• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MWI in One punch man

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, hello everyone,

I'm going to explain why I think mwi (manwy world interpretation) is applicable to the opm verse and its outlets.

Let me start with Schrödinger's cat experiment,
These principles also apply to one punch man because in a certain dimension something happens and this same thing is managed by our friends or this same thing is not managed, take boros for example, we knew he was defeated in the basic dimension that we all knew, but look closely in another dimension we can see boros living with blast. So in each dimension the wave function gives the probability of finding each timeline/object in such and such a state.

This is also supported by Tatsumaki, who says that blast can travel across dimensions. Tatsumaki declares that blast is in another dimension.

Blast travels to a completely different dimension with Boros still alive and different people still unseen in the main dimension. When Blast travels through dimensions, he makes an infinity sign, so we can think that he could travel in an infinite number of dimensions and therefore exist in an infinite number of dimensions with an infinite number of changes.

"Yes, but it could simply be another of the boros species", and I would simply say no, all his people have been annihilated.

In addition, genos also addresses the mwi theory, saying that he suspected that the core came from one of the innumerable parallel worlds also supporting why and how mwi would exist in the verse.

Next, the outlets, the entity named "god" is found to be "the structural diagram of the universe".
The Universe, in the cosmological sense, is the totality of everything that exists, described on the basis of scientific observations and governed by physical laws. So not necessarily a single universe. it would make sense because god is associated with opm's cosmology so everything.

Last edited:
These principles also apply to one punch man because in a certain dimension something happens and this same thing is managed by our friends or this same thing is not managed, take boros for example, we knew he was defeated in the basic dimension that we all knew, but look closely in another dimension we can see boros living with blast.</a> So in each dimension the wave function gives the probability of finding each timeline/object in such and such a state.
We don't know if that is Boros or not yet.

First of all, hello everyone,

I'm going to explain why I think mwi (manwy world interpretation) is applicable to the opm verse and its outlets.

Let me start with Schrödinger's cat experiment,
These principles also apply to one punch man because in a certain dimension something happens and this same thing is managed by our friends or this same thing is not managed, take boros for example, we knew he was defeated in the basic dimension that we all knew, but look closely in another dimension we can see boros living with blast.</a> So in each dimension the wave function gives the probability of finding each timeline/object in such and such a state.

This is also supported by Tatsumaki, who says that blast can travel across dimensions. Tatsumaki declares that blast is in another dimension.

Blast travels to a completely different dimension with Boros still alive and different people still unseen in the main dimension. When Blast travels through dimensions, he makes an infinity sign, so we can think that he could travel in an infinite number of dimensions and therefore exist in an infinite number of dimensions with an infinite number of changes.

"Yes, but it could simply be another of the boros species", and I would simply say no, all his people have been annihilated.

Next, the outlets, the entity named "god" is found to be "the structural diagram of the universe".
The Universe, in the cosmological sense, is the totality of everything that exists, described on the basis of scientific observations and governed by physical laws. So not necessarily a single universe. it would make sense because god is associated with opm's cosmology so everything.
this crt has a case, but there isnt enough evidence at this moment, put me down as neutral

Where is your scan for Boros being the last of his race?
please excuse my clumsiness I had the wrong translation it says he's the strongest of his species and not the last. But that doesn't change the fact that Blast traveled to another dimension to bring the characters back to his side.

🗿

Something like this isn't gonna fly as it's heavy and baseless extrapolation. It's just a symbol and you can't really gleam much from it.

This is basically a huge stretch, with no actual evidence for MWI. At best, you get the flimsy evidence of another Boros, which doesn't evidence MWI. Genos referencing MWI either doesn't matter, considering he's literally talking about it as a theory. It's also a theory in real life, but it's not inherently true.

This is basically a huge stretch, with no actual evidence for MWI. At best, you get the flimsy evidence of another Boros, which doesn't evidence MWI. Genos referencing MWI either doesn't matter, considering he's literally talking about it as a theory. It's also a theory in real life, but it's not inherently true.
By assuming that there can be another boros you assume the theory of multiple worlds (with schroedinger's cat etc etc). And genos talks about this theory in particular because it might be applicable in the verse, himself explaining that the nucleus would come from one of the innumerable universes as suggested by mwi. But in this case mwi is correctly deduced by means of proof, it is not contradicted and it would be reasonable to accept it.

Yeah there really isn’t any concrete evidence suggesting mwi just a bunch of assumptions but I’m not against it though I definitely see it as a possibility in the future.

For Reasons Above

Too many assumptions, very little evidence, etc. I'm not convinced unless future manga chapters provide actual solid evidence

I admit that I don't understand certain things. What would be, in your opinion, evidence of the application of the MWI in opm aside from its explicit mention

Those are all decanonized scans and we have no idea if that is Boros or just a member of his race.

A dimension can be a subspace but alright

Blast travels to a completely different dimension with Boros still alive and different people still unseen in the main dimension. When Blast travels through dimensions, he makes an infinity sign, so we can think that he could travel in an infinite number of dimensions and therefore exist in an infinite number of dimensions with an infinite number of changes
Making an infinity sign means absolutely nothing. It's a flashy symbol and that's it. There's also no indication that there's alternate universes for now.

In addition, genos also addresses the mwi theory, saying that he suspected that the core came from one of the innumerable parallel worlds also supporting why and how mwi would exist in the verse
Your link is broken but Genos' MWI doesn't work in the way you're suggesting. Because Saitama rewrote history and prevented the Coamic Garou fight that means they're aren't different universes but a singular one that can be changed with time travel.

This is statement is at beat a 3-A or Low 2-C one, but we have zero evidence to back this up.

In addition God is currently sealed away in the future and would need to travel back in time once unsealed. This would again break the idea of multiple differing timelines.

Overall a solid disagree. We have to wait for significantly more evidence before any change of this magnitude can take place.

Since this has been completely rejected, I'll be closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back