy to do that is what tempest meant

Back