• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario vs Kirito

He's been surrounded by tendrills and not flipped, M8.

And "It wouldn't work in other games would be wierd" isn't valid, since other Paper Mario games exist.

The real cal howard said:
I never said he'll start by flipping into 2-D. I said that when he sees tendrils coming at him from all directions with no way out, he'll do what a sign that literally says "When it looks like there's no way forward, flip dimensions", he'll do that to avoid the attack instead of waiting for the sweet embrace of death.
Not to mention Kirito's getting away with it when he has one major instance that's brought up for freezing, as opposed the the years upon years and arcs upon arcs he has of swordfighting.
And he has done that when?

Kirito in Alicization (which is the one that we are using) once he obtained the Flash Freeze he used it in every intance he could, he has lead with it and spammed it to death.

Just saying, Mario has used flip in battles and is required. Such as one of the bosses that covered the entire stage, so he needed flip to avoid it. Though Cal and SB are getting off topic.

Also, I don't think Kirito having higher ap will negate the forcefield since it's not a giant gap. Even if Mario doesn't lead with a one-shot hax, he will most likely use them since Kirito will be a huge threat against him. Mario should be able to survive the start of battle due to reasons I've listed above.

Mario gets frozen before he can do jack all. He won't flip because he hasn't flipped his way out of traps outside of Super Paper Mario.

Can't if Mario has passive forcefields which will give him the perfect chance to use his hax transmuation,soul manipulation/sealing, time manipulation, BFR Etc

Is Mario's forcefield really passive? Nowhere in the article says that. It only says passive power nullification, which isn't even passive because he has to use the items.

The most probable Mario's leading move is launching fire balls, which won't save him from the freeze.

Tell me one time in which Mario led with transmuation,soul manipulation/sealing, time manipulation, BFR etc?

I don't think he has it with him all the time. I haven't seen a Mario game in which the first couple of hits he takes are automatically nulled.

@Kruull Thrull If you're referring to Mario losing a life when falling in a pit, that's a game mechanic.

Also, these are moves Mario will do. Regardless if he does them from the start or not. Can someone add this?

If he dosn't do then from the start, he loses, M8.

I'm taking this to the removal thread the second it gets added. I want Mario to win as much as everyone else, but if Mario dosn't lead with whatever, then he gets freeze GG'd.

Except his damage nullification will literally nullify it. The moment he becomes a huge threat, I see no reason why Mario can't go for the kill.

Ionliosite said:
Apparently that power null was in like two games, why it applies here?
Because it's still overall an item that Mario can use. Mario has used Cappy once, yet several people use it as an argument in other threads. It being in two games does not matter.

Back