• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Street Characters Upgrade To 8-A/7-C (13 CONSISTENT FEATS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Zark's arguments higher up in this thread. The linked feats in question are not useful or consistent. We should preferably close this thread.

Antvasima said:
I agree with Zark's arguments higher up in this thread. The linked feats in question are not useful or consistent. We should preferably close this thread.
You can't just dismiss it for being "inconsistent" if it happens many times and overlaps the weaker feats, you shouldn't say that somethings an outlier, especially if it's High 8-C going up to 8-A, which is only two tiers up, so there's no reason to believe that it's an "outlier" in the face of many counts of undeniable evidence of them being 8-A/7-C, unless they are absolutely so far beyond what the characters are capable of, which is not the case here. I'm afraid to say this but you're too strict with the whole "outlier" thing. What makes the feats not useful? Can you please explain how they are not useful or consistent instead of just saying it without explanation?

P.S. I have yet to find anyone give me any evidence to how High 8-C and even 9-A being more consistent than 8-A, Low 7-C and 7-C. I have given evidence to the upgrade feats, I've explaned it all on what's happening in the feats and why they are consistently 8-A/7-C. If you don't have any evidence of them being more consistently "9-A" or "High 8-C", then your arguments are not reliable and not strong enough than the more consistent 8-A/7-C feats and me and MonsterKing's arguments are stronger and we win, because that's how it works, so there is absolutely no reason why this should be dismissed and not be used, given that our arguments, explanation and points are much more valid than the people against the upgrade.

Antvasima said:
My recap argument hasn't really been addressed yet. By consistent, do you mean like "how many solar system vs universal feats does superman have" consistent? Is an extra key for Spider-Man plausible?

Also, there is an uncalced feat for Spider-Man in Avengers vs X-Men #9, where he survives a massive explosion (it should be at least 8-A, likely higher) I'd recommend finding someone who can calculate that, I feel it might be important. This should be in no way an outlier because he survived it, yes, but he collapsed on the ground from it. An outlier would be him survivng it with no damage, but he is severely injured from it.

WeeklyBattles said:
Most of these feats have been brought up and dismissed before iirc
Which I have explained earlier why there is no reason to dimiss them, if you have seen my reply to Antvasima's comment on my thread.

WeeklyBattles said:
Most of these feats have been brought up and dismissed before iirc
My arguments themselves have not, and again there is an uncalced feat. You can't just dismiss them because of previous discusssions while ignoring this current discussion. Also, about the doc ock thing, his arms were just made so he could conduct experiments in radioactive areas while shielding himself behind a wall. This does not mean that they were made to take the force of a nuclear blast
RCO004 1469440613

Banandrakk said:
You agree with the upgrade?!? O.O
Yep :D
Yay, thank chu so much!!!! >¤ë<

If you can, if you know any other 8-A, Low 7-C or 7-C feats, send them here!!!! >:3

For the record after a cursory glance, I do disagree. Anti-feats exist and from my old talks with Zark and after following the original downgrade, I'm more inclined to agree with where we are now.

Mr. Bambu said:
For the record after a cursory glance, I do disagree. Anti-feats exist and from my old talks with Zark and after following the original downgrade, I'm more inclined to agree with where we are now.
Again, no evidence and no examples of more consistent 9-A and High 8-C feats than 8-A, Low 7-C and 7-C feats. What do you mean following the original downgrade? Why are you clinging onto the past with another thread? How is that thread better? How can you even think that Captain America is 9-A? My points are still stronger so you haven't refuted any of my arguments.

Mr. Bambu said:
Also, are you not going to bother with calculating the feats above? Can you at least get someone to calculate them for us, please? You are clearly ignoring them and you are just dodging the questions, not very professional for an admin.

Madot, please. No need to be aggressive; nobody is bad intentioned towards you.

Mr. Bambu said:
Anti feats do exist and they exist in almost every form of fiction. I do not believe you should purposefully go for lower end showings of a character, as it blatantly ignores their full potential and a lot of higher showings. If nothing else is wrong with these feats, I don't think just using anti feats is a strong enough argument. These aren't just one off showings either, there is quite the number of supporting evidence

Also, are you not going to bother with calculating the feats above? Can you at least get someone to calculate them for us, please? You are clearly ignoring them and you are just dodging the questions, not very professional for an admin.
~ madotsuki24​
The nerve of some people, eh...

Maybe, if a request was made to me, sure. But how blatantly rude and disrespectful you were over me not taking the initiative to help you is outstanding. This is a hobby and my interest doesn't pertain to Marvel much, so no, I don't generally take leaps and bounds to help people who are trying to pick fights with Staff in a marvel thread. I came here to ensure it was peaceful after your scuffle with Zark. Even if a request was made now, no. Why would I help someone who ostensibly only has insults to dish out to people? I wouldn't, and I ain't.

Understand that some folks are just busier with other things. Thanks for the opinion, though.

I stand by my opinion, if you try to pick a fight with ad hominem again, I'm closing the thread.

Madot, take a step back and breath. Think logically. In the grand scheme of things, we're a semi-popular vs debating site. It's a huge waste of energy to get angry over something this unimportant.

Regardless, all the other staff members have said everything there is to say on this from my Point of View.

Meh... either way the scaling for comic-book characters in general is a mess with the typical expected inconsistencies, still interesting to see Batman (Post-Crisis) being rated higher than the likes of Black Panther for example but I digress.

I still get a good chuckle when folks complain about live action films nerfing comic-book characters yet MCU Cap is superior (physically) to his comic-book counterpart (according to this site anyway).

Okay, no, I'm going to say this because I don't settle for less, I'm fight for more. If Mr. Bambu closes this thread because of this comment coming up, it shows that he can't take any sort of criticism and he is a bad admin and needs to either improve or retire.

Mr. Bambu said:
~ madotsuki24​
The nerve of some people, eh...

Maybe, if a request was made to me, sure. But how blatantly rude and disrespectful you were over me not taking the initiative to help you is outstanding. This is a hobby and my interest doesn't pertain to Marvel much, so no, I don't generally take leaps and bounds to help people who are trying to pick fights with Staff in a marvel thread. I came here to ensure it was peaceful after your scuffle with Zark. Even if a request was made now, no. Why would I help someone who ostensibly only has insults to dish out to people? I wouldn't, and I ain't.

Understand that some folks are just busier with other things. Thanks for the opinion, though.

I stand by my opinion, if you try to pick a fight with ad hominem again, I'm closing the thread.
The gaslighting you are inflicting on me is insane... Also, I'm being rude? You say that I was being rude and disrespectful, but Zark was guilty for the exact same thing and you were okay with her being rude and disrespectful towards me, so that means you're being a hypocrite and no one likes hypocrites. Two wrongs don't make a right. Because you think that two wrongs make a right, you are very immature and childish. You obviously favour Zark over me, which is horribly toxic. Multiple mods on this wiki are much ruder than me, you don't have a podium to stand on because of that.

Your interest is not in Marvel? Then why are you on this thread?

> "I don't generally take leaps and bounds to help people who are trying to pick fights with Staff in a marvel thread."

You're not supposed to pick fights with anyone, not just staff members, I'm better than you in that regard as well, it just amplifies how right I am over you.

Madotsuki24 said:
Okay, no, I'm going to say this because I don't settle for less, I'm fight for more. If Mr. Bambu closes this thread because of this comment coming up, it shows that he can't take any sort of criticism and he is a bad admin and needs to either improve or entire.
Sure, why not, bad admin closes the thread of the entirely innocent aggressor.

I give you permission to remake the thread when you're adult enough to handle talking to people without trying to make jabs at them. Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back