• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Scaling from Thor or Red She-Hulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Currently we either scale non-cosmic characters above Marvel's "Class 100" handbook strength ratings based on Thor, at Solar System level, or Red She-Hulk, at Dwarf Star level.

Thanks to certain editors modifying the statistics of some pages, they are also currently a bit of an incoherent mess.

The question is, which of the profile pages should we preferably scale from either character, and after we have reached a decision based on the chaeacter list linked below, is somebody knowledeable willing to adjust the pages accordingly?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Marvel_Comics

I can help with whatever pages I'm allowed to access with since I've also read 100's of marvels comics so I know can telling which characters should scale to Thor or red she hulk.

If Unlocking them and locking them again is too much of a hassle. I could always write a list here to who scales to who to make it easier.

Well, suggestions are always welcome, although I would appreciate Matthew's input regarding this.

Due to overwork, I do not have the energy to write a list right now, or to modify the profiles myself, but if somebody else would write one, I could make suggestions for adjustments.

Yeah i've actually noticed this happened for a couple of so days. We kind of do need to really figure out which can scale fine to Thor, and which do not and should just stay scaled to Red-She-Hulk.

So as Matt said earlier, we can have ones scale to around Thor's level if they have enough showings comparable to his level. And again if not, scale them to Red-She-Hulkj instead.

The real cal howard said:
Small help: Ego should be solid 4-B

Collossus: High 5-A iirc
Well colossus with the cytorakk armor was able to heavily beat down red hulk in the Xmen vs Avengers series. Shouldn't this qualify him for 4-B since he was able to contend with Thor?. Of course we should make a separate tab.

Ah, nevermind. Dark Phoenix made a star go Supernova, thought that she destroyed the Solar System proper.

But she should outrank Thor.

Phoenix Cyclops, Emma, Magik and Namor all have showings against Thor. Phoenix Colossus has showings against Red Hulk. And Magik has showings against normal Hulk.

So 4-B Phoenix 5 is natural.

Colossus is normally officially ranked below Red She-Hulk, and on par with Iron Man. He should obviously scale to the Juggernaut with a Cyttorak boost.

Anyway, we need to be more thorough with the list, and go through all of the entries. For example, what should we do about The Champion of the Universe, Wonder Ma, and the Blue Marvel?

I am leaning towards scaling Wonder Man from Red She-Hulk, but am uncertain about the Blue Marvel, Hyperion, and the Champion. Gladiator should probably be scaled from Thor though.

Champion of the Universe seems to have his stats scaled to Surfer and Thor, so perhaps 4-B for him.

Well, the problem is that She-Hulk once thoroughly stomped the Champion, but we might have to count that as an outlier.

abomination should be able to scale to hulk for being able to go toe to toe with him on multiple occasions.

I suppose so. Have we forgotten any characters?

Also, the Dark Phoenix has like 3 fights against Galactus where she won / ended in a draw, has a statement from Mister Fantasti saying that she is equal to Galactus in potential, and in a What-IF the Dark Phoenix destroyed the universe over time.

I'm thinking that "Possibly 3-B at peak" seems reasonable.

Hyperion technically has the same strength rating as Colossus and Iron Man, but he has been able to keep up with the Hulk, and other, supposedly equally powerful, incarnations of the character were placed at tier 7 (It should be noted that another version kept up with Gladiator, and yet another slaughtered all of the Marvel heroes on his planet), so I scaled him higher than usual. I am still uncertain if we should scale him from Thor or Red She-Hulk though.

Antvasima said:
Well, the problem is that She-Hulk once thoroughly stomped the Champion, but we might have to count that as an outlier.
Maybe put She-Hulk at 4-B? Saying this because her profile states that she's > Red She Hulk, and there's the feats of stomping Champion and a Thanos clone, and being on par with Thor and Herc. However, I'm not sure what kind of repercussions would come from that.

Should we at least make a proper list of who would scale fully to Thor's level and those of She-Hulk's? Kind of like what Peter is doing atm?

Want to make sure things are good before we do this actually...

Yes, the Phoenix Five characters should all be at least 4-B. They were consistently stronger than Gladiator, Thor, and similar.

I agree with CrossverseCrisis that a list of the high tiers would be preferable. You can see all our Marvel characters listed below:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Marvel_Comics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back