• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Martial Artists Fights, Round 1: 9-C (Takuya Yagami Vs Ip Man) (0 - 5)

AP - Ip man
Speed - equal
Dura - Ip man
LS - Ip man

Martial arts - Takuya
Techniques - Takuya
BIQ - Takuya
Agility - Takuya
Versatility - Takuya
Stamina - Takuya

That doesn't matter. Ip man isn't really going to just run in and tire himself out. Wing Chun isn't really about that.
What? He WILL have to fight. If not, Takuya will just socially influence him to grow arrogant and come at him, by making fun of him or something. Takuya is way more composed and has a higher emotional management.

Who should easily be above Manabu who is a 4th dan in Aikido and 5th Dan in Karate
Above his skill level at least. Though he might not know both Aikido and Karate. Judo and Boxing were stated to be used by Ichika, Yagami is superior to her and had the same training. Ichika was mentioned to be a genius in both of them either way.

What? He WILL have to fight. If not, Takuya will just socially influence him to grow arrogant and come at him, by making fun of him or something. Takuya is way more composed and has a higher emotional management.
Ip man starts of fights on the defensive, he learns about his opponent first. I also don't understand how Takuya is going to manage to tire out Ip man before Ip man knocks him out or lands several hits that tire him out to the level of Ip.

Ip man starts of fights on the defensive, he learns about his opponent first. I also don't understand how Takuya is going to manage to tire out Ip man before Ip man knocks him out or lands several hits that tire him out to the level of Ip.
Ip Man doesn't have that degree of resistance to social influencing, so I fail to understand why he wouldn't be socially influenced by Takuya. Takuya was trained to socially influence people for a great part of his life. He can even scan emotions and intent of a person.

Secondly, Takuya has superhuman stamina. Ichika has a good degree of superhuman stamina herself, as she could run and blitz in a state where walking was said to be impossible. Takuya outscales Ichika's stamina by a mile.

Ip Man doesn't have that degree of resistance to social influencing, so I fail to understand why he wouldn't be socially influenced by Takuya. Takuya was trained to socially influence people for a great part of his life. He can even scan emotions and intent of a person.
Sure. But how is Takuya going to be able to survive Ip mans extensive knowledge in martial arts.

Wing Chun > Boxing

Wing Chun > Judo

I am voting Ip Man tbh. The AP difference might have Takuya off-guard. Though I will say that Takuya should have higher AP than Ip Man if we see how badly he outscales the person who actually scales to his values. Also, Takuya doesn't scale to the 8.13976176 kJ durability, considering how it is only one of Ayanokouji's feats. Though Kouenji showed a good enough wall level durability feat just recently.

Voting Ip Man mainly cuz of the AP difference. Ip also outskills and outhaxes (his Enhanced Sense is OP) imo.

What stops Takuya from simply having Ip Man get exhausted and only play defensive?
He is not going to chase someone un-willing to fight. Instead he will just stand there and taunt Takuya.

Hell, Takuya won’t know how strong IP is until he gets close, if that happens IP just ***** em up and knock em out due to the INSANE skill gap here.

He is not going to chase someone un-willing to fight. Instead he will just stand there and taunt Takuya.
Ip Man doesn't do social influencing and he isn't a psychological manipulator. Takuya will taunt him better + Takuya has way higher emotional engagement, emotional management, emotional understanding, emotional perception and self management than Ip Man, I can give like a 100 feats for the stuff I mentioned before. Takuya isn't someone who gets unstable mental state unless it is Ayanokouji. Takuya can even scan mental states and tell if a person is lying and know their feelings unnaturally.

Back