• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Spino is leaving for a month in a few days, so we really need to try to hurry up with the conclusions here.

There is a new calculation of the Gray Hulk planet-sized asteroid-busting feat.

So I'll be flying to America tonight. I believe I can use my mobile phone at night during my studies, so I can still occasionally comment here, but I don't think I can apply massive changes.

I wonder if we could create a Marvel Comics Disscusion Thread.

To talk about more recent stuff, and not be limited to a single topic (Like Speed, AP. etc).

@Spino

Good luck with your studies. Perhaps you could get or bring a tablet so you can occasionally help out here when you are in the U.S. as well?

@Newendigo

I probably won't participate, as I only genuinely enjoy classic Marvel comics. Modern Marvel is mostly extremely slanted in a direction that I do not like, and is of overall low creative quality.

@Antvasima Will bring a mobile phone. Hong Kongers are very skilled with typing on mobile phones due to game addiction lol. There's this friend of mine who types with two fingers, equally fast to typing on a keyboard.

Modern Marvel comics sucks, yeah.

Okay. I find it easier to either use a small laptop, or to connect a tablet to my phone's internet though.

If you want to read some good Marvel stuff, I would recommend Frank Miller's Daredevil, Walter Simonson's Thor, and John Byrne's Fantastic Four, among other things.

Good to have you back.

Can you summarise where we left off please?

Hawkeye, those who scale to him and those who do not scale to Cap/Wolverine/etc do not have a decided rating yet.

Heavy hitters are sub-rel+

Okay. You can message Matthew to ask him to comment here again.

Good to have you back.

Yes, that would be useful.

I said this before, but using Daredevil's and Spider-Man's feats to scale other characters is questionable and off. Not to mention Spider-Man holds back, a lot, even against villains.

Hawkeye fought (not sparring) Captain America and dodged many of his attacks, he even defeated him I think. I think its a bit outliery though.

He used to have regular sparring sessions with Cap, yes.

Am I the only one that thinks Sub Rel+ IM is an outlier?

I mean aside from exactly one throwaway feat in an extremely early armor he has frequently been consistently MHS to MHS+ throughout the comics especially during his frequent bouts with Cap and Bucky

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Well it is consistent with Fin Fang Foom and Rogue
Those are his High 5A armors though

Many of Cap's fights against him don't involve those armors, usually High 7A or High 6C

Past classic armors (Model 1-23) IM has a pair of Rel to FTL feats, plus being able to fight on par with the Living Laser who is one of his main villains.

Well, Marvel scaling is bound to be inconsistent per definition. We have to try to make do anyway. I personally have no problem with a sub-relativistic+ Iron Man.

So what were the conclusions so far here? We need to try to get these revisions done.

A new thread might be better at this point.

We also need to rescale various characters from Carol Danvers being High 5-A, and the Gray Hulk performing a feat on the same level according to Darkanine's calculation.

Gray Hulk's feat is 5-A according to Kep's calculation. High 5-A Carol Danvers you mean as Binary, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back