• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah no one should have Supernatural Luck. "They have a lot of luck at the time" is not a power, no even something they can't use in combat, it's just not a power.

Unless it's established, which was not, they is nothing supernatural/beyond what everything should be about this cases.

Another thing: downgrading GER's speed would also downgrade HA DIO's speed and time-stop potency.

Sir Ovens said:
I looked up subliminal messaging and the closest definition I got was "a message sent to the unconscious mind". While conventional mind manip would change the way a person thinks, subliminal messaging isn't control at all, it's a message. It's like me telling you all about snails. I'm not forcing you to think about snails. I'm just repeating the word snails over and over again, and you hear nothing.
I'm not sure this is different from conventional mind manip. Most mind manip also affects unconcious processes in some way. Because any feelings like hunger, pain, smell etc. are inputs given to your conciousness by something that is not your conciousness. Your conciousness only decides whether you'll cave in to your hunger and eat something, but the hunger and its degree are not decided by you.

As such most, if not all, mind controls or controls of the senses affect the mind as a whole including the unconcious mind.

If Joseph qualifies for Supernatural luck, so does like nearly every other protagonist in history.

2 things.

TriforcePower1 said:
Best JoJo should get telepathy for "your next line is"
Actually there is an interview with Araki where he said that he was able to do that via telepathy (or something similar, I don't remember it well). In any case his Extraordinary Genius intelligence is the most exaggerated JoJo rank we have.

DMB 1 said:
Another thing: downgrading GER's speed would also downgrade HA DIO's speed and time-stop potency.
Yes, that would make even more sense given that the feat was GER running at the same speeds as Giorno towards DIO. If we didn't even bother givin Heaven DIO infinite reactions or linking the feat to inform then this is legit what he deserves.

Eficiente said:
In any case his Extraordinary Genius intelligence is the most exaggerated JoJo rank we have.
Barely a stretch:

Joseph outsmarted people who could learn an entire language by just earing a few of its words, who were capable of using guns when the best weapon they' had ever seen was a sword, and that could create the ultimate tool to unlock the entire evolutionary process from their brain alone.

Also speaking of Hamon, apparently, Joseph had hermit purple since the days of Battle Tendency, but he didn't know that, and couldn't see the Stand. He fully unlocked it later in his life without Dio's influence. Not only that, but Araki also said that hìHermit Purple is Stand that is based on the use of Hamon, and Joseph unlocked it because of that, hence why Jonathan has a similar Stand (which was ironically used by Dio since the latter was in his body). So theoretically, if other Hamon users unlocked a Stand, it would most likely be similar to Hermit Purple.

... Oh, and we should tier Hermit Purple as Unknow because of the reasonings that were brought up in previous threads.

Eficiente said:
Actually there is an interview with Araki where...
https://youtu.be/ZrlDlO4rhGU?t=236

@DMB Thing is, only the last feat is qualifies for Extraordinary Genius by our standards, and outsmarting someone with that intelligence=/=possessing that intelligence. Especially with the information previously given.

Im think GER should have acasuality type 2 because when Diavolo used Epitaph he saw himself killing Giorno without GER doing anything,but that wasnt what happened in the process.

Sir Ovens said:
DInO: Animal Manipulation (Can give commands to those transformed by Scary Monsters)
Btw he's not really manipulating them, just giving commands to them so he shouldn't have that.

Command over animals that they follow without question and never fails? I think it warrents at least a "possibly Animal Manip"

As far as we know he's doing the same as Squirrel Girl, I don't think he should have that.

Axl233 said:
Im think GER should have acasuality type 2 because when Diavolo used Epitaph he saw himself killing Giorno without GER doing anything,but that wasnt what happened in the process.
thanky you i always bring that feat up but its always ignored

Eficiente said:
@DMB Thing is, only the last feat is qualifies for Extraordinary Genius by our standards, and outsmarting someone with that intelligence=/=possessing that intelligence. Especially with the information previously given.
Fairly sure that the first one qualified as well, but whatever.

So... what's the current status with the GER speed. Cuz I addressed all your points, but no further discussion has really happened.

my view on it is that I could potentially get behind downgrading GER's attack speed because it may be constrained by Giorno's perception. Thus it may be able to use its causality manip automatically at infinite speeds, but when it is time to attack Giorno has to actually command it to so it would be only MFTL in attack but may have its attack speed higher

Those were my reasons, yes. Your points were worth arguing but I persnally didn't have the time to do so.

Currently most of it has gone through, except for the GER infinite speed stuff because... some points were made but people are too busy to actually argue the points. We seem to at least be in potential agreement about GER's attack speed being limited by Giorno's perception

I think this needs more approval from admins, at least one. If I get that I would personally perform all the changes, I already called several of them.

Well, you can ask some more of them if you wish.

Seventy96 said:
Araki probably doesn't realize, that GER have infinite speed :p
Most authors probably don't.

I believe Mista's Supernatural Luck comes from either his Flashback where every single gunshot fired missed him at point-blank range or the whole Rolling Stones shenanigan.

I do not know enough about parts 5-8 to comment on those, but everything for parts 1-4 seems accurate to me.

Given that he even gets resistance to (Rohan's) mindhax, yeah.

Back