• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Armed With Wings Revisions

So after playing the game several times, i got down to checking the verse. And first of all Blackmist needs a profile. I will post all the scans i got.

https://media.discordapp.net/attach...640117501993/unknown.png?width=500&height=282

https://media.discordapp.net/attach...800293908528/unknown.png?width=500&height=282

https://media.discordapp.net/attach...849791021067/unknown.png?width=500&height=282

https://media.discordapp.net/attach...945672810548/unknown.png?width=500&height=282

https://media.discordapp.net/attach...194562547763/unknown.png?width=500&height=282

https://media.discordapp.net/attach...79005224968/unknown.png?width=1045&height=588

https://media.discordapp.net/attach...01546344449/unknown.png?width=1045&height=588

https://media.discordapp.net/attach...88473092107/unknown.png?width=1045&height=588

https://media.discordapp.net/attach...09031381012/unknown.png?width=1045&height=588

Ok so from what i got Blackmist is a shapeless being, and is described as "darkness" (even though it can control light) that created everything (i'll avoid using the term "world" here as it can have many meanings). I know there was something about this some time ago about Blackmist being a bit vague with the "world" statement, but judging from how there is not only a statement of "world" but "everything" and Vandheer Lorde stating this and this , it seems that Blackmist is a flat Universe level being or 3-A because he created everything in the universe (i don't think he can be called Low 2-C since it is never implied he created the universe itself (the timeline), but rather "makes up everything in the universe".

Other powers i believe can apply is Abstract Existence Type 1 (he is shapeless, darkness etc, all those statements), light and dark manipulation, soul manipulation, matter manipulation (due to making up everything in the world), Sealing (sealed Vandheer) Possession (since he can manifest as other beings like lone warrior or leo), Omnipresence (since everything is blackmist), likely Omniscience (if everything is him he would logically know about everything, but it is never stated), and Immortality type 8 (Due to being the universe itself it can never truly die as it will just reform itself, unless you destroy the universe but that's another deal).

Another thing that i'd like to talk about is scaling. All other characters would scale to 3-A Blackmist because:

Lone Warrior and Leo (both inherit blackmist, so they gain all of it's powers, they are somewhat stronger, but on a 3-A level that's not important)

Network (He has been constantly said to be Blackmist's sworn enemy and is absolutely equal to him as it has been stated and shown when they both obliterated each-other during their fight)

Vandheer because Network gives him his power to fight an Armed With Wings Leo.

I agree with the power additions. Except Possession, since that's more Power Bestowal and Immortality type 8, since as you even yourself said, in order to "kill" Blackmist you need to essentially kill the universe, and that's not type 8. It's like saying you can't kill me if you just cut off a finger.

And I'm not sure that a profile for Blackmist is necessary though since (I haven't played the games in a good while so I might be wrong) the Blackmist, if I remember correctly, is a force not really a being.

And I disagree with 3-A. We don't know how big the universe is, we haven't even seen a good scene of the night sky. The best from the quotes that we can get is tier 4 sadly, since it mentions multiple stars.

I agree with the scaling.

Is it really possession? It feels more like Avatar Creation, seeing as how Leo literally became the will of Blackmist by the finale and has a serious Jesus thing going on with the whole virgin birth trope.

Also, wow. Never thought the verse I put together would get this big of an upgrade.

Ok makes sense.

No it's a being, he fights with network, in a cutscene and self eliminates along with him.

Well in the starry sky, the universe. It's a universe, there is no reason to assume the universe is not universal in size.

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
Is it really possession? It feels more like Avatar Creation, seeing as how Leo literally became the will of Blackmist by the finale and has a serious Jesus thing going on with the whole virgin birth trope.
Also, wow. Never thought the verse I put together would get this big of an upgrade.
I know right.

I don't remember the fight, it's been way too long I need to replay them, but I'm ok with it then.

I'm neutral on the universe bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PZNtstfdos Here is the fight. I guess it could be argued that that is lone warrior, but considering how the fight was commented it's blackmist himself. Because he even states "I am blackmist, the one who created this world".

There is 1 more thing though. Wouldn't the fact that he created "everything" mean a LOT. As in concept manip, creating souls, matter etc. Or should we just treat it as "he created all we see, so just souls and matter"?

Good point, I'm not sure. It might mean that it created everything physical. But I think something like "List of abilities..... and possibly Conceptual Manipulation, etc ,etc, etc". Would be a safe bet.

Actually if we take "created everything" to the absolute wank high end he should probably be "Tier 3-A (or what ever it is), possibly Low 2-C" since he would create the space-time as well.

Hmm with possibly would make sense. In that case, it would make him "possibly low 2-C" since if he created everything that could include time (wait that sounds wrong, i mean the timeline). Ok so the list of abilities i think could come from this:

Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2, light and darkness, i think these 2 are type 2 concepts. This would actually scale to his abstract existence as when people die they are said to turn into the darkness that created them).

Creation (obviously)

Law Manipulation

Reality Warping

Physics Manipulation

Any others?

I think so? I mean there are some contradictory stuff, like the link you just posted, as well as the need to put his powers into Armed with Wings characters. But that might be PIS or "part of the plan" or something, or maybe he the Blackmist itself can't actively interfere, or something along those lines.

Ogbunabali said:
I think so? I mean there are some contradictory stuff, like the link you just posted, as well as the need to put his powers into Armed with Wings characters. But that might be PIS or "part of the plan" or something, or maybe he the Blackmist itself can't actively interfere, or something along those lines.
Not really. More like he wants to do that, rather than needs to do that. He did summon himself against Network.

But i guess he can't be the universe, if he has to fight Network and be on part i guess nvm.

What are the summarised conclusions here?

Basically:

The creation of the Blackmist profile with a tiring of 3A possibly Low 2C. The abilities are as stated in the op without possession and immortality. Then possibly conceptual manip type 2, law manip, realty warp, and physics manip.

Then scaling everyone in the verse to 3A.

One question tho, why did you bring the the stars in the sky from Vandheer statement here? it's an obvious hyperbole

Konaguna said:
One question tho, why did you bring the the stars in the sky from Vandheer statement here? it's an obvious hyperbole
It's an AP hyperbole not a cosmology one. It serves to prove that it's not just a planet but an actual universe like ours.

So that's like what then? a confirmation for a 4-A world?

I've played all of the games, and while I am very excited about this I am not entirely convinced

Antvasima said:
What are the summarised conclusions here?
Well the Blackmist should get it's own profile.

Besides the powers he has from scaling from the other characters, he should have Abstract Existence (Type 1) (From being a shapeless everything force, etc), Light Manipulation and Darkness Manipulation (self explanatory), Soul Manipulation (From the Lone Warrior), Matter Manipulation (Created everything in the world), Sealing (Due to sealing Vandheer), Power Bestowal.

And (These are only possibly due to the Blackmist should probably created the concepts, etc as well as the material world) Possibly Conceptual Manipulation, Creation, Law Manipulation, Reality Warping, (Gives power to individuals and they become Armed with Wings), Omnipresence/Nigh-Omnipresence (Due to creating virtually everything and being a part of it), Omniscience/Nigh-Omniscience (same).

The tiers for the top tiers (Lone Warrior, Leo and Network I think they are all of them) as well as the Blackmist itself, should be "3-A , possibly Low 2-C". Due to creating the universe and possibly creating the space-time as well.

It is probably better to ask some other staff members to evaluate this, I am too tired and busy.

Vandheer should be on par with top tiers after he became the host for Network, since he pretty much fought against leo that fodorrized Network himself

Yeah true. Though I'm still uncertain about universe level myself, so staff input would be nice.

Konaguna said:
So that's like what then? a confirmation for a 4-A world?

I've played all of the games, and while I am very excited about this I am not entirely convinced
Yes but it is stated to be a universe. Why would it be smaller than normal?

Well the universe is stated to exist. Universes are universal in size unless we are proven otherwise or have clear contradictions on the point.

Back