• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Masadaverse Discussion Thread 11

Zeus is the most useless god in Ragnarok. He would just try to put his dick inside everything that exists

Accurate representation of what's gonna happen

Amakasu: Come! ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUS!

Zeus: Uwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Dikku imuparumentu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Becomes stronger than the opposing god/enemy" or something like that

Well that's not literally it because people don't become super gods IRL because they are narcissistic. The in-universe mechanic for his power needs to be explained.

Why are you comparing IRL to a fictional verse?

That's because of his ego and that's how Masada wanted it to be. There's literally nothing else to explain it apart from his narcissistic nature that makes him stronger than everyone

No it's because he's autistic, no joke, It increases as he tries to get rid of what's touching him (his Tumor) and the Tumor just leaches off the throne like a child hiding from an abusive parent.

Because emc is treating "people become stronger because of their ego" as a self explanatory phenomena, when it is not.

Why does no one else arrogant in Shinza have reactive power level? What makes Hajun special?

Edit: thank you yama

>Because emc is treating "people become stronger because of their ego" as a self explanatory phenomena, when it is not.

It is. That's how Ewigkeit was brought into reality. That's why Shinza humans can reach superhuman status. Their ego is the main reason and power juice for them (Not counting Souls and all that other jazz ofc)

The ego is extremely important in a fight between deities. And Hajun wants to be alone, because he sees himself as perfect and others as trash only to be eradicated. He gets triggered by something else than him existing and powers himself up, all because he is extremely narcissistic and arrogant.

In short: Hajun's ego is his fuel.

>Monarch played DI

>Didn't know that their egos is the fuel to their powers and thats why their powers are entirely based on their desires being forced into reality

C o n t r o v e r s a l

Because that is either glossed over in regards to being arrogant enough to want your own world instead of the normal one, or straight up not mentioned in mentioned in DI? Souls are pretty ******* explicitly the fuel to their power, not their egos. More souls = more power. Not a bigger head.

Monarch, I know that "Souls are the fuel", but I wasn't really talking about that. Basically, without their egos = without a desire = No powers. Thats what I meant.

It's not mentioned in DI albeit hinted.

It's fully explained in Interview

SchroKatze said:
>Monarch played DI
>Didn't know that their egos is the fuel to their powers and thats why their powers are entirely based on their desires being forced into reality

C o n t r o v e r s a l
SchroKatze said:
Monarch, I know that "Souls are the fuel", but I wasn't really talking about that. Basically, without their egos = without a desire = No powers. Thats what I meant.
Make up your damn mind.

Of course I know that their desire is their power, that's made pretty obvious by everything. But having a big ego was not.

Souls are simply the fuel to keep their world active in Briah. In Atziluth, they are not necessary and simply helps you have a more spiritually active/dense universe.

Hell, even Snake mentions that you need to be one arrogant **** to even bother aiming for the Throne, the only exception to this rule basically being Marie.

And this is mentioned in the final battle between Mercurius and Reinhard.

Souls certainly just acts as a little nudge or push in a manner of speaking

Ego,Desire,Craving,Emotions are the main driven force in Shinza

Just look at how Reinhard can use information from the soul due to his ego (Wolfgang can too due to his insane personality) when that should be mind taxing IIRC

EvilMegaCookie said:
Hell, even Snake mentions that you need to be one arrogant **** to even bother aiming for the Throne, the only exception to this rule basically being Marie.

And this is mentioned in the final battle between Mercurius and Reinhard.
Which could easily be interpreted as you needing to be one arrogant **** to think you can be god. Not needing a big ego to have the power to be one. None of this is as obvious in DI as you seem to think it is.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Monarch,i hate,really hate to say this,but all of your word about the ego thing is........bullshit.....
Excuse me?

It's never mentioned in DI, yet I'm being accused of lying about having actually read the VN because I say that.

What are you talking about?

Also, wasn't there something about the limit of their soul stock being determined by how strong their ego is? Too much souls would f*** their ego or something like that.

SchroKatze said:
Also, wasn't there something about the limit of their soul stock being determined by how string their ego is? Too much souls would f*** their ego or something like that.
Reinhard vessel can take on infinite souls due to his whole ego xD

No, that is just the limit of their vessel. Exceed that and your own soul will eventually collapse. Reinhard is the only one who can absorb an endless amount of souls and keep going.

@Vel Apology accepted.

@Everyone else involved in this, I'm not saying the ego isn't the fuel of their power or whatever. I'm saying that explanation is never mentioned or explored in DI, where everyone instead focuses just on how many souls you have. If it comes up in later works, ok sure. Please add it to the explanation page while you're here.

But I don't appreciate being accused of lying, and I don't appreciate being treated like an idiot.

EvilMegaCookie said:
Yeah great, one slide about all the gods being arrogant among an entire VN of people talking about their soul stock making them more powerful. And a slide that is still easy to interpret for anyone who hasn't read the rest of the series as just meaning "you really need to believe in what you are doing if you plan on rewriting reality" rather than "your belief in what you are doing gives you the power to rewrite reality".

You have the benefit of having read everything else and being able to connect the dots. I haven't. I can work with the english translation of DI, and that's all I can work with.

Back