• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Tiering Adjustments: 2.0

I have some feats of Doctor Doom releasing 10^11 volts of energy, but I don't think they can be converted to Joules tbh due to insufficient data

I don't know, for that I'd have to know the current, and the timeframe, but I for the love of me, can't with this less info.

And even then I'd doubt it's even a tier 6 feat

SuperAPM said:
Actually, looking at Cyclops' statement again, he only states that he can Rip a Small Planet in Half.
The values for splitting a regular sized planet like Earth was calced to be High 6-A and Low 5-B respectfully, So doing the same to a Small Planet would yield even lower results than this (If somebody could calc this that would be helpful)
Ok, but do you know how much power Cyclops would be displaying here? At the very least we can give him a more accurate tier.

Honestly, it could be any size he's talking about, so it is somewhat unreliable IMO. Unless we can assume a size for "small planet", like, Mercury or Pluto or something

Thank you for helping out.

Do we have any proof for the Cyclops scaling, or is it possible that it is hyperbole?

Zark2099 said:
Honestly, it could be any size he's talking about, so it is somewhat unreliable IMO. Unless we can assume a size for "small planet", like, Mercury or Pluto or something
NASA doesn't acknowledge pluto as one of the main planets in our solar system.

It should be fine to assume baseline small planet, Mercury size. The original calc assumed Earth size.

Substituting earth stuff with mercury's values, which are pretty well documented, but I'm kinda busy with IRL stuff (Got to prepare for like, Level 3 of this IBM-UN syndicated competition I'm selected for) so I keep forgetting about finishing it. I suppose I'll complete it after Monday, if it's all well.

Though tbh it's just substituting values, I assume anyone can do it easily enough.

Well the effort is well appeciated if we can get Cyclops a more accurate tier.

Anyway, good luck with everything you have to do IRL.

Only Mister Sinister scales to Cyclops, I think. However, I am uneasy with scaling Cyclops from a personal likely hyperbole statement, rather than his own destructive feats.

It would have been hyperbolic if Cyclops stated it to someone, but in this scenario, he's only refering to himself, so there's seemingly no need to assume it is a hyperbole IMO.

Though honestly I'm neutral on the whole thing. It is extremely close a calculation to the estimated tiers of the Thing and Colossus, who are currently being used to scale Cyclops.

Well, he may have overestimated himself or given himself a pep talk, given how extremely far it would be above all of his other feats.

That said, Havok once drained the Hulk and used his power against him to severely damage and knock him out. The Hulk was written as much weaker than currently at the time though.

Personally I think its fine to use. It looks to be him pushing himself to the upmost limit, and so is far and away much higher than his usual output.

Well, what would the other suggestion be then? Because considering we're throwing out the Thing scaling, this is the only other statement holding the higher portion of Cyclops' AP.

Well, I just think that quite a lot of our Marvel Comics profiles likely have exaggerated scaling, and that an unsubstantiated claim is generally considered unreliable for most of our verses.

I think that Storm should preferably scale from her greatest feat, and that a statement from Cyclops is not enough to go by.

What is the largest object that he has ever actually blown up? I personally have a hard time seeing him past tier 7.

I believe all of those are supposed to be Town level IIRC. Although getting them all calced as best as possible would be quite fortuitous.

Thank you. Is somebody willing to calculate the second scan?

I legitimately have no clue on how to calculate that, it's best to put it at either the Calcs Request Thread or ask a calc member to do it.

Bump.

Should we continue with trying to solve this?

I don't know, I don't presume this can be completed in any reasonable time by now to be frank, especially before the forum move.

It's more reasonable to make a new thread concerning the matter on the new forums.

I think we should decide what we're doing with Cyclops. In either respect his 5-A tiering needs to be removed, either because it was calced to actually be High 6-A, or because the statement itself is illegitimate.

I think that Cyclops and Havok should preferably scale from their greatest own feats.

Back