• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics: Low 1-A Revision (pt. I)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree with OP's general assessment of the situation. It should be noted that I have not read the entirety of this thread, but I have read a very considerable portion of it, and I find his arguments compelling and in-line with both Marvel canon and the tiering system, as I understand them. Frankly, I also think there are some entities who could be ranked even higher, but that is a different argument that I would need to look into it more thoroughly before making any definitive statement to such a drastic effect.

Transfinite is just another way of saying "beyond finite," and it doesn't even have to be literal. In a vacuum it's a meaningless term. Of course if something pertains to transfinite numbers (a very specific concept) that's one thing, but the word transfinite in itself should be taken with a grain of salt.

Another issue I've noticed in this thread is that vague terms like "infinite dimensions," "higher reality," etc. are interpreted to have very specific meanings without any in-comic explanations to justify those meanings. Keep in mind that different authors mean different things when they bring up these terms, so reasonably the terms should have to be explained in the same series.

Which brings me to the question. Is the point to elevate Marvel as high as we possibly can with the evidence avalible to us (and ignore as much of the evidence that contradict our theories as we can get away with) or is it to place Marvel at what's consistently depicted? If a comic comes out tomorrow where Galactus goes all out, should I be able to predict the results with the information avalible on this Wikia? Because you can't have both.

Explanations are all we have given throughout this thread. If you are going to pretend there are none, you can go ahead, but it doesn't really change what has been previously shown.

I didn't say that there weren't explanations, I'm just pointing out that some of them are weak (in the sense that it's very reliant on specific interpretation of vague terms as opposed detailed exposition).

I understood that you wouldn't like what I had to say, and I wouldn't have an issue if you choose to not to respond to my reply, but deleting my comment (in which I didn't insult anyone or break any rules) and then telling me:

Rererevvv

Is not only disrespectful (because I spent a good amount of time reading through this thread and writing that reply) but it shows that you're unwilling to let counter-arguments be voiced (regular posters can't just delete posts they disagree with).

Let's not derail the thread with petty insults shall we?, also pretty sure that's defamation Sorari!. Knowledgeable members of Marvel comics have already agreed with the OP as well as staff, shouldn't this thread be concluded?.

(The longer a thread continues the more likely it'll become toxic, end up in circular arguments, derailment etc).

I'm not being nice, I'm being formal. Because if I'm not, he could find my tone offensive and purpose a ban.

But are you saying is that it's not only okay for a moderator to delete comments that he doesn't like (regardless of whether or not they break the rules) but that those who oppose the moderators for doing so have a persecution complex?

You have to understand that this is backwards. A forum can't claim to be unbiased and neutral if certain arguments are removed.

Your false attempt to portray me as a tyrant makes me think you are some sort of troll, honestly. You would have obviously noticed the fact that I had deleted Malomteks comment instead of yours and edit that part out had it been an honest mistake, yet you still carried on with that calunious lie.

OK someone close this and make a new thread everything is done, the upgrades are accepted and now people are obviously coming here to cause some problems.

Let's just close it or make it staff only since now staff are going to carry out the upgrade, there's nothing further to discuss here.

I suppose that this seems to have been accepted then.

For the record, I would also have much preferred more coherent and explicit information to draw upon, but it seems that is not going to happen.

I also think that Sorari likely misunderstood, as he doesn't seem malicious. Maybe he wrote a long post and the ongoing Fandom glitch ate it?

On a side shouldn't Rune king thor be affected it he does have the feats for it and he's astronomically stronger than Odin, him being just 2-C just like Odin is really a big downplay with especially the feats he does in ragnarok.

Also yeah Fandom glitch is super annoying anyway to fix it?

Not anything that I know of or can do something about. Sorry.

Antvasima said:
Not anything that I know of or can do something about. Sorry.
It's okay at least it's not a major issue and it dosent happen often, almost rarely.

But I think people should get the habit of saving their long post somewhere else in case it might get glitch out of existence lol.

Yes, everyone should try to remember to save their long texts before posting them.

Have you added all of the relevant explanation scans linked to in this thread?

For the record, I would also have much preferred more coherent and explicit information to draw upon, but it seems that is not going to happen.

Same here, but I suppose it's fine for now.

(By the way, no matter how one interprets it, the Eighth Multiverse's Eternity feat of being utterly unaffected by the hypothetical destruction of every concept in the Multiverse is at the very, very, very least Low 1-A. That much should be agreed on by everyone in here)

@Sera

Thank you. Feel free to start a revision thread at some point if you find the time and energy for it. You can inform me afterwards.

@Kepekley

I suppose so, yes.

If you ever make a revision thread against this, let me know too, maybe via Discord, so I can respond.

I mean, even Al Ewing confirm the far shore is part of eternity. So, eight eternity should be at least Low-1-A, possibly 1-A. everyone know what the far shore is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back