• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Godzilla and Human Torch Firefight

I noticed that Human Torch's profile states that Human Torch can't be harmed by temperatures below 1,000,000 degrees F (= 555,537.778 degrees C = 555,810.778 K).

One scan from the Marvel Godzilla comic shows this little exchange.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111240706/4821273-godzillafightdisplay.jpg

I don't know much about the Fantastic Four. When was the 1,000,000 degree F thing stated? Is it canon to the Marvel Godzilla comic?

This could potentially put Marvel Godzilla at Mountain to Island Level if it's canon to the comic.

EDIT: Fixed broken link.

WeeklyBattles said:
1,000,000 degrees farenheit isnt even Building level if that's what youre using for AP
I was planning to approximate his throat as a 10 m x 10 m cylinder and using that as the minimum surface area emitting heat to produce his atomic breath. Using this calculator, an emissivity of 0.9, a surface area of 314.159 m^2, and a temperature of 555,537 K, I got an energy output of 1.527 x 10^18 W ~ 365,000,000 Tons of TNT (Mountain Level).

Oh, I should have been more specific, the comic page I meant was 404 Error for me

This does seem pretty reasonable, and matches up with his AP in the story of being able to contend pretty well with heavy hitters in Marvel.

What about Thor's comment about Godzilla being compared to the Midgard serpent?

Jared1111 said:
This does seem pretty reasonable, and matches up with his AP in the story of being able to contend pretty well with heavy hitters in Marvel.
What about Thor's comment about Godzilla being compared to the Midgard serpent?
I don't know. Scaling seems to be an issue with that comic, from what I've been told. I'm not even sure the method I used for that Mountain-Island level calc is accurate anymore.

Back