• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And once again, how do you know it's not even supersonic? If Mjolnir has a MHS speed and we consider the fact that it has to have a consistent speed in order to be able to return to Thor as quickly as possible then it is more likely that That is is consistent speed.

You're telling me...you brought up Mjolnir being crushed so I thought you were discussing about that. That why I said: ...This thread is for speed...not AP. What's the point in bringing up a feat that's already been calced, accepted and added in...

You were talking about Hela's swords and then suddenly brought up Thor's hammer, so how am I supposed to know what the flying duck you're talking about?

You literally said this first: i really doubt that.....none of hela's sword was supersonic and he still got tagged and they weren't very durable either.

"i know its not supersonic because there was no air displacement or sonic boom."

Fiction hardly follows that logic, though. I could probably list a dozen Supersonic to Relativistic feats that don't follow that logic. If it went MHS before, then it's probably going MHS now. You don't need to be calculated at MHS each time for it to be consistent.

I agree with Darkanine.

Drummerboi, your interference seems to prevent this thread from going anywhere. I would appreciate if you stop.

Yes you did...BEFORE you posted the video. If you do it before how the hell am I supposed to know that it's even related to what you're talking about now?

Sorry Ant.

Yes you posted that right after...but you posted a comment about he swords.

Here: i really doubt that.....none of hela's sword was supersonic and he still got tagged and they weren't very durable either.

Please stop derailing this thread with nonsense Drummerboi. It will go around in circles and not lead anywhere if you continue.

Drummerboi.x said:
except mjolnir, iron man and every other thing going supersonic in the MCU follow this logic
Yondu has a MHS+ feat in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and we see no Sonic Boom so your argument is invalid.

Why doesn't Thor's reaction scale to Mjolnir's travel speed when its been shown not to slow down when returning? I never understood the logic behind why that's dismissed.

Also, in Thor vs Malekith, he consistently reacted and blocked Malekith's blasts that broke the sound barrier multiple times.

The hammer may not have slowed when turning, but the MHS feat comes from it being portrayed to massively speed up upon Thor being portal'd into another planet.

Malekith breaking the sound barrier? Is this what you're talking about? Good catch with the sonic boom. I didn't notice that. That said, Thor reacted to a telegraphed supersonic attack. That's far below MHS.

Gemmysaur said:
The hammer may not have slowed when turning, but the MHS feat comes from it being portrayed to massively speed up upon Thor being portal'd into another planet.
Malekith breaking the sound barrier? Is this what you're talking about? Good catch with the sonic boom. I didn't notice that. That said, Thor reacted to a telegraphed supersonic attack. That's far below MHS.
Yeah, though it wasn't just that one, but evert blast he made, and lol, I'm chipping away at whatever speed feat Thor can get, we'll get to MHS soon, if not from Ragnarok, definitely, in IW. Until then, I'll take any increase.

Does anybody have a link to the calculation of Thor's hammer as Massively Hypersonic?

So if base Thor reacted to sonic booms, and base Hulk created a sonic boom, they and those who scale to them should be transonic.

Can you clarify how and when that happened?

AKM sama said:
Sonic booms are definitely created due to speed.
But I was always under the impression that Hulk's thunderclap produces shock wave instead of sonic boom, which should be an effect of AP as it's produced after Hulk strikes his hands together, not because he moves his hand really fast.
As I said, that was clearly a shock wave. The same kind of shock wave that was produced when Hulk's and Iron Man's punches collided in Age of Ultron

What do you think about all this Matthew?

As I said, that was clearly a shock wave. The same kind of shock wave that was produced when Hulk's and Iron Man's punches collided in Age of Ultron

What about Malekith's attacks? There's clearly a sonic boom.

...Are not Shockwaves and Sonic Booms both related to the same event? When air is propelled faster than sound travels in that medium?

A sonic boom is associated with shockwaves made by an object travelling above the speed of sound.

RageComment said:
...Are not Shockwaves and Sonic Booms both related to the same event? When air is propelled faster than sound travels in that medium?
Yes, but I was just pointing out that it was not because of his hands moving that fast so not related to combat speed. Although that would mean he would get it as attack speed as his thunderclap is that fast.

But to produce a shockwave, something needs to be moving faster than sound, to be able to displace the air and generate the pressurewave. Logically that something would have to be Hulk's hands, no?

Another speed feat I found was from AoU.

Thor when about to bust Sokovia moved so fast, the debris around him started moving in slow motion, even vision flew so fast when saving Wanda that the debris was in slow motion and even wanda was basically stationary when Vidion saved her.

Some people would try to say that is Natural, but that's not the case. That would only be the case if Sakovia didn't have blasters to propell it faster than Earth can pull it.

Not only that, but once the blasters started, Sakovia was being propelled to the ground at Re-Entry Speeds, if the small debris on it would be being pulled down 9.8m/s due to gravity, then the City would be falling hundreds of times faster if not thousands of times faster than the Debris, meaning the slow motion affect was due to Thor and Visions speed, not Naturally occurring.

I would say that's an error on part of the visual effects department but I'd like to see someone give it a shot.

I don't know. Matthew is the MCU expert. You should probably ask him to evaluate this.

Okay. Can you write up a good justification text that can be used for the profiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back