• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major CRT for the SMB franchise

I mean if Newton's third law "didn't exist" in Mario, no character would even be able to walk

Also to be honest, I'm not a big fan of giving Rosalina a Low 2-C key. Even if she had the Grand Star in her possession, it doesn't mean she was using its power for anything, and from what I recall there's no lore in the game that indicates she does.

Rest seems fine

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Shouldn't feats still trump statements in that instance? If a feat seemingly contradicts physics then why apply physics to this setting unless needed?

What I'm saying is that we should look for another explanation, rather than assuming it has to be because physics doesn't apply.

I mean if it something minor such as glass cannons then just ignoring the feat is a worse explanation. This isn't a science based verse, sometimes the devs don't care, so why should we.

Because we look for the most accurate, quantifiable ratings, and the best way to quantify something is through scientific means.

Wouldn't acknowledging that some feats don't really work with science accounted for (glass cannons or FTL feats, which we allow for some reason.) be a more accurate result? If speed stats can ignore science, why not AP or dura?

We don't accept glass cannons though, unless their attacks are not based off of their striking strength. As for FTL feats, the FTL page explains it.

I know that. You just pointed out the contradiction. If we allow FTL feats then why not glass cannons.

Sorry but the fact remains that we don't scale random enemies to recurring characters for those reasons. Mere instances of game mechanics and PIS (Plot relevant or not) does not make the mooks on par with the cast, even to a lower degree. If you disagree with their current stats, bring up their own feats or calculations. We don't scale Heartless, Skeletons, or Deku Nuts to their respective protagonists, we will not do the same thing for Goombas or any other enemies. Period. Anyway, I'll start working on profiles of the Ancients and a few characters from another verse. Meanwhile, let me know the decision on the other revisions.

I was never suggesting they should scale to the cast. And we've mentioned their own feats before lol But yeah. Not point to be in this thread anymore. Upgrades and downgrades were agreed upon beyond the Rosalina being made of cosmix dust thing that I dunnl if you touched upon

You can remind DRB via his message wall if you wish.

I'm still working on the page, just that RL matters made it longer than it should be. It should be uploaded by tonight.

Looks really nice. Only question I have is, what type of Acausality do the Ancients have?

I'd say just type 1; it's nothing beyond they can live even if the timeline they were born from was erased. Basically, that means they live even if there past is completely erased, but I think think that qualifies as anything beyond type 1. I don't recall any info of them having countless avatars across space-time to qualify for type 3, or characters with precognition being unable to predict their moves. Little is known other than what's already collected.

But I'd say Type 1 is reasonable.

Profile looks cool, but I do have a couple of issues with it. If they were stated to be weak physically, why do they have multiversal striking strength? Do we know if their fight against the Pixl Queen was physical, because if it's not stated then I'd assume they fought via their magic.

Supergenius seems like a bit of a stretch without solid feats. Extraordinary Genius intelligence is already enough to greatly outsmart anyone else in the verse, given how much the rating can vary.

Acausality Type 1 seems fine

@Agnaa It's Type 1. It's based from Count Bleck, who was a decendant of the Tribe of Darkness, who also had this ability in his profile. I forgot to include that detail. Sorry.

It's possible they at least have the striking power with their magic abilities going by the members who fought against her. If this is invalid, remove the Striking Strength by all means.

I'd think rewriting it as Unknow physically, possibly Multiversal with magic/telekinesis would be better. Or just Unknow and move the justifications to durability.

And Supergenius is reserved for characters who can craft Tier 2 or above reality warping technologies from scratch. Extrodinary Genius is basically the mind of a futuristic super computer. And Genius is basically what the worlds smartest people who ever lived IRL are.

Back