• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
So for context, Marvel's 8-C tier is supported by two calcs, the Cable one AND the US Agent one, latter being an explosion John Walker supposedly tanks, but the issue is.... there is no explosion.

This is the full page of the feat, for context:
RCO021.jpg

You can very blatantly see, the fuel truck's too intact for it to have survived an explosion, and the fuel is still present (Which is relevant as US Agent DOES blow it up afterwards, but he's such a far distance away it scales to fuckall). The "explosion" panel just looks like a funky effect they did to signify the truck crashing.

You can honestly read Captain America #347 and come to the same conclusion, it just doesn't make sense if the truck explodes then and there.

We DO have another 8-C feat, Cable's explosion tanking, but it is VERY close to baseline, and Cable is one of the strongest 8-Cs in terms of physicals.

We can try getting more calcs, that's the objective of this thread afterall, but in case we don't, I'd make a suggestion for Wolverine and co. to retain their 8-Cs off Cable, but Captain America tier should instead upscale from Winter Soldier's 0.08 tons calc (which is considerably stronger than the standard 9-A calcs of 0.008 tons), the AP gap between these tiers is short enough to accommodate them being this tier with little to no issues.

Keep in mind Cap IS one of the weaker 8-Cs in terms of physicals, he accommodates with skill, sure, but that's not indexable in tiering section, is it?

Last edited:
So if no other 8-C feat and the suggestion isn't accepted appears which street tier remains the same?

So if no other 8-C feat appears which street tier remains the same?
Not set in stone, I'll make a suggestion draft which'd be more considerate of their overall feats

Off the top of my head, Wolverine, Cable, Bishop, Sabretooth, Iron Fist, Shang-Chi, Nuke, Iron Man, Quicksilver, Angel and maybe US Agent will retain 8-C, while Captain America, Black Panther, Kingpin, Taskmaster, X-23 and Tigra are likely to get downgraded to Bucky's tier.

Keep in mind by wiki standard all of them can still harm each other, just that 8-C characters are typically shown to be stronger, gap between the two tiers is LESS THAN 4x

NGL I did find this feat a little bit wonky, I also find it hard to believe that this is the only feat Cap has to scale from. I suggest we look for more feats to calc from.

NGL I did find this feat a little bit wonky, I also find it hard to believe that this is the only feat Cap has to scale from. I suggest we look for more feats to calc from.
We had 3 sets of feats at 8-C, Cable's feat, US Agent's feat and Iron Man (Model 2)'s feats

You can try looking, back in the day though these were the only feats we found.

I'll keep the thread up for a month before beginning my downgrade proposal, to suggest alternative feats for scaling. That is sufficient time, and for the love of God don't act afterwards that it was somehow my fault that you missed the memo.

My downgrade proposals are done, for the record. Bit wonky though, so we'll probably have a long ass discussion regarding it.

Not posting it for now, to not disturb the calc collection

Last edited:
Okay, so what is left to do here currently?

I'm giving a month for folks to collect feats for Captain America tier to retain their ratings, since last time people complained that somehow there wasn't ample time for them to notice the thread

Thank you for helping out. Respect threads with issue references included might be best to use.

building gpe x cap surface area : building floor area should work for calcing it, personally i'd expect 9-B but i might always be wrong

(there's also the fact that even with that formula idk if it'd scale to him, people have survived building collapses irl)

(there's also the fact that even with that formula idk if it'd scale to him, people have survived building collapses irl)
Yeah this was also a factor, it's a kinda uncalcable feat as it doesn't consider any "triangles of life" forming and instead assume the entire building evenly plopped onto Cap, which can't exactly happen.

This is the kinda stuff I feel you'd need computer simulation to properly gauge IRL, lol

I really not that much familiar when it come to Marvel street level characters, aside for what our current profiles currently say.

I could take a look around the internet for possible Tier 8 feats and leave it to you people if they looks legit, aside that i don't see how much help i can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back