• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario and Paint: Concept Manip?

So you ignore the fact that you can use paint during Cutout meaning paint is literally existing in 4D. In addition, we agree that the Thing cards require paint to exist. Guess what one of them does? Bam.

I don't think you understand what giving shape to something means. It literally means form. You realize without paint, all of reality isn't shaped, you need to function in order to shape reality.

Any loss of paint changes the concept of something in general, the only issue is range.

What is Type 2 then? Lmao

For real, actually ******* explain this for once cause this shit is entirely contrived.

"It's not transcendental!"

Shows evidence it likely is and can be interpreted as such.

"That's not Type 2! Even though I could've said this earlier to avoid all of these messages"

What is Type 2 then? Lmao

For real, actually ******* explain this for once cause this shit is entirely contrived.
Jeez, calm down buddy. A explanation is this:
Let's say that the concepts of chairs was erased from the universe, but the concept of chairs still continues to exist. That is the simplest explanation, but they're basically unbound by the universe completely (or existence)

Destroying the universe wouldn't get rid of the concept existing in a 4-D plane, in which Mario's universe is only infinite 3-D

Also yeah we may have to create like a specific thing that lists all of the Paint abilities cause there's a ton

The entire context is Huey stating you transcend dimensions and a direct quote from Huey when you first use the ability is "we've stepped outside our dimension!"

If you're referring to it being a book, we treat Paper Mario and Mario as the same now save for Paper Jam.

It is interesting that in canon Bowser has all of his paint added to the final Black Paint attack and it's kind of an important cinematic, with the death sound even playing and rewarding you coins before Bowser shows up completely fine full of paint and just dazed after battle.

1-Ups also restore paint, which makes up the soul and is conceptual.

Is the squeeze ability concept manipulation, also painting blank spots rewards coins and cards I believe that is creation. Now I am going to list the tw6 notable paint users neither don't have profiles but should be on Mario's.

Huey: besides resisting black paint he didn't lose paint when squeezed, and squeezed the black castle with the power of the paint stars.

Shy bandit: thru toon force they can drain large areas of paint.

The entire context is Huey stating you transcend dimensions and a direct quote from Huey when you first use the ability is "we've stepped outside our dimension!"
A) It's flowery as hell
B) Dimensions and Universes is interchangeable, and stepping out of a universe isn't enough for type 2

If you are going to call something flowery, could you at least make the effort to elaborate on what you mean? Because frankly, claiming something that is poetic or flowery is really over used a lot and it grows tiring each time I have to hear that.

It is interesting that in canon Bowser has all of his paint added to the final Black Paint attack and it's kind of an important cinematic, with the death sound even playing and rewarding you coins before Bowser shows up completely fine full of paint and just dazed after battle.

1-Ups also restore paint, which makes up the soul and is conceptual.
Can 1-UPs restore complete paint erasure

please prove how it's flowery.

"Interchangeable" was already discussed.

The game HAS a universal travel method with a direct statement you enter a parallel universe and it is NOT via Cutout. Cutout specifically deals with transcending dimensions, crossing the boundaries of space and time to step out of your dimension.

This holds even LESS weight when Huey is the one who teaches Mario the ability and should know exactly what it does and it repeatedly is shown to effect dimensions in the spatial manner like crossing a line that doesn't exist to have Mario clear areas he nornally can't and giving you the Flip ability from Super to change the dimensions of a game world programmed to be 2D

It seems more like essence manipulation than concept manipulation but we don't have essence manipulation on this site. I'm curious to see how this would fit under the concept types.

Guys, can we first decide IF Conceptual Manipulation works before we debate on what type to use
We kinda already did, like everyone agrees on at least type 3

It seems more like essence manipulation than concept manipulation but we don't have essence manipulation on this site. I'm curious to see how this would fit under the concept types.
That's actually still conceptual manipulation

I've already said before that I agree with this being concept manip, but I don't think I'm the best for evaluating which type, however, it is type 3 at worst.

These aren't abilities or anything. Just a game based on a Paint software with a Mario twist. In short, nothing can be applied here.

Back