• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
not really, he would need to know about something to null it, which is impossible when it goes back in time, how would he null it?
He has Acausulaity, so he wouldn't forget fighting her.

they are conscious even after death, that is how they load back, so i don't see why wouldn't they be conscious after the transmutation
Those are two very different things. One involves dying and being transported to some unknown location where they can respawn, and the other involves just turning them into something and not dying.

He has Acausulaity, so he wouldn't forget fighting her.
okay, how does the powernull works?
Those are two very different things. One involves dying and being transported to some unknown location where they can respawn, and the other involves just turning them into something and not dying.
they are concious to reload after their soul is destroyed, does the transmutation affects the soul? because if not chara just reloads

If you got turned into solid metal via transmutation there's no real assumption to just say your automatically dead or your soul gets destroyed unless it's stated or show to have to those types aspects to declare you dead in that aspect.
Otherwise I'm voting mario

okay, how does the powernull works?
He has 4 different ways of powernull, so it depends.
He also has this through catch cards
He has 4 different versions of his own Time Manipulation
There's a lot more, but these are some of the main ones

Would EE work on Chara? Because he has a lot of EE options.

I think we should wait for UT supporters before voting and the debate is still on going so just count it 0-0-0 maybe?

Not even including Supernatural Luck and passive Damage Nullification
dd10bc691cc43f867b225620846d84d4.jpg

y'know by 'all equipment' I thought it meant he just has his standard set, not the optional equipment and artifacts other than pure hearts also, haha

either way, this makes for a much more tougher matchup than previously expected.

the power nullification for mario has only been shown to nullify invulnerability it seems, so im not sure if it could a universally nullify any ability, especially something like the SAVE system. Catch Cards probably wouldn't do much, Chara's immune to SOUL manipulation and if they are sealed they could just load back to a certain SAVE point.

The AE1 for chara is a point of interest as well, even if it is under a 'possibly' it still should be acknowledged as an ability in chara's moveset, Chara quite literally became the feeling of the players statistics increasing, mario would have to somehow interact with the abstraction itself to effect chara, somehow.

so, If mario is truly unable to interact with AE1 than chara I feel still gets a win here, and even then, I dont think he could still counter the SAVE system in any effective way as I mentioned in my previous points above.

He has 4 different ways of powernull, so it depends.
okay, but how does he do that? what motion?

He also has this through catch cards
trapping sealing the soul would not work, chara would just load

He has 4 different versions of his own Time Manipulation
i don't see how any of those would help, if he does anything to chara, they just reload

Would EE work on Chara? Because he has a lot of EE options.
does it work on abstracts type 1?

y'know by 'all equipment' I thought it meant he just has his standard set, not the optional equipment and artifacts other than pure hearts also, haha

either way, this makes for a much more tougher matchup than previously expected.

the power nullification for mario has only been shown to nullify invulnerability it seems, so im not sure if it could a universally nullify any ability, especially something like the SAVE system. Catch Cards probably wouldn't do much, Chara's immune to SOUL manipulation and if they are sealed they could just load back to a certain SAVE point.

The AE1 for chara is a point of interest as well, even if it is under a 'possibly' it still should be acknowledged as an ability in chara's moveset, Chara quite literally became the feeling of the players statistics increasing, mario would have to somehow interact with the abstraction itself to effect chara, somehow.

so, If mario is truly unable to interact with AE1 than chara I feel still gets a win here, and even then, I dont think he could still counter the SAVE system in any effective way as I mentioned in my previous points above.
Aye, to expand on this, what does mario usually lead with in a fight?

Last edited:
Weaknesses: Chara needs someone with strong enough Determination and capacity for violence to manifest and needed to possess a host to interact with the universe before they had reached a sufficiently great level of power.

Chara's AE 1 isn't really combat applicable if they're body is incaped outside of anything that isn't straight up death.

Weaknesses: Chara needs someone with strong enough Determination and capacity for violence to manifest and needed to possess a host to interact with the universe before they had reached a sufficiently great level of power.

Chara's AE 1 isn't really combat applicable if they're body is incaped outside of anything that isn't straight up death.
Weaknesses: Chara needs someone with strong enough Determination and capacity for violence to manifest and needed to possess a host to interact with the universe BEFORE they had reached a sufficiently great level of power.

the power nullification for mario has only been shown to nullify invulnerability it seems, so im not sure if it could a universally nullify any ability, especially something like the SAVE system.
Unless the Power Null has shown to only be able to work on invincibility, then we assume that it works on every ability up to its tier.
Catch Cards probably wouldn't do much, Chara's immune to SOUL manipulation and if they are sealed they could just load back to a certain SAVE point.
Transmutation + BFR would work.

I feel like the SAVE/LOAD system is really ill defined. On the page, it's legit just Time Manip, and that's it.

no save and load takes care of it
Okay, how does it work exactly? Does it work exclusively on death, or can they just save and load as they please? Because I don't remember being able to do that unless you include the IRL player quitting and opening the game as we please.

Okay, how does it work exactly? Does it work exclusively on death, or can they just save and load as they please? Because I don't remember being able to do that unless you include the IRL player quitting and opening the game as we please.
They should be able to save and load any time AND if they die. You can reset to yout save file

Photoshop Flowey can LOAD without dying, so yeah, don't need to die
I think Frisk's Notable Attacks/Techniques explains it pretty well, if you're curious

Unless the Power Null has shown to only be able to work on invincibility, then we assume that it works on every ability up to its tier.
ye but how does it work? he pulls and item and then what does he do do activate it? and also with the pure hearts, how does the passive work? you abilities get null by just standing next to mario?

Transmutation + BFR would work.
no, reload

I feel like the SAVE/LOAD system is really ill defined. On the page, it's legit just Time Manip, and that's it.
it is also resurrection

ye but how does it work? he pulls and item and then what does he do do activate it?
They just activate once he pulls them out
and also with the pure hearts, how does the passive work? you abilities get null by just standing next to mario?
Your abilities just get nulled automatically, I think
no, reload
Can't reload if they aren't even conscious
it is also resurrection
Powernull

Back