• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Tiering Adjustments: 2.0

I think I remembered one time when Iron Man's calc did get a 6-B result, but was recalculated to High 7-A.

Yeah, but the calc neglected to take KE into account with the reasoning being that he only needed to destroy the mountain rather than stop it. But as Asura's recalc explains, this simply makes no sense given the context of the feat itself.

Okay. That can probably be used then.

Now we just need to wait and see if the High 6-A calc is valid. At the very least a High 6-B upgrade is imminent .

So, how should we apply this change in practice? Meaning, which characters would be affected for example?

Here's everyone that would scale to the Model 9:

Captain Marvel: Has proven to be superior to the Iron Patriot, which is comparable or superior to the Model 9.

Angela: Listed as comparable to Carol.

Rogue: Obviously possessing her powers would put her in the same tier.

Gambit: Listed as superior to Rogue.

Giant Man: Listed as comparable to Carol.

MODOK: Has overpowered Carol.

Mandarin: Listed as superior to the Model 9 upwards.

Moonstone: Coparable to Carol.

Osborn: His Iron Patriot is listed as comparable to the Model 9.

Vision: Listed as comparable to War Machine.

War Machine: Being the superior version of the Model 11, should be at least comparable to the Model 9.

That's as most as I can find at the moment.

His Model 8's tier will be changed from High 7-A to High 6-B, and his Model 9's tier will be changed from High 6-C to High 6-A

Will the High 6-A feat for Model 45 stay on the profile?

Also, does anyone minds if I request the Iron Man + Mandarin feat to be calced in the CR thread? I just feel it would be a waste to throuw out of window sucha impressive thing.

Thank you for trying to get the upcoming revisions organised.

Newendigo

I'm not sure what we should do with his Model 45's feat. On one hand its a waist to just ignore it when it works as a good supporting evidence.... but on the other hand it is a little redundant when his Model 9's feat is far more reliable for scaling, and wasn't the absolute peak of his armors power. I'm fine keeping it even its not as necessary anymore.

The calc is very strange, though. It's a massive blast wave that moves through space.

Maybe it can be placed in a feats list lower down the profile page?

So, would it be possible to apply the High 7-A to High 6-B and High 6-C to High 6-A upgrades?

I suppose so, although I would prefer some more staff input first.

I'm a tad bit lost on what's going on currently, but if it's on the topic of the OP's post, I think I more or less agree with everything stated here. To be more specific:

-Keeping the Iron Man armors to their current tier makes sense to me!

-Since Grey Hulk has multiple 5-B feats, I think he should stay at 5-B.

-Upgrading the 6-C gang to 6-A seems far more reasonable than 6-C to 5-A.

The Grey Hulk is currently scaled to 5-A. Kepekley23 thinks that it is based on an outlier.

Back