• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do i remember her knowing Homura in Rebellion...and yes ive seen Rebellion my memory is just fuzzy

Implying a clone cant intercept that before it gets to Nui?

Technically speaking she can go on forever due to her biology. Though if you dont want to take that at face value she worked on making Shinra-Koketsu non-stop consecutively for a month, stopped working on it temporarily to fight Ryuko, then went to attack the Naked Sol immediately after and fought the elite four and satsuki, fought Ryuko AGAIN, got her arms cut off and lost coupious amounts of blood in the process, immediately went back to working on and finishing Shinra Koketsu, then went immediately after to fight the entirety of Honouji Academy on her own until Ragyo had her kill herself so she'd be absorbed into the Primordial Life Fiber. All this done without even a hint of exhaustion.

I'd love to know exactly what reasoning people re agreeing with for Mami to win when its already been established that she cant kill Nui even with her power null

She can incapacitate rather than kill, by wrapping her up in ribbons or something.

Though if Nui can cut through the ribbons in less than 24 hours, she's still good

Gargoyle One said:
How can she cut the ribbons if they're High 7A and she can't move?
Because Nui is borderline High 7-A and the Ribbons are a bit above baseline High 7-A and her arms are literally blades

Nui is borderline High 7-A, and the ribbons are around baseline High 7-A, so there's really not that much of a gap between them.

And her arms are blades, so just by attempting to move she starts cutting through them.

Edit: Ninja'd, and how

This is essentially a war of attrition that Nui would win after a looooooooooooooooong fight due to her regen and durability,

@Kep Kal isnt voting incap though, he never once said that

Mami cant even incap and Kal has acknowledged that

I guess I'll vote inconclusive for now. Though I can see Nui winning the war of attrition after Mami runs out of magical stamina a few months later, but that's such a long time ahead it bores me.

Nui's Durability is too high for Tiro Finale to turn her to ash, her regen is too high for Mami to nullify, her AP is just high enough to be able to cut through Mami's ribbons in a thread applicable amount of time, and her stamina is high enough to eventually outlast Mami in a war of attrition.

Nui's clones > Mami's clones AP and numbers-wise

A solid afterimage would likely work one, maybe two times before Mami catches on to allow Nui to avoid the ribbons

Nui would win this aftr a stupidly long, drawn out battle

Why do i remember her knowing Homura in Rebellion...and yes ive seen Rebellion my memory is just fuzzy.

Mami during Rebellion does know who Homura is. But she wasn't going into the fight with prior knowledge because they never fought before

Implying a clone cant intercept that before it gets to Nui?

Surface area is a thing. A 5-B character blocking the Tsar Bomba with its body doesn't prevent the explosion itself from expanding. The character simply tanks

Stamina stuff

Then i dunno.

Also guys, i'm not voting, i'm just debating.

Ah okay, i thought something was off, my bad

Inverse Square Law is also a thing. The clone would jut take the brunt of the attack for Nui.

So can Mami incap Nui or no?

Inverse Square Law is also a thing. The clone would jut take the brunt of the attack for Nui.

It is, but the thing is that the explosion inflicts status effects. I wasn't arguing "Mami fires Tiro Finale once and they all die", only that they are immobilized temporarily because that's what the status effect does.

So can Mami incap Nui or no?

I say that again, the fire manipulation is only a bit below Nui's AP, so it can turn her to ashes eventually.

The point when Nui starts borderline no selling things is when she is as strong as someone who borderline no sell everything from Mami (Aka Walpurgisnacht, aka baseline 6-C)

Saying the opposite is like me saying that Nui can't break free from the ribbons ever because she is weaker than them.

Heck incinerating is overkill.

The fire is around 3x weaker than her durability and her regen allows her to survive it as well so how exactly does it turn her to ashes?

The reason why she isn't burned instantly is exactly due to said durability advantage.

Think about it, if someone touches a fire for a split second, are they turned to ashes/get a third degree burn? Of course not.

Now if they remain here for a while, it does.

It is a "More effective over time " kind of thing.

Nui isn't simply tanking the fire either, she is tanking it alongside an explosion, so her regen also has other stuff to repair.

Alternatively, pretty sure that blowing her up also works if the explosion scatters the pieces across a city (Unless she has better regen feat than the one linked)

Nui's Regenerationn is good enough to regenerate as fast as if not faster that the fire can burn her.

Tanking a 300 megaton explosion isnt going to do anything when she's shrugged off damage from people stronger than that without even needing to regenerate

Is it though? The feat that justifies her regen wouldn't possibly be High-Mid if that was the case, because Ryuko wouldn't be able to inflict multiple wounds (Or rather, she would be able to, but Nui would heal a single one each time extremely fast).

Again, the point where we reach "Mami needs a ton of attacks to do actual damage" is 6-C. That's what she scales from. You are focusing too much on the 300 megatons (Which is, at the end of the day, arbitrary because she doesn't have a 300 megatons feat) and to little on the reasons why Mami is 7-A to begin with.

Nui can survive the attacks? Absolutely. She can just laugh while they do nothing? No.

But she is already 6-C

Inflicting a paper cut to someone =/= as strong as them.

For example, we don't say that Sanguinius = Horus Lupercal because he made a small crack in Horus' armor.

What we do say is that Sanguinius and Horus aren't entire orders of magnitude apart. It's a "One is much stronger but not entirely in a league of its own" kind of situation.

Same here. This way it also remains consistent with Wal being above every other witch (excluding obvious exceptions), including Mami's.

Sanguinius vs. Chaos Horus is probably not the best example since Matt and I are discussing that it's probably just inconsistent that Sanguinius managed to do that.

@Kal It also wouldnt make you two full tiers weaker than someone and on the lower end of that second tier. Even if you want to lowball it Mami would be High 7-A for beig able to damage Wal even a bit. The argument of "Her 7-A attack will seriously hurt you unless youre 6-C" doesnt work because it doesnt make sense.

It's not about how many tiers behind you are, though.

Wal is 5.6 gigatons.

Mami being six times weaker would be 7-A already (A stupidly high end, but 7-A still).

The argument also isn't "Her 7-A attack will seriously hurt you unless you're 6-C", it's more like "Her degree of 7-A is such that baseline 6-C people almost shrugh off her attacks, but that's the minimum required to actually no sell them, so another 7-A character wouldn't no sell them".

If you think that she should be 7-A+ i can get back on this though.

Where are you getting that Mami is 6x weaker than Wal?

Bruh, even the correction to argument you just made would make Mami High 7-A.

@Weekly

For the most part, i'm just explaining why she is 7-A, right now. I myself preferred a possibly/likely High 7-A, but it was deemed that 7-A was a safer option.

Should we make a thread to debate it? We are kinda derailing here.

@Gar

Tiro Finale only really has a ton of AoE. Charlotte in Homura's Revenge could take it and survive, and she was getting damaged from Mami's regular guns, although not as much.

I can see Mami being 6x weaker considering she had to fire away for ages in order to do chip damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back