• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Thor(s), Mjolnir, and the God Tempest/ Mother Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, I need input from Marvel experts on this potential upgrade for both Thors (Odinson and Jane).

In Issue 12 of Mighty Thor (2016), we explore Mjolnir's (now retconned) origin, and in this issue it is revealed that Mjolnir was never created or even powered by Odin. Mjolnir is a piece of pure Uru containing and siphoning power from the Mother Storm, a sentient super-storm that stalemated Odin. I know most of us would handwave this and consider it the usual Marvel inconsistencies, but I think it's worth a try.

A few interesting scans in that issue:

A summary of all my points:

• First and foremost, we need to calculate the energy of the galaxy-sized Mother Storm. And from there...
  • If it's less than Multi-Galaxy level, we may have to consider downgrading Odin and others scaled from him.
  • If it's Multi-Galaxy level, we may have to consider upgrading Thor (Odinson and Jane) and others scaled from them
Thoughts?

Well, Odin has other Multi Galaxy Feats to scale from if this gets accepted...

Anyway, this seems good, though a calc is indeed a must to find out the energy behind the storm

Hmmm...seems like something interesting to hear of this. I'm not sure of Thor and such scaling but Odin having more 3-B feats certainly works well in justifying his stats.

A 4-A regular Thor would probably be considered as an outlier, yes.

Isn't he already at Multi-Galaxy level? I suppose that it would help with more proof though.

He was able to fight Perrikus without the Odinforce as well, although barely.

The In-Betweener was split in half, and not treated as anywhere near as powerful as usual in that storyline.

Surtur is a legitimate feat, but happened while Thor was borrowing the Odinforce on another occasion.

I am not sure about Desak (the original Gorr), or the Destroyer, but I think that the Designate was supposed to potentially be as powerful as Odin.

Well, we already list him as potentially 3-B, and the Desak feat happened within an alternative future, whereas the Surtur feat happened several years earlier.

The nine worlds are not considered as entire universes, as far as I am aware, just as relatively small realms that are connected to each other in some dimensional portal manner.

Well, the realms themselves have been shown as quite small, even if they are present in other universes. I am not willing to upgrade Surtur to 2-C.

Neither am I. He only destroyed the physical tree that connects all the universes and which has branches moving across whole universes. That is 3-A.

Yes, I suppose that a 3-A Surtur with the Twilight Sword should be fine. He supposedly cannot destroy the universe without it.

Actually, Surtur on his page does have a 3-A rating already with the sword. There's just a complete lack of justification for his stat there. With the above, that would be good to give him that.

About Thor(s), I meant to say that maybe the gap between Thor(s) and Odin isn't as massive as we currently think, and the calc result for the Mother Storm may support that. And Perrikus was able to fight Odin in the past and gave Thor a hard time when the Dark Gods invaded Asgard

It is likely standard Marvel massive inconsistency. If Thor is upgraded to 4-A, we would likely have to upgrade a lot of characters that also scale to Thor. We have tried to find some sort of balanced middle-path.

That's good at least. What about Surtur's page for his 3-A tier with the sword? Like i said, what was said here for his 3-A stat can be used for his stat cause that thing is empty with no reasoning to there.

Aside that, i take it that there will be no upgrade for Thor and his weapon here, i see. Can a page for the Mother Storm be made at least?

I would appreciate if somebody could improve upon Surtur's description, yes, although I think that there isn't much to say. During the Walter Simonson run, he was referenced as capable of destroying the universe only with a lit Twilight Sword, if I remember correctly.

I suppose thst a page for the Mother Storm could be created, yes, although a calculation of its power would be preferable.

Jane's latest feat should comfortably upgrade her to Multi-Solar System level.

Surtur and Odin are both Multiverse level.

Surtur's flames were destroying the Nine Realms of Yggdrasil, Odin casually nullified the flames. Dr. Slovang already corroborated that the Norse Realms are entire universes. And he's an astrophysicist, so yes, he would know.

Also, people do realize that if he only destroyed Yggdrasil, it would be an even bigger feat, right? Yggdrasil itself is much larger than the entirety of the Norse Realms combined.

Come on, mate.

What's with the negativity?

Someone gives an opposing view, so they're "wanking"?

Universal is more of a conventional standard for a being such as Odin and Surtur.

Again, traditionally Surtur has needed the Twilight Sword to be a universal threat, and Multi-Solar System level Jane Foster seems like too much of an outlier.

I would appreciate if you immediately and permanently drop the issue.

Jane Foster can only do 4-A feats when using the Mother Storm. I don't see the issue here. That's like arguing that God of Steel Superman fighting Anti-Monitor is an outlier when he's doing so with a new powerup.

So is Surtur not gonna have that reasoning for his Sword thing of 3-A put in or no? The lack of justification there is rather unnerving to look at times still.

Here.

That's fine enough with me.

Anyways, do we keep this thread open? It seems that anything higher than 4-B for Thor and Jane Foster(?) aren't gonna be accepted and Odin seems to be staying the way he is for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back