• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs Capcom Discussion Thread

I don't think the Cyber Akuma key should get X-factor.
There’s no reason he wouldn’t. He’s still Akuma, just with cybernetic enhancements. The fact that X-Factor was added in a later game doesn’t play a role here

Really the only characters who don’t get X-Factor are those who weren’t playable in UMvC3 (aside from Galactus)

Continuity plays a very large role in how we handle the verse. Its just that assuming X-Factor only became a thing as of UMvC3 doesn't make much sense. Its not like it disappeared when Infinite happened. For example, Ryu in Street Fighter first displayed the use of his V-Trigger in SFV, but just because he can't use it in the SFIII games doesn't mean it disappeared. We also can't assume its just something that all characters in UMvC3 only got during the events of 3, since guys like Cyclops or Jin were shown making reappearance in endings, but its not like they got X-Factor

Continuity regarding abilities would be more relevant to something like Ryu losing the Satsui No Hado during Infinite or Hulk changing from his Genius personality too his Savage personality

But Cyber Akuma only debuted in MSHvsSF, multiple games before MvC3. Unless we count the alt costume as canon, I'm not sure if it should count.

There's nothing really saying it shouldn't count for the moment. There's not a lot going against the belief that X-Factor should apply to Cyber Akuma. Yes, he did come from a game before UMvC3. But its not as if X-Factor is an ability that results from something that can only be determined as a result of the passage of time giving it to characters

Speaking of Akuma, take your time with the suggestions Lonkitt, I saw that you're grabbing Blackheart's profile images which is looking great btw
Yeah, there was a brief hiccup where I had to redo his MSH render, but its all good now. After him, I'll get straight to seeing if I have any other recommendations for your draft

Yeah, there was a brief hiccup where I had to redo his MSH render, but its all good now. After him, I'll get straight to seeing if I have any other recommendations for your draft
I feel it lol, same happened with Venom (and I spent like a good 20 mins trying to get it right) so I was a little ticked 😅

Speaking of Akuma, take your time with the suggestions Lonkitt, I saw that you're grabbing Blackheart's profile images which is looking great btw
Suggestions:
-It could be mentioned how Akuma continues to grow in skill. Him and Wolverine’s first fight ended in a draw, but later he could defeat Wolverine and other fighters at the same time
-Akuma considering the tales of K’un-Lun’s martial arts to be weaknesses of no interest is another good skill feat
-For AP, another justification could be how Sentinel units will proceed with extreme caution should they encounter Akuma
-Akuma can have Rage Power as well as Resistance to Berserk Mode, given he’s mastered the Satsui No Hado

Suggestions:
-It could be mentioned how Akuma continues to grow in skill. Him and Wolverine’s first fight ended in a draw, but later he could defeat Wolverine and other fighters at the same time
-Akuma considering the tales of K’un-Lun’s martial arts to be weaknesses of no interest is another good skill feat
-For AP, another justification could be how Sentinel units will proceed with extreme caution should they encounter Akuma
-Akuma can have Rage Power as well as Resistance to Berserk Mode, given he’s mastered the Satsui No Hado
Aii bet, imma get some sleep and then add all this first thing in the morning,

thx for the suggestions as always

Akuma's profile has been published. Thanks for the help Tony

Ahh interesting, alrighty, after Strider and Akuma, I'll make a profile for Gold War Machine then.
I also realized that having Gold War Machine, Hyper Venom, and Orange Hulk’s profiles made would be useful since the fact that they can be called upon by Onslaught would be great for his own page. So oddly enough, it’s ideal that those original secret characters get profiles before one of the series’ bosses

I also realized that having Gold War Machine, Hyper Venom, and Orange Hulk’s profiles made would be useful since the fact that they can be called upon by Onslaught would be great for his own page. So oddly enough, it’s ideal that those original secret characters get profiles before one of the series’ bosses
Also, I think i wanna do Gold War Machine and Hyper Venom around the same time, so I'll quickly finish Venom's profile,

Just gotta finish his abilities and attacks sections

Bet bet, thx brotha.
No problem

Suggestions:
-Since the Symbiote copied Spider-Man's abilities, and there isn't any weird plot detail like in the comics where it didn't copy the Spider-Sense, Venom can be given Precognition. Additionally, Spider-Man's enhanced senses can be used as justifications for Venom's own
-Venom should also have Surface Scaling

No problem

Suggestions:
-Since the Symbiote copied Spider-Man's abilities, and there isn't any weird plot detail like in the comics where it didn't copy the Spider-Sense, Venom can be given Precognition. Additionally, Spider-Man's enhanced senses can be used as justifications for Venom's own
-Venom should also have Surface Scaling
Also, bet bet Ill add all that rn

Back