• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marioverse Abilities Part 3

Here is my third installment of Marioverse abilities. Really, I'll just be covering abilities in this thread that weren't rejected by most people, because the thread seemed to only get closed because of being out of hand. So I'll readdress the abilities I'll repropose and then give further explanation for ones less obvious.

Resistance to Petrification for Mario. The only arguments made against this are that Mario got affected by it. He did. That's right. But he broke out of it. That warrants a slight resistance. That can be labeled as a slight resistance.

Paper Mario, Bowser, and Luigi should get Type 4 Immortality, because after helping out Jaydes in Super Paper Mario, she said she would tilt the scales in their favour if they ever got a game over. Paper Mario should get Sound Manipulation from the Attack FX Badges, One Hit Kill from Bump Attack, Spin Attack, and First Attack, Durability Negation from D-Down Jump, D-Down Pound, Resistance to Fire Manipulation from Fire Shield, Ice Manipulation from Ice Power and Ice Manipulation, Extrasensory Perception with Peekaboo, Electricity Manipulation from Zap Tap, and Resistance to Status Effect Inducement with Feeling Fine. Nobody rejected any of these abilities, they just weren't properly evaluated at all in the thread.

https://imgur.com/gallery/UvZ6Y

https://imgur.com/gallery/6eudo

• Power of music, blah blah
  • Chaos flooding the world
  • Toad confirms Chaos and Discord will destroy the land
  • Dancing causes magic
  • Dancing causes the boat to cross the river
  • Dancing causes everything to dance
  • Dancing causes miracles
  • Dancing can be used to fight
  • Dancing causes Koopas and other enemies to explode into music notes
  • During a dance-off, dancing can nullify the powers of the other dancers that are losing
  • Chaos of the Keys is causing a Twister
  • Dancing fixes a hotel
  • Keys are used to make a whirlpool
  • Dancing can pilot a ship underwater and in the air
  • Dancing can speed the user up
  • Dancing can make the Boos "warm up" to you
  • Dancing can warm the user up, create fire bubbles, and even quickly melt giant sentient ice beings
  • Dancing can causes even inanimate objects to dance
  • Dancing can be used to dodge
  • Dancing reflects the Bullet Bills
  • Dancing can build rockets that wield hammers
  • Keys can fix tone deafness
  • Mario's usage of the Keys causes happiness and the urge to dance within people
  • Music is within souls
Sound Manipulation - Music within their souls, and attacks turning Koopas into sound/music notes.

Mind Control - Waluigi was going to hypnotise people with his dancing.

Reality Warping - Basically everything caused by the dancing was Reality Warping. Toad also says that Mario can perform miracles by dancing.

Broadway Force - The dancing makes everything dance, even inanimate objects.

Chaos Manipulation - It is stated three different times that the Keys induce chaos/discord unto the land, which is induced by the same force that their dancing controls.

Heat Manipulation - Mario heats himself up when in the house, and also can melt giant freezies in very short amounts of time by dancing.

Fire Manipulation - Mario creates fireballs with his dancing. I know Mario already has this ability, but I'm saying the other four can use it, too. I don't think Waluigi or Wario have it on their pages.

Telekinesis - He sailed a ship through the air by dancing, caused an icy floating platform to float across a cavern, caused a regular boat to sail across a river by dancing, and made the Keys fly high into the sky at the end of the game.

Summoning - Summoned the rocket that smashed Bowser with a hammer by dancing.

Statistics Amplification - He sped himself up while chasing Wario through dancing.

Explosion Manipulation - Caused the Koopas to visually explode into music notes. Can cause other things to blow up by dancing the same way.

Power Nullification - The dance-offs essentially nullify the powers of the other dancer while consistently losing the battle.

Matter Manipulation - He changed the hotel from being a massive corkscrew to being back to it's regular sized self.

Size Manipulation - Shrunk the hotel, made the Mushroom grow really big out of the ground. I know Mario has this, but others should be able to do it, too.

Weather Manipulation - The weather catastrophes like Twisters and whirlpools and harsh snowstorms were caused by the Keys, which as stated earlier, these things can be done through dancing. Also could included individually Air Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, and Water Manipulation.

Empathic Manipulation - It was stated that the dancing could cause the Boos to warm up to you. It was stated that Mario used the keys to put happiness into everyone at the end.

Enhanced Senses - Bowser was going to use them to fix his tone deafness. How embarrassing.

Attack Reflection - It is shown and stated to be reflecting Bullet Bills.

Magic - Toad stated the techniques were magical.

Death Manipulation - Bowser's usage of the Keys made all plant life die around his castle.

Life Manipulation - Mario gave life to trees and plants and grass around Bowser's castle, undoing the effects of what Bowser did.

Plant Manipulation - Basically for the above.

Transmutation - Bowser turned the water around his castle into lava, and Mario changed it back to water.

Soul Manipulation - Music was put within all of the souls of everyone by the Keys. It was causing everyone to dance.

All by dancing.

This applies to Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, and Bowser.

THE POWER OF DANCING!

Hmm, thanks for calling me over. For the NSMB2, I mean... I can see your angle, and if I recall correctly, the Coin/Golden Box will outright nullify it from even making you stone, same with White Raccoon, I believe. The rest of them, however, are a bit weird, as he does get petrified, but it's only for a limited time. Technically, the Koopa Clown Car could only be capable of short-lived petrification, so we can't say for sure. I do own the Prima Guide (which is canon according to Mario wiki, and where the official names for several things in Mario are cited from) for NSMB2, so I could check, but... off the top of my head, I'd have to say we don't know enough about it for any forms that do fall victim to say so.

Queen Jaydes is a point I myself have brought up in the past, so I see no reason why I should disagree. Seems fine to me. As for all those moves... also seems fine!

The dancing seems fine for the most part but: is the screw-to-hotel not technically transmutation? What differentiates it from the water-to-lava feat, exactly? And Enhanced Senses = no, as he's just making his tone deafness into the norm. If he were to go beyond this, to have like some really great hearing abilities and whatnot, sure, but fixing tone deafness doesn't sound like enough to warrant enhanced senses to me. If you cured literally deafness, of blindness, say, the person would not suddenly have enhanced senses: they'd just be like those who can hear/see.

That's my take on it anyway. I'll come back with my finds from NSMB2 Prima Guide though.

EDIT: So... I checked the guide, and it mentions the flashes that induce this as a threat several times but only mentions the turning to stone once. It doesn't really imply anything to help with the cause, I guess, but doesn't imply nor mention any limit to the "fly carriage"'s stone powers, so... maybe

Flying carriage
citatio

I looked, and it says about wounds and diseases. Nothing about tone deafness (which would mean, even if such a feat was seen, it doesn't count as it isn't in the reason give). Tone deafness would be a disability if anything, and as far as I'm concerned, those don't even fall under non-communicable diseases. Sensitivity to tone doesn't affect health, either, nor is it a vital process, so those factors cannot count either.

Ant, i honestly don't want to sound rude or anything, but i don't even thin that that is a point.

DRB will just come and say "nope we already taled about this. Stop wanking the characters" without even reading the thread..

Again, i don't want to sound rude, but he gives me pretty much that impression.

DRB is the staff member most knowledgeable about Mario, and has taken part in plenty of discussions about the subject. Ryukama might also be able to help out, but you should definitely ask DRB as well.

Okay. You should inform both of them though.

These seem alright first glance, but I'd definitely require more input before adding them.

Does somebody else wish to inform Dino Ranger Black?

I believe I already discussed most of these abilities with the poster. The only ones that are legitimate or seemingly plausible is Resistance to Petrification from the NSMB2 and Reality Warping, Weather Manipulation, and Mind Control for the Musical Keys from DDR game. Others abilities are either taking a phrase or metaphor too literial in context or just simply not the ability implied at all.

I see. Well, should we add those abilities in the profiles then?

IIRC though, everyone should get those abiities, since everyone can dance and use the same powers Mario has/can perform.

I dunno about that, the cast is kinda limited, and then not everyone in it dances either. Mario and Luigi due to being playable showcase the ones related to the gameplay and stuff, and aren't really showcased by the likes of Waluigi, Bowser, etc. And Peach and Daisy don't even appear at all, so they can't really be given these fairly. So... I wouldn't give it to everyone, no. Only those we know it applies to.

I don't think most of the cast should get them, just Mario, Luigi, Waluigi, Wario, and Bowser, since they have demonstrated that they can dance efficiently to perform the techniques. Toad cannot do them, as he explains, because he isn't that good at dancing. Even if it were demonstrated that other characters can dance as good as these characters, they still wouldn't have knowledge of the Music Keys.

Would Waluigi, Wario, and Bowser have the same abilities as those seen only by the playable characters? For example, melting the freezies. I know it's related to dancing, but we didn't really ever see those three demonstrate such, you know?

The dancing is basically just reality warping, and the other abilities listed are specific applications of said reality warping that characters have performed. I think they all should be able to do all of the demonstrated abilities, since they have demonstrated that they can all warp the world around them by dancing good enough.

@DRB

Would you be willing to perform the accepted changes?

I will after the revision of another thread is concluded but only including the aforementioned abilities that are the most plausible.

Back