• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that is fine, but somebody needs to link to visual evidence of the feats that need to be calculated first, so the calc group members know what they should do.

I copied this from the doc I posted, so I will just put it here for convenient reading. I added a few more feats too.
I'll post this again in case it gets lost in the replies

Also King suggested feats like Fujin blasting a gate securing Kronika's Keep and two other feats that were calculated already. It should also be noted that when he uses the crown, the clouds above him start to move quickly.

Last edited:
While this is still up, I'm planning to make a thread for the Midway profiles maybe tomorrow or some other day I'm available. There isn't much progress here so perhaps I should start doing something that will hopefully have more progress. In that thread I will post stuff like feats and maybe big upgrades and anyone is welcome to contribute to it.

I copied this from the doc I posted, so I will just put it here for convenient reading. I added a few more feats too.
@DontTalkDT @Executor_N0 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Mr._Bambu @Therefir @Ugarik @DMUA @Damage3245 @KGiffoni @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith @Wokistan

Would any of you be willing to calculate the feats that were linked to above please? This revision will not go anywhere otherwise, and has been stalling for months.

In general I'm of the belief that calcs are better done by non-CGMs, since CGMs can't eval their own stuff and thus you need double the manpower to get the calcs done for revisions such as these, but aye, I'll happily take a look if it can wait til tomorrow as today I've got festivities (sort of).

Thank you very much for the help. I try to only ask for help from the calc group when the required calculations seem important for an ongoing revision and need to be done properly.

Thank you very much for the help.

Have you asked for evaluations?

I do have other calcs but like, my management of time has been such a mess that I've only completed like, 2 of them out of a list of plenty

Thank you very much for the help. Please do not forget to ask for evaluations by other calc group members.

I wouldn't consider that reliable scaling wise; the entire premise of MK Vs DC is everyone getting either amped or nerfed by "Combat rage" so one could technically be overwhelmingly superior to the latter had it not been for that. Canon or not, Raiden should scale from his own feats and Superman should scale from his own feats; though, they're pretty much the same AP wise but Superman is far superior speed wise by the looks of it.

Even canon crossovers usually to follow the pattern of rescaling the characters to each other to make the stories work without being too onesided.

As such, it is much safer to scale each side from their own feats.

I honestly don't think this is the thread for that. King made this thread to revise the MK profiles, especially when we're going to separate them between the Midway and NRS timelines. If you want to convince everyone that MKvsDC should scale to pretty much every MK profiles starting from MK when it first appeared in the arcade to MK11 now, you can start a separate thread. There's already many things that we have to deal with in this thread.

Ecstacy is correct. Also, it is very unlikely that such a revision would be accepted anyway.

Btw: Can you summarise what we currently need help with here please?

Btw: Can you summarise what we currently need help with here please?
Just a bunch of feats I guess, some of the ones I listed are either deemed unimpressive (feats that probably don't change much in terms of scaling) or simply have not been done yet. Once that's done we can determine the scaling between each characters and after that we apply the new ratings to the profiles.

There's also plans for a second CRT meant for the Midway timeline and its characters, so we could move to that after this. Maybe we should finish this first before the next CRT because I don't actually know where to start with the second one.

Oh yeah, one of the NRS devs teased at some new content through a tweet and it seems like they're doing mocap for their next project. I don't know if it's MK related or not, but we might have to wait for that until its announced. If we ever get new MK11 content (especially when its related to the story) then we might have to do a lot of discussion about that.

I've got a list here too, I don't think anyone has read the part where I mention which events of the MKX comics are still canon and I'd like to discuss those.

Last edited:
Thank you for the summary.

Can you list the feats that would likely be useful to calculate in terms of scaling please? Afterwards, I can ask some calc group members for help with that.

Well. I referenced the entire list of solid feats I was asked to, calculated all but the one where Jax just tosses up a few people, and have them posted.

Up to you, I posted a request in the only VSBW-related server I'm still in but no takers. I could directly ask someone if you like.

I've got a question for the people who are knowledgeable on MK

During MK11, Fire God Liu Kang gets beaten by the revenants of his friends which includes Kung Lao, Kitana and Jade who were all strengthened by some energy that Kronika gave to them. While attempting to recover, Raiden tells him that the Jinsei flows inside him (thanks to fusing himself with Raiden) and he must "let it fuel his fire" implying that he should tap into its power, which gives him a boost that allowed him to beat all three amped revenants and the subsequent enemies by himself. My question is, should God Liu have a higher rating in his profile rather than a new key (ex. Wall level, higher with the Jinsei) and should this also scale to Raiden whose power is also drawn from this source as well?

Following. Can someone fill me in with the quick tl;dr of the current plans?
Some feats have already been calced but not all that I listed so that will have to wait. When that's done, I think we can start scaling the characters and give them new ratings. Also some stuff from the current profiles are going to be removed and transferred to another version of their profile since we're separating profiles based on the NRS/Midway timelines. For now, we're working on the NRS ones before moving onto the Midway timeline.

Also maybe the addition of a few new powers and abilities as well

Last edited:
Actually, are there any more people who don't have solid ratings yet, and would require calcs, or could we get the verse rescaled with what's already been established as of now?

Actually, are there any more people who don't have solid ratings yet, and would require calcs, or could we get the verse rescaled with what's already been established as of now?
I think characters like Raiden and Fujin don't have solid ratings yet, the feats they scale to right now seem quite low tbh. Speaking of feats, I think there are two feats that they might scale to which is:
  • Not sure about this feat, but this scene and its concept art (1 and 2) implies that Raiden blasted holes through multiple floors of a building. The concept art also indicates that it was done with one bolt of lightning seeing how the roof in the first pic is destroyed and the lightning's flash can be seen in the windows of the building, all of this happening in one scene.
  • Revenant Liu fills up an entire room with its own rocks. Some shots of the room for reference (1, 2, 3)
Also I noticed something about the gate blasting feat that King suggested. When Fujin was about to wear the crown, the clouds in the sky gradually begin to shift before he gains focus and starts destroying the gate with his powers. I don't know if that's usable for ratings and I'm not knowledgeable on feats and calcs, so I'll just hear what you guys can say about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back