• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics - 5-B Scaling Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Blue Marvel was stated to be able to split the Earth's moon in half with a punch, which is a High 6-A feat.

Ok, so the discussion is now between High 6-A and 5-B? Or is it that some people might get High 6-A while others get 5-B?

However, a calc Grey Hulk is supposed to be weaker than most characters that we currently rate as High 6-C, so on second though we should probably leave his current tiering alone.

Why would we leave his current tiering alone when we’ve already established that it’s inaccurate?

Because the Grey Hulk was never portrayed at anywhere near that scale of power on any other occasion regardless of rage, and every single High 6-C character would have to scale to him, given how weak he was usually portrayed in comparison to them.

But there is also the Gilgamesh feat, the Champion statement, the Thing feat, and the Iron Man feat. Its not like Grey Hulk would be the only one pushing High 6-C to 5-B.

Well, I would personally prefer if we only move the strongest High 6-C characters to 5-B, but I would appreciate well-considered plans of approach from @Confluctor and other knowledgeable members here.

Well, I would personally prefer if we only move the strongest High 6-C characters to 5-B, but I would appreciate well-considered plans of approach from @Confluctor and other knowledgeable members here.
The issue is, it's virtually impossible to actually break them apart.

Honestly two tiers for each one might be the way forward but that's too complicated too, especially since most don't have a power mechanism.

Hyperion 616 also has this statement.

Btw, Ant, can you ask Agnna what his issues with high 6c marvel calcs are? And if he has alternative values in mind for it? If so, I honestly wouldn't mind continuing to scale it to them - whatever the value might be. Taking wide areas and tons and tons of mountain busting statements, idk maybe tier 6 is where they belong ¯\(ツ)

Also, carol has legitimate 3c scaling - wayyyy too many of them and should probably get upgraded sometime , so that's another issue. Even if she has two tiers in each key, could work, but still, causes issues nonetheless

Because the Grey Hulk was never portrayed at anywhere near that scale of power on any other occasion regardless of rage, and every single High 6-C character would have to scale to him, given how weak he was usually portrayed in comparison to them.
Our High 6-C scaling comes from Carol Danvers, a character that already stomped Grey Hulk, leaving him at High 6-C is not an option.

Well, Carol did have the upper hand in a fight against the Grey Hulk, but he did endure several of her blows, and she was outmatched by the classic Green Hulk in the same comic book issue.

It should be mentioned, Carol has gotten far far far stronger than what she was capable of doing during the 70s and 80s.

I wish we had era keys for all characters. Would make things so much easier

Btw, Ant, can you ask Agnna what his issues with high 6c marvel calcs are? And if he has alternative values in mind for it? If so, I honestly wouldn't mind continuing to scale it to them - whatever the value might be. Taking wide areas and tons and tons of mountain busting statements, idk maybe tier 6 is where they belong ¯\(ツ)
@Agnaa

We would greatly appreciate if you explain yourself here please.
Also, carol has legitimate 3c scaling - wayyyy too many of them and should probably get upgraded sometime , so that's another issue. Even if she has two tiers in each key, could work, but still, causes issues nonetheless
Well, her own Binary feats are far far lower than 3-C. In fact he most impressive feat that I know of in which she cleansed a star of an infection was done very gradually and did not cover the entire star, so it was probably around High 5-A in scale.

It should be mentioned, Carol has gotten far far far stronger than what she was capable of doing during the 70s and 80s.

I wish we had era keys for all characters. Would make things so much easier
What do you have in mind exactly?

Well, her own Binary feats are far far lower than 3-C. In fact he most impressive feat that I know of in which she cleansed a star of an infection was done very gradually and did not cover the entire star, so it was probably around High 5-A in scale
The star feat is not ap applicable tho

Also, tons of characters have terrible own feats but amazing scaling. It's what it is.

The star feat is not ap applicable tho

Also, tons of characters have terrible own feats but amazing scaling. It's what it is.
But if we scale everybody to everybody based on who they have fought, we literally end up with J. Jonah Jameson scaling to the Living Tribunal, so feats tend to be much preferable, unless we can form a consistent pattern.

Well, Carol did have the upper hand in a fight against the Grey Hulk, but he did endure several of her blows, and she was outmatched by the classic Green Hulk in the same comic book issue.
He only took like three hits (Hulk Vol. 2 #8, January 2009) before being defeated.

Well, you mentioned era keys, which I personally wouldn't mind if they are handled well.
That is virtually impossible now tbh. Too many characters and scaling and not enough time/resources.

But if we scale everybody to everybody based on who they have fought, we literally end up with J. Jonah Jameson scaling to the Living Tribunal, so feats tend to be much preferable, unless we can form a consistent pattern.
Well, that's obviously illogical. But this scaling right now is more logical and backed by various things rather than just "he punched him once"

Yes, which means that he was not significantly damaged.
??? or it means that he’s significantly weaker than Carol…

I don’t see how this means we should leave Grey Hulk’s tier as is. If anything, scaling him to High 6-C because he took literally three hits and was clearly overpowered by Ms. Marvel is much less solid than scaling him to 5-B, considering that there’s at least two 5-B feats/statements, plus a supporting Low 5-B feat from Thing.

Well, High 6-C is a lot closer to the level he was usually portrayed at, whereas 5-B was far beyond it, so it does make sense to make that his peak.

But maybe "Varies, at least 5-B at his peak" would work better?

Last edited:
It clearly isn’t his peak though, he performed that feat pretty casually, which you agreed with earlier in the thread. And again, Gilgamesh has a 5-B statement, Thing has a Low 5-B statement, Hyperion has a 5-B statement and Confluctor mentioned that Thor has a casual 5-B statement.

That’s four 5-Bs and one Low 5-B from characters that roughly scale to Grey Hulk as opposed to one High 6-C feat from a character that’s clearly stronger than him and was going to be upgraded to High 6-A anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back