• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario vs Kirito

Problem is, Kirito will have to kill Mario several times since he has resurrection. And a passive shield. Mario however can just one-shot him with sealing or transmutation. Vanish cap and metal cap can allow him to just yeet through his attacks. Time Stop and Zone Speed will also allow Mario to have the upper hand in attacking first. Voting Mario.

I saw the word "Ressurection" on a Mario thread and you know I just couldn't miss that.

Mario can only ressurect 3 times in SBA, since at the beginning of most Mario games he only has three extra lives. Anything more would technically fall under optional equiptment. This means Kirito only has to kill Mario four times. Still more then enough to give Mario the win IMO (Yes that's a vote for Mario), but not as much as Cal or DOW would imply.

While Bottomless Glove would give Mario limitless ressurections, that's optional equiptment since it's only in two games.

Mario's biggest weakness on this website is that 90% of his good stuff he either

A: Only used once and never again and as such would pratically never use in character

or

B: Is optional equiptment

I would like to discuss the whole "Mario never uses this ability again" argument. What should be noted is that Mario games involve gimmicks. Often, a Mario game will have a little gimmick and makes you use that gimmick for most of the game. For example, if Mario gets Cappy or F.L.U.D.D. then he uses those through the game. It really just depends what game Mario is. I mean, it wouldn't make sense for him to have this crazy ability that he never loses, only for him to just not use it anymore. Again, it all just depands on the game. Mario is similar to a silent protagonist who usually involves the player to choose what they do.

I more mean stuff like Mario's EE and Time Slow.

Player Controlled or not, the fact that most of these items and abilities arn't even options to use, nor does Mario use them in cutscenes, shows that it's very much out of character for him to use them.

By the way, shouldn't stuff like Mario's Zeekeeper Summoning, Passive Ressurection, Damage Nullification, Posession etc... go into a "With Optional Equiptment" tab on Mario's Powers and Abilities since he only has a lot of the items that give him those abilities with Optional Equiptment?

Okay, question for everyone who voted Mario:

What's Mario's first go-to ability? That will decide everything here. If he doesn't start with his best hax right off the bat, Kirito just freezes and it's done. Like Ion said above, Kirito's go-to first is flash freeze.

Not voting by the way, just observing.

Xmark12 said:
Okay, question for everyone who voted Mario:
What's Mario's first go-to ability? That will decide everything here. If he doesn't start with his best hax right off the bat, Kirito just freezes and it's done. Like Ion said above, Kirito's go-to first is flash freeze.

Not voting by the way, just observing.
Like I said, Mario's first move is whatever the main game gimmick is.

Optional Equiptment isn't allowed so Cappy's a no-go. Mario generally leads with physical combat or trying to take advantage of his surroundings, to my knowledge. In Platformers and RPGs, Mario's go-to is the Jump. Is it possible to dodge the freeze? Mario is extremely skilled at dodging (Just look at any of the RPG final bosses).

I'm pretty sure all of Mario's votes are being contested right now, so those may come into question...

Also freeze is undodgeable considering it:

A: Has no vectors

B: Appears instantly

Hence "flash freeze".

How long will it take for Mario to get out? Doesn't Kirito have the AP advantage?

Even in that small time-frame, it's still in-character to immediately go for a life-sap after flash freeze and put Mario to sleep. Those have also been shown to be pretty quick.

And of course that doesn't account for all of the other things Kirito can do in the time period Mario's inside of the ice... including just flash freezing him again.

I'm pretty sure that's enough of an AP advantage to get off life-sap/put Mario to sleep. That, or all of the other things he could do in-character such as transmutation, spawning blades into him, setting up passive barriers, using NSS RR to grow stronger during that short period, etc., etc..

Also the catch catch card has seal/soul_manipulation which ignores durability I remember someone noted on how it works but its pretty powerful but not stupid OP I think it was @marionaruto1

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Also the catch catch card has seal/soul_manipulation which ignores durability I remember someone noted on how it works but its pretty powerful but not stupid OP
Does he start off with it?

Also might get off soon, but I'm just going to go Kirito FRA for now until more clarification is given on what Mario can do against flash freeze + all the other stuff while he's frozen.

@Xmark Intangibility (vanish cap, repel gel etc.) Probability manipulation (repel cape, close call etc. And at max luck can increase his chances of missing much than before)

Mario shouldn't be capable of breaking out of the ice because:

A. Kirito has the AP advantage.

B. Mario haven't break out from something so cold as Kirito's ice from what I'm concerned.

I'm not sure how we can compare Kirito's to Mario's, since we've seen Mario literally be frozen into an entire block of ice and keep breaks out of it almost instantly.

NotAMarioFan(lol) said:
Intangibility (vanish cap, repel gel etc.) Probability manipulation (repel cape, close call etc. And at max luck can increase his chances of missing much than before)
Kirito can freeze Intangibles. Good luck reducing the probability of hitting from an AoE.

How cold something is doesn't matter too much until it becomes ABZ so long as you have the power and means to break out.

Wait, Kirito's freeze doesn't seem to be Absolute Zero. If target can survive and/or resist Absolute Zero, the "freeze GG" is useless even if spammed like a mofo.

Then Kirito freezes, he has frozen people with the exact same resistance.

But, yes, if you have resistance to Absolute Zero you can survive the freeze,

Back