• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Bros: Profile Overhaul(s) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's from Galaxy 2

"When that evil monster took our star power... I was separated from my precious little one... But I knew we'd see each other again."

"Because... There is a force that binds us, defying even time and space... Not even the laws of the universe can stop it."

the description for his invulnerability via those power-ups listed has been updated, along with some additions to the power star from deonment's thread

anything else?
I did not mean like that. I meant if there is no reason for why X is invulnerable beyond they can't take damage or are called invulnerable/invincible, they don't get it. It is instead treated as unquantifiably higher durability if it does not have its own feats. That is far less of an assumption than assuming a character is wholly immune to all attacks within its dimensionality.

I did not mean like that. I meant if there is no reason for why X is invulnerable beyond they can't take damage or are called invulnerable/invincible, they don't get it. It is instead treated as unquantifiably higher durability if it does not have its own feats. That is far less of an assumption than assuming a character is wholly immune to all attacks within its dimensionality.

but it's literal common knowledge that the super star power-up and those similar grants invulnerability, I don't understand what more proof you could need, or that I could give to convey that any better

it doesn't make sense as to why they would be treated as "unquantifiably higher in durability" when it's shown and stated otherwise

hell, it's far more of an assumption to assume that those power-ups don't give you invulnerability, rather than vice versa

here's some more that I found

Last edited:
but it's literal common knowledge that the super star power-up and those similar grants invulnerability, I don't understand what more proof you could need, or that I could give to convey that any better

it doesn't make sense as to why they would be treated as "unquantifiably higher in durability" when it's shown and stated otherwise

here's some more that I found
I don't think we use Smash Bros statements for non-Smash profiles.

that shouldn't matter, it's description is consistent the whole way through
While they're technically correct to how they work in the mainline series, it could just be referring to how they work within Smash Bros specifically.

We should really be using sources from the Mario series itself.

While they're technically correct to how they work in the mainline series, it could just be referring to how they work within Smash Bros specifically.

that is legitimately incorrect

why would they change the mechanics of how it works in super smash bros from the mainline mario games?

the description is accurate for both series and its in-game showings are accurate as well

We should really be using sources from the Mario series itself.

I have been using sources from the Mario series, but for whatever reason, that doesn't suffice as enough proof which is utterly baffling

c'mon man, are you really about to have me argue over the factuality of the super star's invincibility?

that is legitimately incorrect

why would they change the mechanics of how it works in super smash bros from the mainline mario games?

the description is accurate for both series and its in-game showings are accurate as well

I have been using sources from the Mario series, but for whatever reason, that doesn't suffice as enough proof which is utterly baffling

c'mon man, are you really about to have me argue over the factuality of the super star's invincibility?
I'm not really here to nitpick the invincibility and haven't said anything about it, I just dont think smash sources should be used for anything other than smash, is all.

Statements of invulnerability is not enough also doesn’t crushing him and lava hurt him anyway

The fact that this is being argued against is ridiculous, here's another one where he's completely unfazed by something that would normally harm him. Mario has an entire arsenal of items he can use to increase his durability alone, in contrast to the Super Star power-up and anything similar, which have statements in the games that explicitly state those power-ups give him invincibility.

I haven't even been using only statements, I've been using what was shown in-game. This shouldn't be difficult to comprehend.

the crushing and lava is just purely game mechanics, same with pit falls

Last edited:
Statements of invulnerability is not enough also doesn’t crushing him and lava hurt him anyway
Those are Game Mechanics

If you look into the mainline Mario games in the manuals, there are multiple statements for the Starman making the user invincible.

Even in the original Super Mario bros game, it's stated that Mario is now invincible and cannot be killed by the bad guys.

Also, the same statement is in the Galaxy games, but it's called a rainbow star instead of a superstar to avoid confusion.

Last in this video, you have multiple showings of Mario unaffected by conventional attacks.

Those are Game Mechanics

If you look into the mainline Mario games in the manuals, there are multiple statements for the Starman making the user invincible.

Even in the original Super Mario bros game, it's stated that Mario is now invincible and cannot be killed by the bad guys.

Also, the same statement is in the Galaxy games, but it's called a rainbow star instead of a superstar to avoid confusion.

Last in this video, you have multiple showings of Mario unaffected by conventional attacks.

exactly my point, statements alone should be more than enough

arguing against that would be arguing against what the developers intended for those power-ups to be, this shouldn't be up for debate

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Invincibility stars granting invulnerability was brought up numerous times and rejected. We have our own definition of invulnerability in which it's a lore based power up meant to null attack potency and is basically the antonym of durability negation. But there needs to be very specific lore statements about something being invulnerability or that it nulls all conventional attacks to qualify. Being an in game power up that makes you invincible does not qualify and would simply be treated as statistics amplification.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Invincibility stars granting invulnerability was brought up numerous times and rejected.

you serious?

in what threads?

We have our own definition of invulnerability in which it's a lore based power up meant to null attack potency and is basically the antonym of durability negation. But there needs to be very specific lore statements about something being invulnerability or that it nulls all conventional attacks to qualify. Being an in game power up that makes you invincible does not qualify and would simply be treated as statistics amplification.

The fact it isn't "a lore-based power up" just disregards that? That is some Grade-A bullshit, but aight.

if it's statistics amplification, then so be it

That said every “invulnerability” item except the metal cap maybe also one shots everything that touches him do we know why that is, it could explain the “invulnerability”.

going by the logic of this site, metal mario could just be too durable to be harmed since he's entirely metal

I guess the Invulnerability items should just be listed under Statistics Amplification due to those new standards?

should it be renamed to "Enhanced Statistics Amplification", or kept as "Statistics Amplification"

Last edited:
good point, but there's another thread tryna separate the abilities from paper mario and put 'em into the one from paper jam

if it bombs, I'll be sure to add those
I think that thread is mostly irrelevant due to the part we been through that discussion numerous of times. Also I don’t think they should be added to paper jam since those items and abilities were from the Paper Mario series

I think that thread is mostly irrelevant due to the part we been through that discussion numerous of times. Also I don’t think they should be added to paper jam since those items and abilities were from the Paper Mario series

I side with your opinion, but the OP might've brought some new information that could sway everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back