• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario vs Kirito

Most of which are disproven by those reasonings either having

A: Mario leading with an incredibly OOC ability

B: Mario using optional equiptment

1. False. Excluding Optional Equiptment, everything that it's been said Mario uses to win has only been used in one or two games.

2. That's stupid. Optional Equiptment dosn't need to be listed under Optional Equiptment, it just needs to not be listed under standard. Are you telling me Mario was carrying around the infinite auto-revive gloves during Super Paper Mario, or that he was carrying around a Tennis Racket in Super Mario RPG?

1. Saying something's false doesn't automatically make it false.

2. If stuff like F.L.U.D.D is listed under standard equipment, then things like Cappy should be there by default. Also make notice of this: Various power-ups and items.

1. I added explanation

2. Well it shouldn't be there. Plain and simple. Mario's profile just hasn't had Optional Equiptment intigrated yet.

Also, even if Mario had half of the stuff dosn't have or used half of this stuff in character, I'm pretty sure Kirito outranges him with GG Freeze (Unfortunately).

You can't use a glove that automatically feeds you mushrooms if it's been shattered into dust, along with the rest of your body.

From what I've read, the "GG Freeze" attack only traps the opponents, and doesn't kill. Mario can also avoid the attack by going into the 2nd dimension.

Heavily out of character. He only used it for one game, and even then he used it sparingly. For example, he didn't use it to escape Dimentio's trap.

The same Dimentio who can do the same thing? Also he uses that ability sparingly my ass. You press the A button in that game as often as you press jump.

He used it in one game (Super Paper Mario) and he only used it sparingly (Not escaping Dimentio's trap)

Is that better, your Majesty?

Dimentio can also flip, so i doubt the box doesn't cover that.

Besides, Mario uses that ability through the entire game, multiple times. Saying he doesn't use it a lot because he didn't use it one time is just wrong.

That was supporting evidence. You know what's better evidence?

Mario only uses it in one out of well over a hundred games.

tbh i still disagree with Paper Mario and Mario being the same character who share the same things, but that's a can of worms i'd rather not open.

I'm not voting btw, i'll just stay neutral.

I also agree with that. Characters who appeared in Paper Mario first appearing in regular Mario is not evidence, nor is a cameo on Rainbow Road

Yeah he also didn't try to break out physically. In related news, Krillin didn't use Solar Flare with the Kienzan, Sonic didn't stop time against Infinite, Zelda didn't try to seal Zant, and Madara didn't precog Black Zetsu.

But sure, let's go with the notion that Mario will try to jump on Kirito in this fight to the death. Meanwhile Sonic solely spin dashes, Samus shoots basic shots, and Mega Man shoots lemons primarily.

Yeah.

And it's not in character for Krillin to do that, Sonic to stop time or Twilight Princess Zelda to seal.

Never heard of Mandara, tho.

Disagree Cal, Sonic just uses Chi Manipulation from that one game, and Megaman always uses Flash Stopper.

It's alright to admit most video game characters have random movesets based off of gameplay alone, its not okay to pick an ability from a game that is only used in that game and say its the standard.

That's why we use cutscenes and plot elements are for, they tell us what they use.

@SD. Aight, then remove most of Samus's wins because they're based on her using more than normal charged shots.

They aren't? Which thread did she win where Scan Visor / her arm cannon weren't first? Both are usually most consistently shown in cutscenes.

Anyway, that's not the point. I'm calling BS on you guys assuming Mario is some idiot who will go into a fight like this. No shit he's going to throw punches and kicks first. Not denying that. I'm just calling absolute bullshit on him only using stuff like that.

Of course he dosn't only use stuff like that. It's just it's all he'll use when it matters for him to use other things.

The beginning of the match

Not to mention it's still highly OOC.

Pre-cog... isn't choice based. Nigh ABZ is the arm cannon, its called the Ice Beam which stacks on her Power Beam (It's a 2-D Metroid thing), I don't think I've seen a thread where Time Slow isn't one of those "If that fails or with Scan Visor" things.

When did I say Mario would start off punching and kicking and only continue doing that?

"When did I say Mario would start off punching and kicking and only continue doing that?"

You didn't need to say it. I got the implications quite clearly.

"Then why act like you don't in the response?"

I didn't? She still needs to have it active on her arm as it can be toggled like most of her other stacks.

No offense, but if you're getting Mario only punches and kicks, from "Mario doesn't start off flipping into 2-D", then that's a bit of projection.

You said you played Fusion and Super right? In both games the beam stacks on once she has it, not sure where this toggling comes from.

@NotAMarioFan sorry, but I think the point got across, that the votes are based on innaccurate info.

I never said he'll start by flipping into 2-D. I said that when he sees tendrils coming at him from all directions with no way out, he'll do what a sign that literally says "When it looks like there's no way forward, flip dimensions", he'll do that to avoid the attack instead of waiting for the sweet embrace of death.

Not to mention Kirito's getting away with it when he has one major instance that's brought up for freezing, as opposed the the years upon years and arcs upon arcs he has of swordfighting.

If Mario is surrounded by tendrils, he'll try anything to get out.

Just because Mario used it in one game doesn't mean he won't use it when it's obvious that he needs to use it to survive.

Back