• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Vs. Luigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh.

Back to the main topic.

Mario and Luigi are almost equal in every way.

However, Luigi is faster and can jump higher, which gives him some advantage to keep distance and attack his ranged attacks.

Mario has Cappy, which allows him to posses Luigi, which can turn the tables in the fight.

So I say Mario wins high-difficulty.

• note that my vote doesn´t count as I´m the OP.

I think Luigi should win.

He's faster, more agile, and has access to most everything Mario has.

Cappy is a ridiculously straightforward offensive technique so a competent fighter like Luigi should be able to react in time and neutralize it with his Poltergust.

Maverick Zero X said:
I still Luigi should win.
He's faster, more agile, and has access to most everything Mario has.

Cappy is a ridiculously straightforward offensive technique so a competent fighter like Luigi should be able to react in time and neutralize it with his Poltergust.
Well, Mario still has better flight than Luigi (thanks to the wing cap), so he can still become even faster than Luigi with it.

I don't see how the Wing Cap is any better than things like the Cape Feather or Tanooki Suit, both of which Luigi has access to.

Actually Mario is faster. When I play as Mario and Luigi I always feel like Mario is faster. Also in the the rpgs going to the stats Mario has a higher speed stat at the beginning. I know you can't use stats but what else can we really use? Let's not forget Mario is much more experienced than Luigi.

Luigi is faster top speed wise but Mario has more acceleration; that's what the speed difference is. Though, realistically, jumping higher generally requires for leg strength and launch speed. Let's not forget other details; Luigi has lightning and fire as opposed to just fire and Luigi knows more about Mario than Mario does about Luigi. And if you're going to use RPG game mechanics, Luigi is more durable. Also, the creators have hinted than the lower attack power rating for Luigi is him being "Nicer" than Mario.

Since when did Luigi have fire power? And I'm talking about without the Fire Flower. The only thing Luigi really knows more is thathe he goes on adventures without him. I've seen Luigi get angry. Yet his attack power is still lower. I guess Luigi having better durability and Mario having superior strength cancels those out.

In SMB2 isn't Mario faster than Luigi there as well? I think it's canon that Mario is faster.

Mario is also the more serious fighter too. Luigi is more likely to be clumsy or hold back. Again, little advantages, but they add up.

I'll have a closer look at their power ups but I'm pretty sure Mario has more versatility there too

Mario has a lot of advantages over Luigi. Because Luigi isn't playable in Legend of the 7 Stars or most Paper Mario games he doesn't have as many abilities or resistances as Mario does, for example both have Transmutation and Time Manipulation however Mario resists both of those while Luigi doesn't.

I think Mario would win but Luigi certainly wouldn't make it easy.

Fire flower is generally game mechanics, and there are games where Luigi naturally uses green fireballs iirc. (Not Smash Bros since that's Non-canon, but I think I saw him do it in one of the RPGs or Sports). Luigi does get angry yes, but being angry doesn't mean they always go all out. SMB2 was just a dream; in the remakes of SMB 1, 3, and World, Luigi is faster in terms of top speed. Luigi's also got better speed in most sports games and faster top speed in the Galaxy games. Also, Mr. L is way more agile than Mario as seen in Super Paper Mario.

Luigi's always living in Mario's shadow, meaning Mario doesn't always pay attention to Luigi, where as Luigi often frequently looks up to Mario and actively tries to learn more about him.

Yeah Luigi can use green fireballs in Mario Hoops 3 on 3 and a few other games, but he needs to charge it first.

Luigi certainly has a stat advantage but Mario has an experience edge. Mario has fought foes stronger and faster than him before and Mario is smart enough to out-think a luigi who is constantly nervous and hesistant. Voting Mario

Bobsican said:
Mario can still reflect back the fireballs with his hammer.
And Luigi can't? Luigi has a hammer too, as is shown in the Mario & Luigi games, and it is just as versitile as Mario's is. Plus, don't forget that Luigi has Electricity Manipulation, which can't just simply be blocked by the hammer.

Honestly, for these reasons and the ones listed above, I'm giving this to Luigi with very high difficulty.

If only there's some sort of story on how the fight started like: "Luigi is tired being his brother shadows so he rebelled against him" or "Mario is in over his head, corrupted with fame and now its up to luigi to put some sense into his brother"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back