• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pac-Man 8-A Rating Upgrade (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonygameman

He/Him
So, this is my first actual tier upgrade thread for quite a long time (other cases were only about abilities and miscellaneous stuff) which is why I'm a little bit nervous now, but we'll see soon enough where this will be going.

Anyway, a problem with Pac-Man's current profile is that High 8-C and 8-B feats included in a base key are not calculated and they're probably guesswork statistics, thus feeling kind of oversaturated compared to the regular tier (8-C/Building level).

Luckily, CuteAnimeNekoGirl99 managed to calculate a durability feat from Pac-Man World 3, in which Pac-Man himself survived the explosion of Erwin's Teradecahydratron point-blank and gave pursuit to him with no notable injuries (who was also inside the machine before it exploded) in a following cutscene, which is around 8-A/Multi-City Block level according to the blog. And a calc group member, Psychomaster35, seems to have accepted it in a comment.

In the end, I think that Pac-Man's base tier and other scalable characters (Ms. Pac-Man & Ghosts has profiles thus far) outside of Spooky, should be Multi-City Block level.

Votes: (staff members will be bolded)
  • Agree: 8 (koopa3144, SamanPatou, LephyrTheRevanchist, Anomalous_N_I_W_D_E, ZespeonGalaxy, Marvel_Champion_07, Cropfist, Dalesean027)
  • Disagree: 0
  • Neutral: 0

Last edited:
Makes sense, I agree.

Also, I'm throwing in something that doesn't pertain this thread, and that should totally be left for another one if needed, but I wanted to ask: Is there a Pac-Man canon?
Because the current profile seems to be a composite of every single game ever.

Makes sense, I agree.

Also, I'm throwing in something that doesn't pertain this thread, and that should totally be left for another one if needed, but I wanted to ask: Is there a Pac-Man canon?
Agreed, and particularly about the pac-man canon. We should be figuring that out sooner rather than later.

credit-card.gif

Take the W. It's about time Pac got an Upgrade.

Makes sense, I agree.

in terms of canon currently and seemingly it's taken as Classic which isn't every game ever notably ghostly adventures is absent and the Hanna barbara Pac-Man isn't there as well

Pacman is somewhat lose when it comes to canon similar to Mario or an episodic cartoon but it generally takes into account what you can consider classic pacman games

in terms of canon currently and seemingly it's taken as Classic which isn't every game ever notably ghostly adventures is absent and the Hanna barbara Pac-Man isn't there as well

Pacman is somewhat lose when it comes to canon similar to Mario or an episodic cartoon but it generally takes into account what you can consider classic pacman games
Currently see your point. Canonicity is as beckoning as it is irritating at times, but yes, the Canon of Pac-Man seems as loose.

i dont see the point in the "likely" bs, just make him flat out 8-a since he literally no selled it, also the 8-c thing is from a monster busting a large wall who pacman literally beat the life out of it so badly it was crying
It seems that most staff members agrees with a revision and perhaps the grace could start soon (assuming at least three were needed), but if they're fine with this suggestion, I'll edit a tier on the opening post accordingly before a period ends. (though this decision may cost him a match against Chapulin. Sorry, Anomalous)

Last edited:
It seems that most staff members agrees with a revision and perhaps the grace could start soon (assuming at least three were needed), but if they're fine with this suggestion, I'll edit a tier on the opening post accordingly before a period ends. (though this decision may cost him a match against Chapulin. Sorry, Anomalous)
marvel is a content mod, his agreement don't count for shit

But I do believe we can apply this with Saman's and my agreement

Just changed the tier on a opening post (not the pages, obviously). It was just that I was waiting for Saman's own, personal approval at first before you brought this up and proceeding on.

Yep, this feels like it. A grace period shall officially begin now (unless we already count Tuesday's post, which means it should've been over).

Last edited:
Just managed to apply revisions for the pages in that case, so this can be closed now (a long break from upholding revision threads could really do, did warn at the start).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back