• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Makima Couldn't Do It.... Soo

Confused. How would you over power a dura negging sword? Any attack he throws to try and impede the swords path will just get cleanly cut through as if it were just air. Am I just misunderstanding?
Yeah I wasn't clear on this point, Pochita can counter that by eating the sword as when he eats something it would be considered as dura neg regarding his main ability. It also would not affect his soul as it wouldnt be "damaging" him, if he takes a wild bite out of the sword.

Yeah I wasn't clear on this point, Pochita can counter that by eating the sword as when he eats something it would be considered as dura neg regarding his main ability. It also would not affect his soul as it wouldnt be "damaging" him, if he takes a wild bite out of the sword.
I thought it dura negged by erasing it AFTER eating something. Not as he eats it. I.e. he has til put something in his mouth, chew it, and as he devours/ingests it, it disappears.

I thought it dura negged by erasing it AFTER eating something. Not as he eats it. I.e. he has til put something in his mouth, chew it, and as he devours/ingests it, it disappears.
Hmm I see your point, My stance now would be that maki can truly never kill pochita.

If she rids of his soul, he can reincarnate in a new body completely, that body being a new being and most likely soul. Considering the fact that he can interdimensionally travel with ease, going from hell to earth. With this maki can never truly kill pochita. Allotting the fact that he should come back much stronger all the time. As when you eat a devil you gain an AP boost.

Maki would eventually loose during this endless cycle of violence and this would now turn into a battle of stamina.

Hmm I see your point, My stance now would be that maki can truly never kill pochita.

If she rids of his soul, he can reincarnate in a new body completely, that body being a new being and most likely soul. Considering the fact that he can interdimensionally travel with ease, going from hell to earth. With this maki can never truly kill pochita. Allotting the fact that he should come back much stronger all the time. As when you eat a devil you gain an AP boost.

Maki would eventually loose during this endless cycle of violence and this would now turn into a battle of stamina.
Unless I'm mistaken (I'm not into part 2 of the series yet), don't Devils become essentially an entirely different person after they revive in Hell? Like they forget their past life and are like an entirely new character all together? Is that ability combat applicable? And if it is, have they been shown to come back after having even their soul cut to pieces? Or only from physical damage?

don't Devils become essentially an entirely different person after they revive in Hell? Like they forget their past life and are like an entirely new character all together?
Pochita is immune to this, once he dies unlike other devils he keeps his memories
Is that ability combat applicable?
Yes once Pochita dies (since this battle takes place in the CSM verse) he can respawn in hell and travel back to earth as he can interdimensionally travel from hell to earth, meaning if Maki defeats him, he can always return back from hell stronger (via eating devils)
And if it is, have they been shown to come back after having even their soul cut to pieces? Or only from physical damage?
It wouldn't matter regardless as they are returning as a completely new being, We know that devils will always reincarnate as long as someone fears what they represent, there is no reason to believe the soul would be excluded from this process of reincarnation.

Pochita is immune to this, once he dies unlike other devils he keeps his memories
I'll take your word for it. Though in the scan in quesrtion, it isn't stated he retains his memories. Merely that he came back and kept fighting the War Devil.
It wouldn't matter regardless as they are returning as a completely new being, We know that devils will always reincarnate as long as someone fears what they represent, there is no reason to believe the soul would be excluded from this process of reincarnation.
Mmm... I guess I can buy into that. I just felt that would've fell into territory the wiki doesn't like since it's a speculation of what would happen if their soul was destroyed too even though we're not shown what happens if it is.

Devils respawning in hell is not combat applicable. Once a Devil truly dies and respawns there they lose all their memories (in case they were killed by chainsaw Devil the only thing they remember is the sound of his chainsaws and being decapitated.), and change appearance/personality (Like Nayuta, Cockorach Devil, Bat Devil and Eternity Devil). Being sent to hell through BFR and returning is an entirely different process.

Devils respawning in hell is not combat applicable. Once a Devil truly dies and respawns there they lose all their memories (in case they were killed by chainsaw Devil the only thing they remember is the sound of his chainsaws and being decapitated.)
I agrue the fact that, It was stated many times that no matter how much times you kill him he always gets up back. We know that when a devil dies they return to hell in a completely new body, this can only mean once Pochita dies he is reincarnated back in hell with his memories and he continues his cycle of chaos.

and change appearance/personality (Like Nayuta, Cockorach Devil, Bat Devil and Eternity Devil). Being sent to hell through BFR and returning is an entirely different process.
If i can recall the bat devil never changed appearances, and the eternity devil only looked different as his part 2 iteration never consumed a gun devil fragment, Nayuta and makima have the same traits the only thing that changed is the color of their hair. And via what I mentioned earlier this does not apply for Pochita, I add onto this considering even after dying many times Fami was still able to show yoru an image of him which shows a Pochita who looks exactly like the one weve seen in part 1.
Being sent to hell through BFR and returning is an entirely different process.
I only sent the BFR scan to prove that he can interdimensionally travel.

Back