• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics: Possible Yggdrasil Upgrade - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew has not behaved nearly as bad as he has been treated in these threads as far as I am aware, and if you start to actively undermine staff authority, that could turn into a problem.

This thread wouldn't have gotten nearly as bad as it currently is were it not for Matthew acting like a 12-year old nd then being offended and accusing people when they responded to him in the same tone. As I said, you keep turning a blind eye to people just because their name is a specific color. I don't trust him at all to evaluate this issue compared to people like PrinceoftheMorning or even NESFan, who have actually tried to argue, and he has done nothing deserve respect.

You keep insulting and mocking him over and over in multiple posts, whereas he has behaved comparatively well, and this wiki would cease to function properly if regular members started to constantly behave in this manner, so it sets a dangerous precedent. I would appreciate if you permanently stop it.

He also has a long history of trying to help this wiki get reliable statistics as well as he has been able to with his available time.

He only behaves comparatively well to you because he agrees with you. He has continuously mocked people who agree with this upgrade, and was the one to start this whole mess. Just look at the previous thread without wool over your eyes, Antvasima.

As I have told you, I don't condone with people who attempt to invent nonsense to discredit others as "desperate liars" and sarcastically mock people for their beliefs. I don't care about the color of his name or his reliability in the distant past. It doesn't excuse his current behavior which you continuously ignore.

Anyway, I recognize that I might have been too trigger-happy and aggressive in my past post, but I would still prefer if unbiased knowledgeable members were the ones to evaluate my post.

Again, I haven't noticed anything remotely comparable to the sum total vitriole that he has been subjected to. He has been comparatively levelheaded in these threads as far as I am aware.

It should take considerable infractions for a staff member to be demoted and banned, considering that we would end up with almost nobody helping us out to do the necessary work of keeping the wiki in order otherwise. Being annoyed at times is obviously not remotely enough, and again, Matthew has been comparatively well-behaved in these threads as far as I have noticed.

I'm fine with Those Who Sit Above In Shadow existing in the outside. While it is possible they simply escaped the destruction of the multiverse by the Beyonders during Loki's story, such statement of them escaping the destruction of the multiverse or anything was not mentioned during this storyline. TWSAIS can reside in the outside it wasn't for nothing if Loki thought that TWSAIS can be Beyonders taken form. Because like them, they are outside all realms. I can be wrong but it is my opinion.

We have. Several low-powered characters have survived there, and it is against our fundamental standards to automatically scale characters to the degree of their environment.

Several low-powered characters that were saved by somebody else:

Glorian used shaper of worlds power to save silver surfer from the collapse of the multiverse.

Loki saved all stories. Why he shouldn't be able to save himself and one other being ?

The Shaper of Worlds isn't 1-A. The Power Cosmic of the Silver Surfer in itself was sufficient to protect his human girlfriend from surviving there.

By saving do you mean teleporting them to safety? If so then teleportation to a 1-A plane would be less of an AP feat and more of a range feat.

Finally. Let's break down Paradox's wall of text masquerading as an argument. Since this time he provided us with an overabundance of scans instead of none, I think it would be the most effective if we went through each scan at a time, analyze what they say, and then see what we can conclude from there. Shall we?

As an addendum, I'm referring to "Those Who Sit Above In Shadows" as the "Shadow Sitting Gods", because I find it funny and also because it's shorter and easier for me to type than the abbreviation.

Alright:

Finally, let's address the handful of "Ginnungagap" Scans.

And that'll be it for tonight. A long and impressively-looking post is often seldom reliable when analyzed with the slightest scrutiny. I doubt that those who liked the post even read it in full. They just saw it be big and thought "Lol, Matt got destroyed!".

Alas, I was not. And Paradox's post proved meaningless indeed.

ParadoxIndifferent said:
Not like the whole Silver Surfer/Glorian/Outside stuff matters, anyway.
It matters when one of the arguments repeated is that being from the Outside makes you 1-A, and also the claim that "Even those as powerful as Lifebringer Galactus can't survive in the Outside".

Thank you for helping out Matthew.

There is no reason for them to be Low 1-C, unless you're willing to accept that they might be 1-A, since it's the exact same polarity; just two different ends of it.

Why Low 1-C could not work? If they are above all realms, Low 1-C or 2-A can be an alternative if 1-A is really rejected.

Elizio33 said:
Why Low 1-C could not work? If they are above all realms, Low 1-C or 2-A can be an alternative if 1-A is really rejected.
Low 1-C is nonsensical as a possible rating, due to the fact it requires you to:

• (1) Assume the multiverse is 2-A. It isn't.
  • (2) Arbitrarily treat being "outside the multiverse" as a feat in one instance, but not the other (not that them being "outside the multiverse" is the actual point, as you'll see from my rebuttal)

Alonik said:
*The tree that is everything. That has its roots and branches in all that is. There are ten realm in this reality.
This is the worst possible interpretation to conclude Low 1-C, since Odin said that IN HIS REALITY there are 10 kingdoms, not throughout the yggdrasil. These 10 realities is only the 10 local realms of 616. I don't know if you've noticed, but there's a score there to separate one utterance from the other.
No, the very scan clearly states that Yggdrasil contains the Ten Realms. "Everything" in this context is the 10 realms.

Odin makes that statement from the point of view of the story he is most familiar with, the Norse one. That does not mean the story of Yggdrasil is limited to the Norse Realms, because in this very same storyline, Fem!Loki states that the omniversal Incursions would lead to the end of the World Tree and all its stories, and the background picture shows the Avengers fighting, plainly implying that the Yggdrasil encompasses their stories, too.

• Goddess Loki is partially lying, of course, before anyone brings it up. She states it's the "final" death of all stories, and this is what she is lying about, as she explains moments later, because it is in fact only a temporary death of all stories, since stories are self-perpetuating and recreate themselves)
Anyway, I'm expecting a pizza on my front door, so this will be my last post before my response to your arguments soon.

Literally, nothing in this conjugation says that this reality in yggdrasil is unique. Besides that Yggdrasil containing 10 realms is an obvious conjugation, this does not limit to 10 realms.

Also this is so solid, that further forward yggdrasil is called omniverse/Multiverse that The Beyonders were attacking.

"because in this very same storyline, Fem!Loki states that the end of the omniverse means the end of the World Tree and all stories"

So.

Imagine there's a huge skyscrapper in a city. 100 stories tall or something. And then due to an event, the whole city is going to be destroyed. And someone says that the end of the city will mean the end of the building.

Does that mean that the building contains the city now?

Because that's all Loki's stating there. Of course the destruction of the Marvel Multiverse naturally means the destruction of the World Tree. Yggdrasil is in the Marvel Multiverse so it will go out too.

Alonik said:
Literally, nothing in this conjugation says that this reality in yggdrasil is unique. Besides that Yggdrasil containing 10 realms is an obvious conjugation, this does not limit to 10 realms.
Also this is so solid, that further forward yggdrasil is called omniverse/Multiverse that The Beyonders were attacking.
Everything says, in fact. We're repeatedly stated that Yggdrasil contains the ten realms. When they say that it contains "everything!" they're being hyperbolic and not-literal.

Except that in no conjugation says that yggdrasil is part of the multiverse, but rather that it is him.

That's the same as picking up and saying, "WOW eternity appears inside the multiverse, so that means it's not the multiverse, even though it has clear statements of it"

Its not because in the context of Eternity appearing inside the Multiverse we are often dealing with M-Bodies.

And speaking of such, they are the perfect example of why we can't take literal claims like that as fact. Because the Dimension of Manifestations was stated to be outside all realities and beyond them, it has a white background and it's where abstract shit happen. So obviously it's the same thing as the Outside, and therefore M-Body eternity > Multi Eternity.

> And speaking of such, they are the perfect example of why we can't take literal claims like that as fact. Because the Dimension of Manifestations was stated to be outside all realities and beyond them, it has a white background and it's where abstract shit happen. So obviously it's the same thing as the Outside, and therefore M-Body eternity > Multi Eternity.

This is an awful analogy, Matthew, and you know very well why. Primarily because the Dimension of Manifestation has never been stated as outside all realities, simply beyond reality proper, and assuming it has in a scan I'm not aware of, that would still require more context, and most importantly because the Loki storyline clearly described Loki and Verity in the Outside after the entire omniverse collapsed due to the Incursions. Unless you are saying the entirety of Secret Wars shouldn't be taken literally, now.

@Paradox

• "The same storyline makes it clear that the realm in which they operate is the Outside: [Odin scan]"
That doesn't show them in the Outside though, in fact that does more for my argument than it does yours since it's plainly not depicted the same as the actual Outside (black versus white). Sure, it's a void "outside" the multiverse, but not the Outside-with-a-capital-O. I hadn't addressed this before because I didn't realize that scan was from the same storyline, but that being the case, it's actually supportive of Loki's statement that TWSAIS went back to their own realm after fleeing the Outside.

Basically, I think this storyline delineates Ginnungagap as something separate from the Outside/Oblivion while still saying that it's outside the multiverse. It is its own realm. The story contradicts the claim that Ginnungagap is simply the Norse term for looking at literal Oblivion.

Which brings me to the point about cosmic architecture. I wouldn't be opposed to this upgrade if I thought there was a sufficient case for Ginnungagap actually being 1-A (since I do not believe it is literally-the-same as Oblivion, for the above reasons). But after examining all the scans posted in the last couple threads, I think the beyond-cosmic-architecture is about as good as it gets. And that statement can easily just mean "outside the multiverse," which isn't sufficient evidence for 1-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back