• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

To Arthur, Onslaught seems to be a huge Satan or any demon king he faced (killing ghosts with his weapons gave him NPI in the original canon, after all).

Thinking of hypothetical endings for lost characters or existing fighters if they were in the older titles sure seems to be our off-duty thing (Tony's already written in one match, but Erik got it first). Howard the Duck broke a fourth wall before Deadpool (even in the comics), heh.

Thinking of hypothetical endings for lost characters or existing fighters if they were in the older titles sure seems to be our off-duty thing (Tony's already written in one match, but Erik got it first). Howard the Duck broke a fourth wall before Deadpool (even in the comics), heh.
Since U.S. Agent is an assist character in 1, I wonder how his ending would play out

Btw didn't arthur aid dr strange against dormamu and firebrand in infinite? What are his antifeats for high 5-A exactly?
A) Arthur and Hawkeye’s combined efforts were completely ineffective against Thor, who is well below Strange and Dormammu

B) A High 5-A and a High 6-B vs a High 5-A and a High 6-B doesn’t make the High 6-Bs instantly High 5-A

Another thing worth noting too is that when Strange and Arthur fought those two, Arthur made it clear he was going to specifically fight Firebrand

Another thing worth noting too is that when Strange and Arthur fought those two, Arthur made it clear he was going to specifically fight Firebrand
Still, it feels a bit weird for dormamu to bother to make firebrand an ally if he millions of times faster and stronger

Still, it feels a bit weird for dormamu to bother to make firebrand an ally if he millions of times faster and stronger
It wasn’t Dormammu who did that though. Firebrand’s just serving under Jedah ever since he took over the Demon Village. It’s kinda just a case of “well, we have no one else who could assist us”

Anita's here.

Anita's here.

I like how the OCW actually justifies her being a legit character beyond a secret that was just meant to test the game originally

Capcom asking who the third original MvC2 character should be
Technically, since her grandfather came from a old 1984 arcade game and it's PC Engine sequel (which should grant hax besides former's transmutation that inspired a Hyper Combo for his non-MvC page in future; classics are my specialty, after all).

So I decided to go into investigation mode.

I have two leads so far.

One, the not-so-likely. I contacted the person who added the Monthly Arcadia references to Abyss's Capcom wiki page to see if they have some scans. They haven't been active in a few months, but they haven't completely disappeared, so maybe I'll get something there.

Two, a bit more likely. An active Youtuber that did a video five months ago on Monthly Arcadia and has a stack of physical copies could have the issue we need. They were only just active on Twitter yesterday so... Abyss profile actually feasible maybe???

So I decided to go into investigation mode.

I have two leads so far.

One, the not-so-likely. I contacted the person who added the Monthly Arcadia references to Abyss's Capcom wiki page to see if they have some scans. They haven't been active in a few months, but they haven't completely disappeared, so maybe I'll get something there.

Two, a bit more likely. An active Youtuber that did a video five months ago on Monthly Arcadia and has a stack of physical copies could have the issue we need. They were only just active on Twitter yesterday so... Abyss profile actually feasible maybe???
That’s awesome! You could be onto something!

Every fellow supporter and true believer, especially @Lonkitt and @MaidRips.

Since I managed to write the issue reference from a now-broken source (Shoryuken's forum) with it's release date while creating my old respect thread blog all these years ago, I guess this is the right one, from Sega Retro (it is the second book on "back issues" section).

The MvC2 section of a magazine lasts from Page 30 to 45, anyway.

Last edited:
Its translating time :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

Me going to Sega Retro while searching, checking a file preview of the issue and finding 15 consecutive pages of MvC2 content, knowing very well you'll be going for a ride (unless you don't find anything interesting).

Last edited:
Well, based on the even Abyss at his weakest (the Armour of Attrition) being said to have unparalleled power, I feel like you could argue for High 5-A.

Keep in mind, High 5-A would come from assuming this is taking into account previous threats. For example, it’s said in the specific First Form bio that even in the armour, Abyss displays unparalleled power. You could assume this is in the face of Ruby Heart’s team, but that kind of assumption may be harder to justify. However, the general bio actually acknowledges the previous Marvel bosses and goes on to make the same claim as before about Abyss’ First Form. This feels stronger

I think at this point we can tell anything possibly Tier 2 related isn’t actually that potent, and rather, comes down to Abyss having some hax on their side

Wouldn't it be better to give it a single key, with "higher" for the various forms?
Also because it can naturally transform into the others.

Back