• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Tiering Adjustments: 2.0

Last thread unfortunately got derailed too much, so i've made a 2.0 version for simplicity sake. On to the thread:

I've been seeing discussions around here that some of Marvel's current rankings are spread a little too far apart from each other, mainly in reference to the 5-A and High 6-C tierings. Main discussion about this was here, and I thought I'd make a TL;DR version for simplicity's sake since i'd also like to get this sorted.

Essentially the solution was to simply upgrade the majority up to 5-A, but this was deemed far to unreasonable and so a compromise up to High 6-A (based on Iron Man's feat) was also suggested. I suppose deciding which side is more reasonable should be decided here.

There was also talk there of discarding Grey Hulk's meteor shattering feat as an outlier. If this is the case then there are a few 5-B feats to scale off of, namely from Umbra, Basilisk, and Spectrum. Cyclops has also stated himself that he can fire off an optic blast powerful enough to rip a small planet in half, which seems to lean closer to the 5-B end.

Personally, I'm fine keeping the current ranking, but I also acknowledge that there is far more evidence for 5-B than 5-A, and the 5-A feat in question is fairly old as well, and may be outdated.

Another issue brought up was about Iron Man's tiering. Simply put, there was simply no way to scale Tony above his currently recorded feats, given that at least two of them indicate that level to be the absolute peak of each respective suit, whether it be nothing outside of the Silver Centurion's full powered missile could do anything against this mountain, and Tony needed to push all power to his shields to survive this explosion, and even then came out pretty banged up after the fact

Essentially while the majority of the High 6-C's would be scaled up, most of Iron Man's armors should remain where he is given the circumstances.

Note: Please keep all discussion relevant to this specific topic so that this can be sorted as clearly as possible, last thread had to be abandoned for this very reason.

EDIT: Summation of the progress made with Iron Man throughout the thread:

His Model 8's High 7-A feat has now been recalced and accepted to be High 6-B. Everyone comparable to that will now be scaled up to there.

This High 6-A Model 9 feat has been approved as mathematically and logically correct and has been accepted as not being an outlier. This is a list of everyone that scales to it.

One point I feel needs to be addressed as well:

The one who did his High 7-A calc purposefully treats the mountain as if it were stationary, their justification being that he simply destroyed it and factoring in KE would be irrelevant. But given that the mountain was very clearly thrown at incredible speeds, is this a reasonable line of thought, or would KE need to be taken into account?

There is a version of this feat with KE taken into account here. There may be some issues with it, I also know that there is a different version on OBD that I can't seem to access with lower results.

There is also this calc that seems to have been ignored

Thank you for helping out, and my apologies for participating in the derailing.

APM+ The debris calc there is around 380+ Gigatons which is at least 3x times stronger than his current rating. Dark said the low-end was better (And is also supports his High 6-C tiering).

There are other 3 other feats for Model 9:

• Model 9 generates a earthquake (Cant find the picture, I recall being posted on one of those old Calculation Request Threads).
Can't say anything noteworthy about the High 7-A calc.

Now now, for the High 6-A feat, I personally doutb that anyone can scale to it. Tony had to go full drive to stop and endure the bomb, even after that he was badly banged. There is not character that fought Tony at this stated.

So the High 6-A rating is a very specific feat for a very specific model?

I think Violent Frag was used because the amount of debree left was miniscule compared to what was there. But then again you can barely see anything given how small the panels were, so I don't know.

By that logic, reducing a star-sized rock to Earth-sized chunks would be violent fragmentation. There's fragments of somewhat comparable size to Tony and Wanda at their feet.

I'm in the process of calcing the KE of the mountain feat, by the way.

Oh I agree with you there, I think that's just the reason why he decided to use Violent Frag instead.

Thank you for your help with this.

That is some... Massive results...

Someone calc the Iron-Mandarin feat, the power of all ten rings were freed, this includes Incinerator (Heat & Infrarred Radiation), Spectral (Energy that can split molecular bonds) and Remaker (Atomic and subatomic rearrangement). So something between vaporizatio or atomizatio would be a good method.

In my opinion.

Would it be alright if I posted Asura's calc in the Calculation Evaluations Thread for him quickly?

Multi-Continent level does not seem to be an outlier for Iron Man anymore, no.

I don't know if the calculation is otherwise acceptable though.

I can put it into a new blog and post it on the calc evaluations thread if you'd like.

That depends, what model was Iron Man wearing during the other High 6-A feat?

Ant Do you need me to place it into a new blog post or do you just want me to post the blog as it is currently?

It depends. Crimson Azoth should preferably be informed and willing to modify the calculation if necessary.

I can contact him now if you want, but do you want me to link him here or directly to the blog post itself?

If it was Model 9, that seems like the same model with the High 6-C feat, so either it's an outlier or every High 6-C character becomes High 6-A. But if all of those characters were thought to be much stronger than Iron Man, I suppose the latter is fine.

Back