• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't need to break them when he can just pull out of them and I'd still like to see a scan of her restraining someone made completely out of liquid

If this were the case Mami wouldn't have half the victories she currently has

Then half of her victories need to be reevaluated

Pull out how?

And I said myself that the standard ribbon trap won't work and that she would basically need to make a ribbon ball kinda like her shields but with him inside.

You know that breaking free of something binding you isn't a matter of lifting strength unless you can literally break the ropes, right? As long as the knot is decent

By pulling his liquid arm out of the restraint

Yes and i dont see any reason why he cant just drip through it as he is a liquid, or just melt them

Not if youre a liquid

Oh, ok. Would work with the standard trap yes.

Because they block liquid like the attacks of Oktavia and Yachiyo. And null corrosive abilities.

See first reply. I'm not arguing for her binding him with two or three threads. I'm arguing that she can basically make a capsule of ribbons (basically her regular ribbon shield but spherical) around him.

Blocking a liquid attack =/= preventing liquid from getting through though. You can block water from being thrown at you with a towel but if you try to hold water in in a towel it will get through.

The ribbons block attacks specifically meant to pierce through them, tho.

She can manipulate their structure pretty much at will, to the point where they can act as different materials entirely if she needs to.

I mean.

She made a train, guns and cannons out of them. I really doubt that water of all things would be a big issue for her

That there are attacks that phase trough barriers/people but she can block them anyway. If she can block Phasing intangibility I doubt that Elemental like water would be that big of an issue when phasing >>> water when it comes to passing trough things.

They melt familiars in a few seconds.

Ye I meant water as liquid

Yes but phasing through a shield and dispersing around it or through the cracks in it are two very different things

Bogs acid nearly melted Syn to death on contact

I'd also like tod point out that Bog has experience fighting people with forcefields (ie Blue)

There are no cracks, she can make a solid structure out of them. Again, trains, guns, she makes those out of ribbons. If they were normal it wouldn't work.

That doesn't sound too much better (given that WOC melts multiple people at once without contact).

You could say the same about Homura tho

@Kal Tell that to Yupia who can Shrug off being shot through the head, having her leg blown off, and being impaled, but Bogs acid still hurt her

I do tell that to Yupia because the type 2 of a magical girl and the respective pain reduction is good enough to live literally without a body, provided that the SG is intact.

A hole in the head is really not that big of a deal

Yes.

I'm saying that it's honestly pretty bad compared to what your average magical girl can withstand. So I don't see it affecting them that much.

Pretty sure Mami died to getting decapitated, so her damage resistance isn't anywhere near as good as say, Sayaka.

Also, didn't Kyoko die to Octavia? I'm starting to think the pain resistance only goes up so high.

No.

They both died because their Soul Gems were shattered.

Mami's was eaten (it's on her head) and Kyoko blew up her own in a suicide attack

Living without a body is not a Pain Resistance feat. You need a body in order to feel pain to begin with.

where is Time Havoc vs. Bog Cal

It's more a "it doesn't really matter because pain isn't a huge hindrance no matter the damage".

As Kirika explained, magical girls and bodies live a separate life. Once you have learned it, stuff like pain is secondary

@cal and kep It was clearly stated that as long as the soul gem is intact a magical girl won't die even if the body is completely destroyed (that would still be an incap tho as there isn't nothing which proves that a mg can make a new body (yet)

That's not where the pain resistance comes from tho

Pain Resistance comes from the magical girls being able to neg the ability to have pain.

Anyways, if it wasn't obvious before, I'm going with Mami with Mami having some way to counter most of what Bog has.

So, 4-4, right?

I also just saw Bog's Fatal Art gameplay. He has the ability to just create acid wherever, and uses it to spawn acid bombs wherever the opponent is. So his range isn't as poor anymore.

Isn't 4-4 enough for this to be inconclusive?

Or do both parties have to be 7 or higher for inconclusive.

I went ahead and upgraded the regen + added teleportation (for some reason, I never did it before). I also need to add self-destruction.

Because she doesn't have a way to put down someone with Mid-High?

And ribbon traps are moot for a teleporter (If it's spammable that is)

Ah ah ah, Bog with mid high regen was discussed earlier in the thread and you even agreed hed win if he had it

Really? Wish I knew that before, I would have brought that up sooner...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back