• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario CRT (Low 2-C Upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what you want. This whole conversation is dishonest.
oh god, here you go again with your conspiracy theories. You gonna pull the “tire the staff” card Again? Stop with the ad hominems, you’re more aggre then everyone here.
And again you like to pretend that there is a consensus with staff where there is none.
Theres only one staff here and he agrees with low 2-C.

Also, if it isn’t obvious, I whole heartily agree with Low 2-C

Bowser has no Low 2-C feats. The reactor harming him shows that him scaling to something that is not even confirmed to have hit him is absurd.
Him surviving the epicenter of the Explosion/Black Hole, and him not being instantly incinerated, but just stunned by Low 2-C heat. Those are two Low 2-C feats in base.

And I have yet to see you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Bowser only absorbed a tiny fraction of the Grand Star's power to the point he doesn't scale to it.

Him surviving the epicenter of the Explosion/Black Hole
wasn't epicenter and there's no evidence that he was hit. IT just says that he narrowly escaped same as the rest of the cast. To say that he was universal because he survived a blast that recreated the universe would imply everything in the marioverse is Low 2-C.

Issue with that is a reset would be destroying and the recreate what was just destroyed. Otherwise Rosalina wouldn't shield Mario and Peach if they would've lived just fine. I still need you to prove your claims, Matt.

this shows the universe being destroyed, Rosalina saving Mario and Peach, and then the universe is recreated and they're back on the Mushroom Kingdom. Unless you think Bowser's durability is infinitely higher than Mario it does not make sense for him to have "tanked" it.
Bowser is usually>>>Mario in durability

this shows the universe being destroyed, Rosalina saving Mario and Peach, and then the universe is recreated and they're back on the Mushroom Kingdom. Unless you think Bowser's durability is infinitely higher than Mario it does not make sense for him to have "tanked" it.
Which Bowser was there and survived, case and point. Nothing exactly pin points Mario would've died from it, I mean Bowser didn't so naturally Mario shouldn't. If anything, Rosalina did so because she was teaching Mario about the universe. Yet again, please provide proof of your previous claims, do not just suddenly shift the argument.

wasn't epicenter and there's no evidence that he was hit. IT just says that he narrowly escaped same as the rest of the cast. To say that he was universal because he survived a blast that recreated the universe would imply everything in the marioverse is Low 2-C.
False equivalence, difference between being there when the big bang happened and exists/created because the big bang happened

They would both have Low 2-C durability, with Bowser having higher durability than Mario.

Which Bowser was there and survived, case and point. Nothing exactly pin points Mario would've died from it, I mean Bowser didn't so naturally Mario shouldn't. If anything, Rosalina did so because she was teaching Mario about the universe. Yet again, please provide proof of your previous claims, do not just suddenly shift the argument.

It is proven in the argument. If Mario can be killed by Low 2-C and needed Rosalina to shield him from it even if he wasn't in the epicenter of the blast he's not Low 2-C in durability.
I mean, even if you're tier 2 you would rather not be hit by something, so just because he was shielded isn't automatically an anti feat in terms of context to begin with.

I mean, even if you're tier 2 you would rather not be hit by something, so just because he was shielded isn't automatically an anti feat in terms of context to begin with.
The Prima Guide says that Mario and Peach would have died had Rosalina not shielded them from the universe-ending blast.

The Prima Guide says that Mario and Peach would have died had Rosalina not shielded them from the universe-ending blast.
Where? It just says Mario and Peach escaped the destruction of the fabric of the universe from being shielded. Where did it state Mario would've been killed?

Anyways since the pages already list Grand Star users as Low 2-C, I feel like this shouldn't need to be a debate in the first place.

Also wouldn't the Super Paper Mario feat being pretty much the same feat mean that Mario can in-fact survive a Low 2-C destruction feat?

It is proven in the argument. If Mario can be killed by Low 2-C and needed Rosalina to shield him from it even if he wasn't in the epicenter of the blast he's not Low 2-C in durability.

This argument has been reused constantly by staff, but the problem still remains

Nothing implies Mario would die by the blast, and nothing implies that Rosalina needed to protect him.

This is sheer headcanon. You can protect a friend from being harmed, doesn't mean they would die if you didn't protect them. I don't care if it "sounds reasonable", a theory is simply a theory. You need WAY more evidence to suggest that Mario would indeed die from the blast if Rosalina didn't save him. It's crazy to me that this argument constantly pops up because "man, there's no way this fat plumber could survive this, no wonder why this giant space lady saved him from death" when there's just no evidence.

The fact that it wasn't a regular explosion is more evidence to the fact that he didn't tank it all and didn't survive normally.

Mario would be killed by it and he wasn't in the epicenter (Neither was Bowser). They needed to be shielded or else they would die, this is also factual. Again you show a lack of awareness of the game you're arguing for.
Pretty sure Bowser was at the epicentre... Rechecking the cutscene, the celestial body he's on that becomes the supernova/supermassive blackhole is a 1:1 to what he was standing on a few frames before...

As for the shielding, Rosalina does seem pretty hostile towards Bowser, he tends to get called a monster by the SMG cast, he stole all her stars and left her Comet Observatory to die, and separated Mario from his special one... She probably doesn't really want to protect him. But if we say she's an unbias protector of the cosmos and thought she might as well protect Bowser... I don't think she had the time. The explosion already happened on his face and we see she hasn't shielded Mario and Peach yet since they don't have forcefields around them at this point, so pretty sure he took the full force of it... But I'm less sure on this than Bowser being at the epicentre since the forcefield stuff has always been a little confusing.

I’m confused as to how this is an argument. Mario defeated Bowser while he was empowered by the Grand star (Which is already counted as Low 2-C), and could take hits from him. Why is it so far fetched that he wouldn‘t survive the blast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back