• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Upgrades: Captain Marvel

Peter_"Quicksilver"_Maximoff

VS Battles
Retired
I am fine with this.

Yet more evidence that we need to stop stacking Marvel Comics powers through Handbooks, if things like Island Level Spider-Man villains didn't make this apparent enough.

Hey we're in the same too with JJBA here, man~

Anyways this looks okay enough, only as long as it gets approved and what the others here think.

I agree that Large Island level Sandman and City level Carnage seem pretty ridiculous.

Why not scale these people to those they have actually consistently fought with in the comics, instead of those they are compared to in a guidebook?

Because, to Ant, they're inconsistent?

I obviously agree with Matt as well. It's bizarre that someone like Spiderman has fought Sandman and Carnage over the years, yet by here and on guidebooks, they're much higher than what Spiderman is at least capable of doing up to.

The more I actually sit down and read comics, the less I agree with the "They're 100% inconsistent and we have no other choice" preaching.

They have inconsistencies, yes, but that just means profiles should take work.

You shouldn't make a Marvel Comics profile by looking at Handbook Stats and ripping off powers from Marvel Wiki. You should sit down and read the character.

Even if Ant accepted this, the calc technically needs to be evaluated as well dude. @Peter

After all, a calc is still a calc.

Well, I am fine with if Matthew and LordXcano do their best to get along and collaborate with planning and executing a Marvel characters scaling revision project. I am far too overworked to manage to handle it myself.

However, take note that this would affect all lower-tiered Marvel characters, and also involve likely downgrading a lot of their speed levels. You would need to try to find useful calculations, or perform new ones yourselves, and then figure out which characters that should scale from them.

Matthew should handle the revisions however he wants. But personally I think people like Carnage and Sandman should be scaled to Spiderman for being reoccuring villains of his. Not scaling them to people I'm unsure if they've ever even directly interracted within the comics.

We've adamantly agreed that what actually happens in the story takes precedence over WoG on numerous occasions. Discarding the handbook should be no different.

Well, as I have stated previously, my old system was devised because I couldn't manage to organise anything better at the time. If the rest of you can do so, feel free to start figuring out how to handle this.

I understand. Matt says that he feels a more organized system can be arranged and I heavily trust his judgement when it comes to comics. I'm sure something good can be devised.

Well, he will likely need LordXcano's help with performing calculations. In addition, several of our Marvel character speeds are likely heavily exaggerated.

Regardless, both of them have approached me about this, so it would be good training for the two of them to learn to collaborate with each other without fighting.

The rest of you are also very free to help out of course.

I can see this working as long as said two above can, at the very least, work it out on adjusting our profiles of the Marvel verse.

I would be able to help but as i have something similar like this being done for another verse (i.e JJBA), that's all i can really say from above here.

Anyways, and just for the feeling and solid confirmation of myself for the last time, i support this use of the calc'd feat rather than scaling Cap Marvel from the databooks.

For now just put Captain Marvel at "City (Ranked via handbook), likely Large Island (This feat)" until we get stuff later.

Sounds like an okay middle ground for the moment. Fine enough with me.

Anyone else okay with Xcano's suggestion/idea?

The Everlasting said:
@Xcano
Except Carol's City level stat also comes from a feat of hers.
"(Scaling from base form Carol Danvers)"

Oh. There's the problem.

Just change that to:

"Scaling from Carol Danvers' casual feats"

It may be best to leave Carol's profile as it is until the revision project gets started.

@Matthew & LordXcano

Are the two of you willing to constructively collaborate with each other without fighting? You can obviously also request help from other staff members.

Matthew has stated that he will try to organise a Marvel characters revision project when he gets the time. LordXcano might be able to help out with calculations.

Back