• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any way to know how far they were from the epicenter? Because that can significantly affect the results of the actual yield they tank.
I recomand for deadpool one use average room width or how is said then Assume the bomb was on the other side of the corner

I recomand for deadpool one use average room width or how is said then Assume the bomb was on the other side of the corner
I guess in Deadpool's case you can use the building length (Front) as the diameter of the boom and the building width (Side view, slightly difficult to notice unless you have good eyes) as the distance Deadpoolio was away from the explosion?

Deadpool's probably not gonna be used for scaling, comedy characters tend to have highly exaggerated feats irreplicable by most folks the same tier, and he ain't an exception. Dude still has some valid tier 7s iirc.

Iron Fist one looks promising though

Deadpool's probably not gonna be used for scaling, comedy characters tend to have highly exaggerated feats irreplicable by most folks the same tier, and he ain't an exception. Dude still has some valid tier 7s iirc.

Iron Fist one looks promising though
VALID TIER 7

SAY ******* WHAT

Are you sure those Tier 7 feats aren't just calculated incorrectly?

SAY ******* WHAT

Are you sure those Tier 7 feats aren't just calculated incorrectly?
I mean they can be, just that I find it doubtful the bajillion they found were all shit

Point is, comedy characters get gag feats, that shouldn't be treated as valid for scaling

Ok the Iron Fist one has weirdass issues
  • The dude he's fighting, Radion, claims he actually has the power in megatons
    • Radion also ends up fighting Thing (High 6-C) and Black Goliath (High 8-C+) in his next appearance, and even in this arc, tanks an Iron Fist like its nothing. This may actually be kind of outliery for Iron Fist to tank
  • Iron Fist takes this attack 3-ish times, and is inches away from death. It genuinely looks kinda PIS-ey he survives
  • Wiki actually already lists this feat, as "Energy Absorption". Admittedly I don't see where it's stated this WAS energy absorption, but still makes for something ig
You can check these very easily by going to the dude's Marvel Database page, appearances section.

Deadpool's probably not gonna be used for scaling, comedy characters tend to have highly exaggerated feats irreplicable by most folks the same tier, and he ain't an exception.
Pretty sure feats from comedy/parody characters are still applicable to other characters.

Like DC characters still scale to Lobo's feat of moving the Sun Eater, despire the latter be a parody character.

EDIT: It wasn't Sun Eater, but rather Pulsar Stargrave.

Last edited:
Pretty sure feats from comedy/parody characters are still applicable to other characters.

Like DC characters still scale to Lobo's feat of moving the Sun Ester, despire the latter be a parody character.
...difference is that DC still has many other feats at 4-B, and Lobo doesn't get ****** up by 9-B shit just as often.

Cases aren't comparable in the slightest, Lobo HAPPENS to have a 4-B feat, no one's exactly scaled to that alone.

...difference is that DC still has many other feats at 4-B, and Lobo doesn't get ****** up by 9-B shit just as often.

Cases aren't comparable in the slightest, Lobo HAPPENS to have a 4-B feat, no one's exactly scaled to that alone.
I am inclined to agree with Impress here.

I'd make a suggestion for Wolverine and co. to retain their 8-Cs off Cable, but Captain America tier should instead upscale from Winter Soldier's 0.08 tons calc (which is considerably stronger than the standard 9-A calcs of 0.008 tons), the AP gap between these tiers is short enough to accommodate them being this tier with little to no issues.
This idea doesn’t really make sense to me tbh. The difference between Cable and Bucky’s calcs is 4x, which is not a small gap by any means. Wouldn’t it make more sense to just downscale people like Cap to baseline 8-C?

This idea doesn’t really make sense to me tbh. The difference between Cable and Bucky’s calcs is 4x, which is not a small gap by any means. Wouldn’t it make more sense to just downscale people like Cap to baseline 8-C?
Cap would need to have two degrees of separation since Wolverine would be the one at baseline.

Like, it's really tough to claim "Captain America scales to Cable" when Cable has a feat listed of oneshotting Cap with a tackle.

Cap would need to have two degrees of separation since Wolverine would be the one at baseline.

Like, it's really tough to claim "Captain America scales to Cable" when Cable has a feat listed of oneshotting Cap with a tackle.
Why is Logan baseline…? Has Cable overpowered him or something? Either way, that should just knock Cap down to like “At most 8-C” or 9-A+, not 4x weaker.

Why is Logan baseline…? Has Cable overpowered him or something?
Oh multiple times, yeah. Like, Wolvie holds on but he's clearly the weaker one
Either way, that should just knock Cap down to like “At most 8-C” or 9-A+, not 4x weaker.
...No, Spider-Man can have better showcases against 4-Bs than what Captain America showed against Cable, we're not scaling the two.

Literally everyone purely 8-C currently, are Warpath and Sugar Man. Both characters NOTABLY STRONGER than everyone else, and both never having fought Cap and co.

In general do you recognise that since Cap upscales from Bucky it's 2x-ey? All of this is still notably higher than our standard assumption for oneshot, which is 7x.

...No, Spider-Man can have better showcases against 4-Bs than what Captain America showed against Cable, we're not scaling the two.
Zark, I’m talking about downscaling Cap from Logan, not downscaling him from getting one-shot by Cable.

9-A+ is only about 2x away from baseline where Logan is, which would be a lot more reasonable than the 3.2x difference of Bucky’s calc, so yeah.

...the extra 1.2 doesn't make anything but arbitrary difference, Tracer.

I'll say yes off of listing convenience, but this has to be one of the pettier arguments

Just to clarify, it is the vampire version of Jubilee that you think is stronger than Captain America, correct?

Also, Captain Mar-Vel was able to almost kill The Thing in single combat rather quickly. He was far stronger than Captain America.

The rest largely seems fine, but we need some sort of accepted calculation as a basis for 9-A+.

Just to clarify, it is the vampire version of Jubilee that you think is stronger than Captain America, correct?
Yes
Also, Captain Mar-Vel was able to almost kill The Thing in single combat rather quickly. He was far stronger than Captain America.
The Protector of the Universe Captain Marvel was, yeah. He goes through many successive upgrades, and the Powered by Zo key (which is the one scaled to Model 3), was basically featless save for the Iron Man fight.

The key that fought the Thing I believe, is listed Varies, High 6-C to 4-B
The rest largely seems fine, but we need some sort of accepted calculation as a basis for 9-A+.
We have Winter Soldier's calc, which is fairly close to 9-A+, and the downscale from 8-C.

Okay. Then it all seems fine to apply to me at least.

Aight bois, seems like I have outlived my usefulness here. I will now unsubscribe due to time constraints. Yeah yeah I'm being like Ant here so cut me some slack

Contact me if ya need me for anything else later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back