• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armed With Wings Revision

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
There's plenty to change on the profiles.

To start off, the justification for AP that is currently used is this calc, in which the Lone Warrior reduces a massive stone to dust or vapour with a single blow. As a calculation by itself, and the feat taken at face value, this is fine.

However, this feat lacks the wider context of Armed With Wings' universe. In the universe, everything comes from Blackmist, which is explicitly both a material (Or at least the most basic state of matter) and an entity that embodies it. When anything is destroyed, it turns back into blackmist, which takes the shape of, well... A black mist. What I'm saying isn't something stated lorewise. Rather, it's something that is actively shown. In any game of the series, including the video I posted, anything and everyone who dies turns into a black mist. I'm not finding it at the moment, but there's also a direct statement along the lines of "from blackmist we came, to blackmist we will return". So, while the feat itself is fine, and it is a better feat than just breaking the wall (to reduce something from a solid state to blackmist, without it breaking into rubble first, requires much more strength than merely parting it), it cannot be properly calculated or analysed aside from being unquantifiably better than fragmenting.

The other thing is more straightforward. The characters never dodged lightning. At least, not true, ground-to-lightning. Heck, it is unclear if the feat, as described on the profiles, even is done by electricity. I've re-watched all Vandheer Lorde fights and got all the clips. Armed with Wings 1: It could easily be energy, and if it was electricity, it fills the requisites for magical, not natural lightning. Armed with Wings 2: Despite playing as Vandheer Lorde, there is no lightning bolt or even electrical power shown in the whole game, there's an electricity-elemental blade but it doesn't create bolts, even ones that fill the requisites for magical ones. Armed with Wings 3: Again, in no fight that Leo gets into, with neither Vandheer Lorde or Network, does anyone show lightning bolts. Armed with Wings - Red Moon: This time, Vandheer Lorde actually manipulates electricity. Problem is: Once again, the lightning isn't shown to be cloud-to-ground, he unleashes electrical waves from his sword, and on a very telegraphed attack, makes electricity burst from the ground on an explosion. There's also this moment, that may or may not be electricity, but again, it isn't natural electricity. Armed with Wings - Culmination: No character in that game seem to use electricity-based powers. Armed with Wings - Rearmed: The sole instance of anyone using electircal powers in that game is by the Lone Warrior... who coats his blade in electricity, nothing more.

Point is, no moment in-game seems to have cloud-to-ground lightning or a statement that would make any electrical attack to have the speed of a lightning bolt.

What would my suggestions be? Well, I suppose that, assuming the first feat's revision is accepted, the calculation could be remade (As much as I dislike calcs) considering the yield of fragmentation, as fragmentation is still explicitly shown to exist in-universe (a good example here but there's many in all games, except maybe 1), and reducing something to blackmist is higher than that. As for speed, they'd be sadly bumped down to Subsonic as far as I remember of feats. There's multiple instances of people moving so quickly that they disappear from view or they blur when moving, Leo can easily react to and dodge arrows, and there's two instances of the Lone Warrior reacting to several of Vandheer Lorde's projectiles, when they are quick enough to blur.

But there's also some things to add.

Stamina: There are plenty of feats, and all the profiles ought to have more clarified stamina sections. All characters, even mooks, can be noted to fight for extended periods of time even while wounded, with most characters being able to do so even after long journeys without resting. Most characters scale as above a story-important, if weak member of Vandheer Lorde's faction, that can survive for what seemed to be hours after being impaled on the gut quite violently with a sword, although she was incapacitated from it. (Context: Vandheer had ben travelling out for a long time, and he came back with her still alive) Most characters should also scale to Eivana and Hawken, and they, alongside Vandheer Lorde, could train together for hours nonstop.

LS: I'm sure I'm missing plenty of feats here, so I'll probably comment here after I'm finished looking up a little more, but the characters can have some feats to scale them above. The eagle can lift some quite hefty iron weights. Network can break necks telekinectically, and at that point of time, he was still weak enough that Eivana thought that Vandheer Lorde could defeat him in direct combat, so Vandheer could likely scale to him. Network also has a feat of lifting Eivana with one hand quite easily, but at that point he'd already scale to Blackmist, who is all the matter of the universe embodied, so...

New Powers:
  • Resistance to Death & Matter Manipulation: Most characters should have this. The mere touch from a Blade of Eden can cause instantaneous death and destroys blackmist, the very matter that composes things. Vandheer Lorde tanks being struck by them as if they were normal blades, as do the resurrected rebel leaders from the same game, the Lone Warrior and Hawken. Considering that all characters that resisted it were either exceptional (Vandheer Lorde) or protected by a superior power (Lone Warrior by Blackmist, Hawken and the rebel captains by the Lone Warrior, maybe even Vandheer was by Network), this should scale only to them and, naturally, Blackmist and Network. Mooks can survive these blows as well but they really shouldn't scale.
  • Resistance to Fire, Ice and Electricity: From what I understand, those powers are now treated as having a certain degree of durability negation. All non-mook characters, even the minibosses, can tank the powers of people like Quema Tormenta, non-blessed Lone Warrior and from many other people who have such powers.
  • Acrobactics: The characters of Armed with Wingsall fight by doing leaps, bounds, acrobactics and all sorts of moves, and most characters can reliably leap dozens of meters high on a single bound.
  • Accelerated Development: Leo should have this, virtue of him being able to learn martial arts and sword-fighting styles in what is instantaneous in-game, and should be a few hours at most storyline-wise. The entire martial arts stance system and how you learn them is proof of this.
  • Extrasensory Perception: The Lone Warrior should have this. He can feel those that have been Armed with Wings. A very limited form of it, but hey, it's there.
I'd also like to revise the profiles, as to conform to the new reference standards, and give better explanations for the feats.

There might be a few things missing, but most things should be here.

I've just noticed that AshBelt was launched, and Culmination 2.0 beta is out. I'll check them out too, brb.

Update: Nah, nothing really new. Ashbelt so far didn't seem to have any obvious lore connections, and even if it did, the feats are nothing new to the series.

So the CRT stays as it is.

However, this feat lacks the wider context of Armed With Wings' universe. In the universe, everything comes from Blackmist, which is explicitly both a material (Or at least the most basic state of matter) and an entity that embodies it. When anything is destroyed, it turns back into blackmist, which takes the shape of, well... A black mist. What I'm saying isn't something stated lorewise. Rather, it's something that is actively shown. In any game of the series, including the video I posted, anything and everyone who dies turns into a black mist. I'm not finding it at the moment, but there's also a direct statement along the lines of "from blackmist we came, to blackmist we will return". So, while the feat itself is fine, and it is a better feat than just breaking the wall (to reduce something from a solid state to blackmist, without it breaking into rubble first, requires much more strength than merely parting it), it cannot be properly calculated or analysed aside from being unquantifiably better than fragmenting.
Fair play. I'm not a calc member, but I think using fragmenting as a low ball alternative should be fine.

Resistance to Fire, Ice and Electricity: From what I understand, those powers are now treated as having a certain degree of durability negation. All non-mook characters, even the minibosses, can tank the powers of people like Quema Tormenta, non-blessed Lone Warrior and from many other people who have such powers.
I think we no longer give resistances on such things for games just because someone got hit with an elemental attack unless resistances are mentioned.

I agree with everything else.

Also, Vandheer tanks this in the comics if it's calcable.
Oh wow, I didn't know the comcis were a thing! I've heard of them, but I thought the project was discontinued for something, I couldn't find them at all. It looks great!

I looked on the Facebook page, and if the artwork is canonical, Vandheer might have another Class 1 feat, by snapping a man's metal weapon in two with one hand.
I think we no longer give resistances on such things for games just because someone got hit with an elemental attack unless resistances are mentioned.
I'm glad, it'd be weird to assign those resistances to them as the characters receive normal damage from it and the elemental attacks are rather unremarkable.

Oh wow, I didn't know the comcis were a thing! I've heard of them, but I thought the project was discontinued for something, I couldn't find them at all. It looks great!
Daniel hasn't made new ones in a long time because they're busy, but you can find them on the official discord. That's where they're posted.

I looked on the Facebook page, and if the artwork is canonical, Vandheer might have another Class 1 feat, by snapping a man's metal weapon in two with one hand.
This?

Back