• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her power nullification comes from her Ribbons, which are High 7A in Durability, and have powernulled that shuts down a person's abilities

This works on Magical Girls like Homura who is already resistant to powernulled from Witches which do the same thing

Can Mercer break out of the traps for one

Schnee One said:
This works on Magical Girls like Homura who is already resistant to powernulled from Witches which do the same thing

Can Mercer break out of the traps for one
That's weird, because I see no resistance to Power Nullification listed in Homura Akemi's profile. And Mercer basically has two layers of resistance to Power Nullification.

As for the ribbons restraining him, he can simply just absorb it, via being able to absorb inorganic matter as well. That is, if Mercer didn't start infecting her from the viral gasses from the moment the fight starts.

Too soon as well I was planning to put out evidence of some high 7c mercer latter this week/month But oh well what is done is done

Also boys who else is hyped for doom eternal?

I found this and it makes me doubt mami has any win con here. From her profile: (Regenerationn Negation (Up to Mid) with Ribbon Trap) Considering mercer mid-high regen Im not sure she can actually kill him, saying that I may have missed some ability that would let her bypass his regen. Did I? Cause I also didn't see anything that would prevent her from being consumed/infected again I may have missed it but I don't believe I did.

If Mercer resists Mami's level of powernull and can absorb the ribbons he probably takes this comfortably (maybe stomps if Mami vs. Mr. Game & Watch is anything to go by)

Honestly looking at it closer this is most likely a stomp, her powernull can only effect mid regen thus she doesn't have a means to bypass mercers mid-high regen, He also has a nonzero chance of fully resisting her power null and mercer in this key opens with gassing the area, which she doesn't seem to have a resistance to.

I really dont think a virus is going to inhibit a magical girl's fighting ability tbh

If her undead status gives her disease resistance/bio manip resist (Not listed on her profile) Shes still unable to win due to having no way to bypass mercers regen. I havent found anything to suggest mercer couldn't consume her ribbons or somehow shapeshift out of them.

I dont think you understand what the blacklight virus is, it can infect inanimate objects like buildins, streetlamps, railings, it can even breakdown and recreate clothes, even body armor. Saying that she may resist this still doesnt really cover the fact she can't bypass regen and she doesn't seem to resist absorbtion. It seems like only one of them has a viable win con here.

Hmmm i don't know it its been shown to allow humans to be devoured in seconds and theres nothing to suggest a strong opponent can resist. Infected and evolved all have resistance to absorbtion due to haveing the same virus. She does not have any such resistance to absorbtion.

Lets say her strength does allow her to resist (It wouldn't as mercers only shown to struggle with beings resistant to absorbtion like other infected) What can she do to bypass mercers regen, even giving her that ability to resist leaves no avenue to victory.

I assume so as nothing on his profile suggest his absorbtion is gated by strength, even in his own world the only things that resist his absorbtion are those infected with the virus

The pen or the sword said:
I assume so as nothing on his profile suggest his absorbtion is gated by strength
No, you need to prove that Alex can absorb something that far above his level, assuming so without feats is an NLF.

Again assuming he can't absorb the ribbons (which he should be able to do) how does she win from there?

Also how airtight are her ribbons?

If he can't absorb the ribbons and can't move as a result, that's incap as he can't do anything to her, albeit he can probably still gas her.

I don't get that question, can you clarify it?

I was wondering if he could turn into a slime/release a gas while wrapped in the ribbons it seems likely he can.

So again she has no resistance to disease other than being undead, which doesn't cover mercers ability to infect inanimate objects. Hmmm...Really cause Ive never heard that mentioned before as from what I can tell absorbtion is considered hax.

Absorbtion is considered Hax depending on how it works

Considering Alex is literally physically absorbing someone I am not sure.

Schnee One said:
Anyway

Before I continue can Mercer absorb something that much stronger then him?
How he absorbs inorganic objects is that he touches them... And they get converted into organic biomass. That's basically how he absorbs inorganic matter, such as body armour and everything else hidden inside it (including electronic devices such as radios). If the matter he absorbs is already organic, then he pretty much skips the whole conversion process. That type of Absorption is not dependent on AP as it literally converts inorganic matter such as that into biomass, and then absorbs that biomass (it's basically transmutation really). There are reasons why Limited Matter Manipulation is listed in Mercer's profile. Considering the Blacklight Virus is stated to infect its targets at a molecular level (and Mercer being able to control such at the molecular level), this pretty much supports such a mechanic.

Last I've checked, the mechanics behind that type of Absorption should not be dependent on AP, so Mami having High 7-A durability should be irrelevant against it. Along with the fact that Mercer has two layers of Power Null resistance (not just one).

Mami would need resistance to Biological Manipulation (and Matter Manipulation) to resist that.

There's also the fact that Mercer's potent Disease Manipulation (which can both living beings, corpses like the original Alex Mercer's body, and inanimate objects at the scale of cellular to molecular level) can screw Mami over via infecting her through the AoE viral gasses.

Like i said above Im not sure she has a win con at this point, her power null can only affect up to mid level regen and she has no other means to bypass mercers regen.

The pen or the sword said:
Like i said above Im not sure she has a win con at this point, her power null can only affect up to mid level regen and she has no other means to bypass mercers regen.
Hey, I tried the best I could. Finding a decent matchup for Mercer is more than difficult than most would think.

Considering it's magic ribbons idk how regular inorganic would that be to be broken down.

AOE Viral gases would be the key to winning for most enemies but then again Mami is already a Witch thingy so I don't think that's gonna cut it. And uh Mami can kinda fly and blow eveyrthing away with how powerful her attacks are.

Also typically absorption on that level would not care for Tiers. But Alex hasn't really tried to absorb anything stronger than him. Heck he even struggles absorbing things that are close to his level unless they're the Evolved that he has control and influence over. To add on more, the super soldiers of Prototype kinda gives one annoying big F U to Alex. Seriously. Screw those metal hunks of heap.

Also doubtful of the legitimacy of Alex's infinite flight so I'm gonna give the flight advantage to Mami. Unless her key doesn't have that cause there's a lot of stuff on her profile

Ciruno Fortes said:
AOE Viral gases would be the key to winning for most enemies but then again Mami is already a Witch thingy so I don't think that's gonna cut it. And uh Mami can kinda fly and blow eveyrthing away with how powerful her attacks are.

Also typically absorption on that level would not care for Tiers. But Alex hasn't really tried to absorb anything stronger than him. Heck he even struggles absorbing things that are close to his level unless they're the Evolved that he has control and influence over. To add on more, the super soldiers of Prototype kinda gives one annoying big F U to Alex. Seriously. Screw those metal hunks of heap.
Mami doesn't have her Witch powers in her first key. She is only a magical girl in her first key, so her flight and whatever reality-altering abilities (and witch physiology that probably doesn't give her resistance) she has is irrelevant as it is not used in this match.

Unless the ribbons shows that it can resist Absorption and molecular breakdown and infection, it gets affected default by default, especially as far as Verse Equalisation is concerned.

I mean, the only reason why Mercer couldn't absorb infected such as Leader Hunters are because they have resistance against Absorption unless they have two of their brains destroyed and are weakened. Ragland explicitly states that they have adaptation against Mercer's assimilative abilities, and would require to be weakened through the methods I've mentioned.

The D-Code Supersoldiers are given similar strain of Blacklight Virus to enhance their bodies, so I'm not sure about them. But the fact that they have a similar strain of Blacklight in their body, that should likely give them resistance to Absorption by default unless weakened.

Well, he did real fine absorbing that Janitor in the Prototype comics via touch, and the janitor wasn't infected or anything, which shows that type of Absorption isn't limited to just Blacklight infected (where he also absorbs the Evolved via touch without needing to weaken or subdue them or anything).

Edit: Mercer also doesn't get his DLC abilities unless explicitly stated to be included by the OP.

Yeah but all those things have resistance to absorbtion so Im gonna need some evidence of something without absorbtion resistance resisting due to strength difference. Everything that has ever resisted mercer absorbtion attempts have been infected in some way, the supersoldeirs are just a gentic offshoot of the virus with some extra implants.

None of her attacks in her first key can bypass mercers regen, (unless I missed something) Her powernull can only affect mid regen thus she can't bypass it.

@DN

Fair nuff, ty for clarifying

I don't think ribbons can get infected in the first place... But sounds iffy

I literally mean their actual immunity to absorption. Alex has no existing feats of one touch consuming any other of the lesser infected and that can't be just blamed on Blacklight virus. The Leader Hunter makes sense though and explains why you gotta crush them. But the rest you have to weaken first. So yeah the whole weaken the AP gap thing. I wouldn't necessarily call that resistance usually but Leader Hunter counts.

They were literally granted metal platings in their body and can only be killed instead of absorbed after that.

@Pen

Eh, doesn't mean everything can't resist it. But not gonna defend Mami since I'm not as knowledgeable on her body.

Sounds iffy on the power null

Thinking about it tho, Alex can probably get her with that old pretend to be an old woman trick.

Again until I see proof that ap diffence offers resistance to mercer Im gonna have to disagree. (edit Ide agree if she had some form of resistance to bio manip or disease manip but she doesn't so)

Well yeah alot of fights should end with mercer sneak consuming if we didn't have them already in combat.

Its literally listed on her profile her powernull can only affect up to mid Regenerationn, its a weakness to her ability.

edit From her profile: (Regenerationn Negation (Up to Mid) with Ribbon Trap)

Well, Redlight did real fine infecting metal railings, stop signs, and even entire buildings (along with dead bodies like the original Alex Mercer's body), and Blacklight is designed to be superior (and also the fact that Mercer consumed Elizabeth Greene), so I don't see why Mami's ribbons shouldn't be infected if it doesn't have resistance to it. How counters to Hax usually applies in this site is either through an another Hax, or resistance to that specific type of Hax (and abilities can be linked to each other via Verse Equalisation as long as they have a similar enough mechanic). Unless Mami (and her ribbons) has resistance to that type of Absorption and infection, I don't see why she shouldn't be affected.

Well, Prototype can get pretty weird on how they portray feats, especially in regards to Absorption. Such as him struggling to Absorb some Hunters at the beginning of Prototype 1, yet he was able to Absorb 8 Evolved via touch with ease (Evolved are superior to both Hunters and Leader Hunters) later. It doesn't matter much because because he has some feats of absorbing via touch later on.

From what I can tell about Power Null, Mami nulls by disabling her target's abilities via touching them with her ribbons. Mercer resists Power Nullification that works via disabling his own abilities. That's a similar enough mechanic for Mercer's Resistance to apply to Mami's power null.

As I also said earlier, those had to be the Evolved he has under control or influence. Not to mention it's not as if the game has always been consistent especially between P1 and P2. Not that we're gonna take away the abiltiy from that way but if so, absorbing Hunters and the bio Soldiers are still a big dealbreakers.

Except there's no correlation or similarity between Mami and Alex's power null I'm afraid. Like I said I won't be defending Mami that much I just want to bring up those points above. Though half of them were unnecessary.

Ciruno Fortes said:
As I also said earlier, those had to be the Evolved he has under control or influence. Not to mention it's not as if the game has always been consistent especially between P1 and P2. Not that we're gonna take away the abiltiy from that way but if so, absorbing Hunters and the bio Soldiers are still a big dealbreakers.

Except there's no correlation or similarity between Mami and Alex's power null I'm afraid. Like I said I won't be defending Mami that much I just want to bring up those points above. Though half of them were unnecessary.
He did real fine absorbing that Janitor in the comics though, via touch. He didn't infect that janitor or anything, he just touched the Janitor... And the Janitor got absorbed. He shouldn't have any control or influence over the janitor because he's not infected, but he still absorb him so easily anyways.

The constraints for Absorption thing (such as weakening and subduing) is all from the Prototype 1 game anyways. In the Prototype comics and Prototype 2 (both of which are after the Prototype 1 game), he had no issue with absorbing his targets without weakening or subduing them, he just... Touches them... And they became one with him.

It's likely his abilities, including his Absorption, got improved later, so it is likely that he doesn't have that weakening/subduing constraint to his Absorption anymore (which, outside of the Leader Hunter, sounds like gameplay limitations to me, but whatever).

And there is a correlation between Mami's Power Null and Mercer's Resistance. I've literally just explained to you about Mami's Power Null mechanics. Mami nulls by shutting down abilities, and Mercer resists Power Null that works through shutting down abilities. His resistance applies here, especially in regards to Verse Equalisation due to similar enough mechanics. Mami's Power Null being of magical origin would not get past the resistance as it has showcased a similar enough mechanic for the resistance to apply to it. If it has a different mechanic all together (like nullifying the effects of her target's abilities Gold Experience Requiem style), then she could get around the resistance, but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

None of this is going to prevent Mami from being infected though, Absorption or not.

She's still unable to bypass his regen even if we assume her power null works as his regen is higher than mid. Ehh Its still hax, hax she doesn't resist so Im still leaning on a hax stomp for mercer.

Saying that if her power null can actually affect mercers other abilities than she has a win con, the problem is shes not likly to get it off before mercer has gassed the area.

If we agree she can null mercers abilities other than regen than we can disscuss how mami will act in character against mercer, is she liable to realize holding mercer is her only means of victroy? How liable is she to splat mercer and get some part of him on her?

Does it really count as incap when she literally has to hold him indefinitly to stop him from gassing/absorbing her?

Saying that it might be enough to consider this not a stomp.

edit Then again mercer is still liable to open with gassing the area which she doesn't resist

Ciruno Fortes said:
As I also said earlier, those had to be the Evolved he has under control or influence.
Eh not really we see evolved such as sabrina galiway not wanting to be absorbed and screaming out to james heller for help plus the screams pf horror and pain from the other evolved kinda just dash any doughts that they are not fully controled by mercer

Yet he still consemed them without truble and those twits have absorption resistence

It's in-character for Mami to just ribbon trap someone and **** off, it's what she did for Homura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back