• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - 5-B Scaling Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Iron Man is not consistently supposed to be in the Blue Marvel's tier as far as I am aware, but rather be considerably weaker.
If it causes scaling issues, then Extremis scaling to BM and Carol can be discarded, but it should definitely be High 6-C.

Yes, but I do not think that Iron Man is supposed to be as high as tier 5-B with his usual armors.

High 6-A as a minimum, but I think that he should scale to King Hyperion, who fought the Squadron Supreme incarnation of Hyperion and another version at the same time, so that would warrant 5-B instead, which also fits better thematically.

Wait a minute, if Carol gets upgraded… we can’t really use High 6-C anymore, since that calc comes from her.

I am not so sure that regular Carol should be upgraded beyond High 6-C other than in her Binary state.

And Iron Man is not consistently supposed to be in the Blue Marvel's tier as far as I am aware, but rather be considerably weaker
Is he?

The only time I remember that was when Tony has the endo sym armor, but that armor is variable in AP, and in it's "normal" state, it's best feats comprise of taking out a bunch of Tony's much older 7-B armors. I'm talking like pre extremis.

Well, does Iron Man really routinely slug it out with Blue Marvel-level beings?

Just a few notes:

King Hyperion fought with two other versions of Hyperion in the Exiles comic book, one of them the Squadron Supreme version, so he, Anti-Man, and the Blue Marvel should scale to that by scaling and overall context.

Also, Sersi is not very physically powerful at all compared to Gilgamesh, but is extremely versatile and dangerous due to all of her hax.
Isn’t Blue Marvel gonna be High 6-A, not 5-B?
High 6-A as a minimum, but I think that he should scale to King Hyperion, who fought the Squadron Supreme incarnation of Hyperion and another version at the same time, so that would warrant 5-B instead, which also fits better thematically.
Anyway, I would appreciate feedback about this.

@Confluctor

If we do upgrade the other two Hypes, that would move up Wonder Man and everyone scaling to him to blue marvel tier. But yes, they will be high 6a or whatever. 5B is only for eternals.

Oh wait a minute, Gilgamesh file is deleted. So no scaling can be done. Eternals and others have to stick to BM somehow.

Hyperion 712 > Controlled Ikaris (from Quasar run). So, they probably need to all stay in the same tier actually.

Now that arises other issues... Is it wise to scale literally everyone from one statement? That just seems flimsy.

If we do upgrade the other two Hypes, that would move up Wonder Man and everyone scaling to him to blue marvel tier. But yes, they will be high 6a or whatever. 5B is only for eternals.
I do not think that Ikaris is officially supposed to be more powerful than The Blue Marvel and Hyperion, and would prefer if we do not insert too many confusing sub-levels for the Marvel characters.
Oh wait a minute, Gilgamesh file is deleted. So no scaling can be done. Eternals and others have to stick to BM somehow.
Well, you can either just mention the feat in another profile page or ask for help with recreating Gilgamesh's profile page instead.
Hyperion 712 > Controlled Ikaris (from Quasar run). So, they probably need to all stay in the same tier actually.
Yes, agreed.
Now that arises other issues... Is it wise to scale literally everyone from one statement? That just seems flimsy.
That is a good point. We could use Gilgamesh's 5-B feat instead, and use The Watcher's High 6-A claim as supporting evidence for The Blue Marvel alone, if you wish.

do not think that Ikaris is officially supposed to be more powerful than The Blue Marvel and Hyperion,
That's what I have been saying since day 1. Just leave them where they are
and would prefer if we do not insert too many confusing sub-levels for the Marvel characters
Uh, no. It's better to be accurate and have multiple sub tiers than have virtually everyone scaling to the same value - which, for the record, is extremely wrong and inaccurate.

And what is our aim again? Not to confuse people or accuracy? I am getting lost on the messaging sometimes here

That's what I have been saying since day 1. Just leave them where they are
And where are they currently? High 6-C? I think that 5-B seems more reliable.
Uh, no. It's better to be accurate and have multiple sub tiers than have virtually everyone scaling to the same value - which, for the record, is extremely wrong and inaccurate.

And what is our aim again? Not to confuse people or accuracy? I am getting lost on the messaging sometimes here
Accuracy is obviously much better, but given that these characters are usually presented as roughly comparable, it turns hard to separate them into several tiers without turning the scaling into an even more confusing and contradictory mess than currently.
I’d like to note that we also have Grey Hulk’s 5-B feat, which, contrary to what his page says, he performed pretty casually and not angry in the slightest.
Yes, that combined with the Gilgamesh feat seems reasonable to scale from. What do the rest of you think about giving the Hulk a varies between 5-B and 3-C tier, rather than varies between High 6-C and 3-C?

Accuracy is obviously much better, but given that these characters are usually presented as roughly comparable, it turns hard to separate them into several tiers without turning the scaling into an even more confusing and contradictory mess than currently
I mean we are continuosly trying to account for every feat of theirs possible and find a middle ground for them. It's not a mess, it's a solution.

Okay. So do you think that we should make some of them High 6-A and other 5-B then? Or do you want to keep them all at High 6-C?

I personally prefer to keep consistently comparable characters at a comparable level though.

Two options. Option 1; keep everyone where they are. I would rather not have a huge chunk of characters scaling to a statement.*

Option 2: create three scaling chains for the current high 6cs. Some stays here, some gets upgraded to high 6a and some to 5b.**

*Gilgamesh's feat is a statement too, isn't it?

**Agnna has issues with current high 6cs and he thinks the calcs will be tier 7 only.

I forgot to mention this feat that could be Low 5-B: The Thing resisted an attack capable of splitting a planet in two.

Two options. Option 1; keep everyone where they are. I would rather not have a huge chunk of characters scaling to a statement.*

Option 2: create three scaling chains for the current high 6cs. Some stays here, some gets upgraded to high 6a and some to 5b.**

*Gilgamesh's feat is a statement too, isn't it?

**Agnna has issues with current high 6cs and he thinks the calcs will be tier 7 only.
Well, tier 5-B would have both the Gilgamesh statement, the Thing feat, and a calm grey Hulk destroying an asteroid twice the size of the Earth as a basis. Would that be sufficient? High 6-A seems less warranted in comparison.

Well, tier 5-B would have both the Gilgamesh statement, the Thing feat, and a calm grey Hulk destroying an asteroid twice the size of the Earth as a basis. Would that be sufficient? High 6-A seems less warranted in comparison.
Definitely better than basing it off statement.

Also, does anyone know why we initially stopped using Grey Hulk's 5B feat?

Yes, agreed, although did he have the Power Gem at that point?

Does Monica's 5-B feat count for anything, or is she not connected to this scaling chain?
What's her feat again?

Also she had a star level feat in this one avengers book. Where she extinguished a star in the dark dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back