• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maitreya’s 2024 Profile Revisions: Version Marvel’s Spider-Man 2!!

When Peter was going to kill Kraven he was going to break his neck or choke him. He wasn't punching any harder than he already was.

I have no idea what substantiates this claim of yours but Peter was literally shown to hold back less against Kraven when provoked by him.

So Peter definitely stopped pulling his punches enough to accomplish what miles could not.

We didn't see how Kraven vs Miles went down.

We don’t have to see it. We know Kraven takes his opponents head on so if Miles scaled to Sym Pete in any way shape or form we would’ve at least seen some form of damage or at least slight exhaustion from Kraven.. we see nothing of that sorts.

Just because it’s offscreen doesn’t mean we disregard it and pretend it didn’t happen.

Well that’s it for me, I pick the OP’s suggestion… although I believe anti venom isn’t as strong as venom tho.

I’m gonna make this response shorter as to address the points I feel really need to be addressed and then work on a final scaling chain post.

If you choose not to pay attention to detail, there's nothing I can do for you other than ignore you.
No evidence for the claim provided and thus the claim can be dismissed. If you don’t wish to actually attempt to prove your claims then the only option left is to simply ignore whatever claim you try to make.
How am I cherry-picking when you're literally using the only line referencing anything about killing in a 20+ minute fight where Miles doesn't say anything about killing, but instead, punishment?
Because you’re ignoring the line the line and dismissing it to try and suit your point. Even before this Miles implies he wanted to kill Li like with his conversation with Ganke. Miles just wanted to kill Li in the moment but ultimately decides not to in the end. That’s it, no more needs to be said. You trying to say Miles wasn’t actively fighting to kill the man who murdered his father goes directly against what Miles said.
I don't know how answering your question has nothing to do with your point. Are you lost? Miles's own venom attacks don't hurt him (durability), but Rhino's attacks do; Rhino can also take multiple venom strikes. Therefore, Rhino is comparable to venom strikes. Argue with the durability page from here on. Don't argue with me cause I'm gonna ignore it.
But Rhino’s attacks are weaker than Miles’s venom attacks though. See weaker, weaker weaker weaker. The writers show Rhino being weaker than Miles’ venom attacks. Rhino can still be comparable to his Venom attacks but still be weaker than them at the same time. It’s called back scaling.
His veins literally turn black as soon as he's stabbed, and it continues to visibly spread. More evidence that you don't know the game.
Is he being affected by hallucination which is what Scorpion’s position causes? No, then he’s not being affected by Scorpion’s poison. This point is just wrong.
"Dominating" Kraven is also a very generous choice word because at no point was it a one-sided match against Kraven until he offered himself up to Peter to kill him while he was still capable of fighting. Nothing you said here defeated my argument.
Kraven did not “offer” himself up to Peter while he was able to continue fighting. Thats just flat out wrong. He told Peter to stop holding back and then Peter “dominated” him. It’d be the right word to use because Peter put Kraven dead to rights and was literally about to kill him which Miles even said.
Plot. Argue with the writers. Peter stating he has to fight smart with Rhino because he can't win a slugfest falls directly in line with how the fight is designed.
And you can argue with the writers about Peter being strong enough to knock Rhino on his ass and block his punches. Peter stating he can’t win in a slug fest against Rhino doesn’t dispute the fact that Peter is capable of harming the Rhino which falls directly in line with the cutscenes we see of Peter interacting against the Rhino.
Ok...so Miles going through all of that, then immediately getting back on his feats and smoking Rhino...versus being injured from being thrown at a headstone. You either don't know what an outlier is, or you're intentionally playing dumb.
You either don’t know what my argument is or are intentionally playing dumb because nothing you said here addresses my argument. Rhino is weaker than Miles’ venom attacks, Rhino is still able to harm Miles despite being weaker than his venom attacks (shown in the link you provided). That proves your point wrong about needed equal to or greater strength than Miles’ venom attacks to be able to harm Miles.

By your logic we should upgrade everyone to High 7-C since that’s the level of power Miles was able to let out with his venom attack. So literally we should upgrade everyone to High 7-C here.
Peter threw a multi-ton concrete pipe at Rhino while he was off-guard and only knocks him to one knee. He throws a 175-pound man at him, and he gets clotheslined. There's nothing consistent about that unless you try to make an outrageous argument. But Peter scales below Rhino by his own words and feats. None of this arguing changes that fact. I'm ending this Rhino talk here.
You’re being disingenuous and not addressing the argument at hand. Peter can be weaker to Rhino but still scale to him, none of this arguing changes that fact which you have yet to address. You just say Peter’s weaker when no one said he’s stronger than Rhino, your argument is that Peter doesn’t scale to Rhino at all which is demonstrably false and have demonstrated multiple times now. The fact that Peter can drop Rhino on his ass or on his knees and block punches from his prove that fact and no amount of your “consistency” whining changes that fact that Peter is still strong enough to scale to Rhino despite being weaker.
"Peter's showing is superior." Miles didn't even fight him, so idk what you're talking about. Just making up more stories.
Running away from someone because you’re afraid they’re gonna kill you is an inferior showing to actively dominating that same person because you’re superior to them.

But was Peter being influenced by Venom to kill during his fight with Miles? I'd say there's a pretty big difference between spewing out hate, jealousy, and your addiction to the black suit rather than wanting to kill, considering that's something Peter would almost never rather do
Right but exactly that’s my point. Like you said that it doesn’t make sense for Peter to be holding back his physicals but not holding back his words and I’m pointing out an instance where Peter is still holding back his physicals while clearly not holding back his words. Peter holding back against Kraven is instance enough that he would be holding back against someone like Miles.

I have no idea what substantiates this claim of yours but Peter was literally shown to hold back less against Kraven when provoked by him.

So Peter definitely stopped pulling his punches enough to accomplish what miles could not.
"You still hold back.....Kill or be killed" Peter immediately goes to break his neck. The fight????? Literally their last interaction. I also didn't make this claim, you literally put words in my mouth.
We don’t have to see it. We know Kraven takes his opponents head on so if Miles scaled to Sym Pete in any way shape or form we would’ve at least seen some form of damage or at least slight exhaustion from Kraven.. we see nothing of that sorts.

Just because it’s offscreen doesn’t mean we disregard it and pretend it didn’t happen.
You don't know how it happened to make any assumption. Miles was on his knees after using venom before Kraven walked up on him. So all we know is Miles was already in a disadvantageous state.

Well that’s it for me, I pick the OP’s suggestion… although I believe anti venom isn’t as strong as venom tho.
Nobody thinks that (I hope.)

Scaling chain:​

The scaling chain I’m proposing largely follows the post I made before outlining what I believe to be the appropriate scaling chain of the series:

In Regards to the Scaling Chain:​

I’m gonna be posting the scaling chain I have as well as the justifications for it since I believe it can be reasoned out as this is the real final thing that needs to be discussed:

Li<Peter​

My reasoning for this is pretty straightforward, in two entire separate confrontation, one of which Peter was weakened and injured in, Peter has directly beaten Li, while holding back no less too. Peter has clear feats of being superior to Lo like how he kicks through Li’s own manifested demon so again I think it’s fair to say Peter is above Li. This does not cause issues for the scaling chain as Miles himself has shown to be above Li and clearly overpowers his defenses with his venom attacks. Li was also actively shown to be chaining up his inner demon against Miles unlike against Peter and Li himself draws power off of his negative emotions to subdue any notions that Li somehow got so much stronger while in prison.

Peter<Miles​

I don’t think this one is too controversial of a take. Miles and Peter should be comparable to each other in base with Miles’ venom attacks being superior to Peter’s base strength. I also believe I have a solution for the Miles scaling. Since Miles has two versions of his venom blasts, with his blue version being explicitly stronger than his orange, the scaling chain and tier system between Peter and Miles should looking something like this:

Peter~Miles (tier 8-A+)<Miles orange Venom(8-A+ value)<Miles blue venom (baseline low 7-C value)

Miles<Kraven<Symbiote Peter​

This one I also believe to be straightforward and understandable given the narrative of the series. Kraven not only directly beats Miles himself after fighting Li, and even if you want to argue he was “weakened” from fighting Li then that just proves the scaling chain even further. But also the whole narrative of the story actively showcases Kraven wanting black suit Spider-Man in specific. He’s described as being “special” compared to the rest of the rogues gallery he’s fought. And actively uses Miles as bait simply to draw Peter to stop holding back as much.

It would make no sense, both story wise and game wise, if Miles is above Kraven and Peter then it would make no sense for Kraven to actively be pursuing Peter over Miles while all the hunters constantly praise Peter as being “the one” who’s suitable enough to take Kraven down.

To completely cement this notion, this idea gets further proven by the showings in the game.

Kraven is shown to absolutely dominate and stand stock still against Scorpion’s attacks while Miles is shown to be able to be damaged by Scorpion and struggles against his grip. This is the same opponent and Kraven shows a considerably and noticeably better performance against Scorpion than Miles did. Miles struggles against Scorpion while Kraven overpowers him, clear as is.

Peter is shown to completely overpower and easily handle Kraven the minute he started to stop holding back as much. If Miles is stronger than symbiote Peter then it makes no real sense that he lost to Kraven since he should be able to easily overpower him like Peter did. Even the argument that “oh Miles was weakened against Li” proves the scaling chain since Miles, even when fighting with intent to kill, is able to be “exhausted” by Li, but meanwhile Peter is able to decimate an entire Hunter’s camp + Kraven himself (who’s superior to Li) while Kraven was utilizing his weakness and Peter was still holding back and not be exhausted by him. But Miles gets “weakened” by someone who’s inferior to Kraven himself.

Looking at their respective performances against the Lizard. Miles is shown to be actively running away from the Lizard, citing how he “doesn’t want to be Lizard food” and would rather tag team the Lizard. And meanwhile Peter is shown to be superior to the Lizard on multiple occasions and is also shown to absolutely dominate him in a direct 1v1 confrontation. There’s absolutely no evidence that Miles can so easily overpower the Lizard like Peter was shown to be able to do because the confrontations we have seen between Miles and the Lizard actively show that Miles is fearful and does not want to engage in a 1v1 against the Lizard like Peter has done, which wouldn’t make sense if Miles is allegedly so much more powerful than the Lizard like Peter is.

So to recap:

Miles is shown to struggle and be hurt by Scorpion while Kraven easily overpowers him.

Miles fights Li and then loses to Kraven while Peter fights a whole Hunter’s base and then easily overpowers Kraven.

Miles actively runs away and does not want to fight the Lizard 1v1 while Peter is shown to consistently dominate and overpower the Lizard single-handedly.

So conclusion is that the scaling chain of Miles<Kraven<Symbiote Spider-Man is one that is pretty consistent with both the in game showings and the narrative of the story as well.

Symbiote Spider-Man<Venom<Mutated Venom​

This one shouldn’t be controversial at all really and one that should be agreed with by essentially everyone so I won’t go into it.

These are the scaling chains I defined that I believe to be more than backed by the actual story itself in the verse and what I see as making the most sense.

However I’d just like to clarify a couple things in regards to my scaling chain and revise it based on input and arguments that have been made:

Anti-Venom=Black Suit Spider-Man.​

I think this is both logically and narratively appropriate. Peter only states that the Anti-Venom suit gives him the same power as the regular Symbiote suit. He makes no mention of him getting stronger thanks to the Anti-Venom suit compared to the venom Symbiote. While Peter’s Anti-Venom suit may be able to beat regular BS Spider-Man in a fight, this is only due to the added properties Anti-Venom has against symbiotes and not due to some added strength buff the Anti-Venom suit gives compared to the regular Symbiote suit. So it makes no sense to me why one would be stronger than the other and I think should be scaled as equivalent to one another.

Peter and Miles’ performance against Venom​

As a last point I’d like to mention, I think looking at Peter and Miles’ respective performances against Venom as I think it’s a good indication of the point I’m making regarding the scaling chain.

How the fight goes is like this:

First Peter has an extended, multi stage 1v1 fight against Venom while Miles and MJ are busy securing the meteorite.

Afterwards, Peter is knocked out by Venom and Miles has his own multi stage boss fight against Venom. This ultimately ends in Miles requiring to be saved by MJ and Peter waking up to once again take on Venom.

Peter and Miles then go chase after Venom. Miles gets knocked to the side while Peter and Venom have a brief 1v1 with Venom once more before Miles eventually joins back into the fight to briefly 2v1 Venom. Peter actually gets the upper hand against Venom during their 1v1 and could’ve finished him off but was actively trying to reason with Harry instead.

After Peter and Miles’ brief 2v1, Peter again singlehandedly holds Venom back by a 1v1 where Peter again has the opportunity to finish Venom off but chooses not to due to Harry being his friend.

Peter is then shown to hold Venom’s entire body back for an extended period of time while in comparison, Miles is shown to be losing to a struggle between him and Venom using only one hand and has to again be saved by MJ.

I think overall Peter has the better showings against Venom than Miles does as he takes on Venom multiple times for longer periods of times than Miles does, performs superior showings like how he is able to hold all of Venom back while Miles loses in a struggle against Venom just using one arm. As well as the fact that multiple times throughout the fight Peter could’ve finished Venom off earlier, but chose not to due to his personal attachment with Harry.

In regards to Miles’ Scaling.​

I think based on the arguments that have been made that Miles by the end of the game is >=Kraven. While it would remain weird to me that Kraven is so throughly interested in Peter as opposed to Miles if he was indeed actually stronger than Kraven himself and personally I don’t think makes sense story wise for why he would beat down so easily an opponent that’s stronger than him, however I think the argument could be made that late game Miles should be at least equaling if not slightly superior to Kraven himself based on his showings. Generally I think equal to or slightly superior/inferior to Kraven would make the most sense scaling wise based on the context, narrative, and showings in the game.

I 100% agree but we have to be consistent about it
I honestly don’t mind removing the MHS+ ratings all together. The rating was just on the original profiles so I didn’t bother to change them, but if it’s best for them to be removed then they can be. Or does that need to be done in a separate CRT?

In regards to Kraven’s profile I need to make a new one as the one being used in the OP was made by someone else and needs some edits to be made to it, however the rest of the profiles are good for evaluation if you have the time for it. Thanks very much.

"You still hold back.....Kill or be killed" Peter immediately goes to break his neck. The fight????? Literally their last interaction. I also didn't make this claim, you literally put words in my mouth.

I honestly don’t even know the point of this. Sorry.

If you didn’t make the claim… let me ask you. does Peter stop holding back against Kraven or not?

Because Peter got caught lacking and nearly lost until Kraven said he shouldn’t hold back… immediately after that Peter overpowers Kraven easily before the whole choking out thing you’re talking about. The end of the fight is not even the only time Kraven says stop holding back… we literally see him creating a situation where if Peter kept holding back his strength to get out of his cage it led to consequences before their fight. It’s pretty clear Kraven made Peter stronger to make his death more satisfying.

You don't know how it happened to make any assumption. Miles was on his knees after using venom before Kraven walked up on him. So all we know is Miles was already in a disadvantageous state.
Can you show me this? I’d like to see what you consider disadvantageous despite these guys probably shrugging off much worse.

Anti-Venom=Black Suit Spider-Man.​

I think this is both logically and narratively appropriate. Peter only states that the Anti-Venom suit gives him the same power as the regular Symbiote suit. He makes no mention of him getting stronger thanks to the Anti-Venom suit compared to the venom Symbiote. While Peter’s Anti-Venom suit may be able to beat regular BS Spider-Man in a fight, this is only due to the added properties Anti-Venom has against symbiotes and not due to some added strength buff the Anti-Venom suit gives compared to the regular Symbiote suit. So it makes no sense to me why one would be stronger than the other and I think should be scaled as equivalent to one another.

The symbiote powers are similar but the final fight made it apparent that Miles is comparable to Anti Venom Peter and that Anti Venom Peter is weaker than Venom.

I mean the only reason Peter could keep up with Venom is due to his anti venom properties.

What Peter meant by “no voices but same power” is that the symbiote powers are similar to his. I don’t think after everything that Peter meant level of power. Otherwise he wouldn’t even need anti venom properties to keep up.

What Peter meant by “no voices but same power” is that the symbiote powers are similar to his. I don’t think after everything that Peter meant level of power. Otherwise he wouldn’t even need anti venom properties to keep up.
Venom is stronger than Peter with the symbiote suit. He grows stronger after he leaves Peter and joins back up with Harry.

Peter makes a comment saying how Venom is what he eventually would’ve become if he kept the Symbiote suit on longer. Harry had a deeper connection with Venom which is why Dr.Connors said they needed to kill Harry instead of being able to take the Symbiote off of him.

The Anti-Venom suit essentially mimics in every capacity what Peter could do when he was wearing the regular Symbiote suit so I don’t see a reason why it should be rated as weaker when there’s no real indication as such.

I honestly don’t even know the point of this. Sorry.

If you didn’t make the claim… let me ask you. does Peter stop holding back against Kraven or not?
The answer isn't black or white. When Kraven is overpowering Peter, he says kill or be killed, and Peter attacks Kraven with tentacles. Zero resistance, no attempt to fight back. If I had to make an educated guess, Kraven knew Peter was stronger all along; he sensed his killing intent and literally gave his body away. Before this point, Peter was still holding back. So, there's no ground to say Peter was no longer holding back and destroying Kraven - it simply didn't happen that way.
Because Peter got caught lacking and nearly lost until Kraven said he shouldn’t hold back… immediately after that Peter overpowers Kraven easily before the whole choking out thing you’re talking about. The end of the fight is not even the only time Kraven says stop holding back… we literally see him creating a situation where if Peter kept holding back his strength to get out of his cage it led to consequences before their fight. It’s pretty clear Kraven made Peter stronger to make his death more satisfying.
Just because Kraven said "don't hold back" many times doesn't mean Peter listened. The fact that Peter finally decided to get serious after Kraven was about to bust his skull is direct evidence of that. His desires were unfulfilled until that final moment.
Can you show me this? I’d like to see what you consider disadvantageous despite these guys probably shrugging off much worse.
Here. After fighting Li and using a venom blast, Miles can't even stand up. And Kraven is about to demolish him in spite of this.
This. For all intents and purposes, Venom had the "full" symbiote. Peter had an undisclosed remainder at the sub-cellular level. It wouldn't make sense for Peter to have his original symbiote strength with a fraction of the symbiote remaining when Venom's offspring are nowhere near as strong as him and get clapped without symbiote powers.

Okay that makes sense.

Do we differentiate Miles charged attacks from his regular ones?
The only "charged" attack in the sense I think you mean is his mega venom blast "ultimate" which is evolved blue in SM2 but orange in SM:MM. But it would be treated differently than the super blast he used at roxxon because that was a one-time thing.

• SM2 Scaling ONLY. I'm also suggesting Miles gets two keys, one after the first Li awakening because he K.O.s Kraven and fights Black Suit Peter. Then, after the second Li awakening when Peter gets Anti-Venom and he fights Venom. Otherwise, it kinda makes no sense since Miles fights somebody that stomped the guy that stomped him earlier in the day, all in the same key. And it makes sense, given Miles had two power-ups before and after Kraven.

• Black Suit Spiderman is a weaker symbiote than Venom because Venom has a perfect bond, regardless of Peter holding back and literally being superhuman. Miles being able to fight Venom (who doesn't hold back afaik) should put him above black suit Peter at a minimum. Not to mention, the symbiote gets stronger from being in contact with Peter.

• Li and Miles would both downscale from Kraven. Li would downscale from Miles. Anti-Venom Peter only had a portion of the symbiote remaining and all of Li's power. He should be questionably greater than or equal to his black suit form, which was 100% symbiote and 0% Li and still above Li.

• 1st awakening Miles reasons listed here (quoted below) + he one shot a weakened Kraven who was still capable of harming Black Suit Peter

• Black suit Peter showed no evidence of being weakened or injured after fighting Kraven, especially since he held back the entire time. At most, he's fatigued.
  • 2nd awakening, can keep up with Anti-Venom Peter and fight Venom without completely relying on zappy pops
  • We can figure out the side shows like Lizard after.

----

1. Mid Miles

Base Peter < Li < Miles (1st awakening) < Kraven < Miles (2nd Awakening) <= BS Spiderman <= AV Spiderman < Venom

2. Based Miles

Base Peter < Li < Miles (1st awakening) <= Kraven < BS Spiderman < Miles (2nd awakening, can keep up with Anti-Venom Peter and fight Venom without completely relying on zappy pops) <= AV Spiderman < Venom

3. OP's scaling

Li < Base Peter < Miles < Kraven < Black Suit Peter <=? Anti-Venom Peter < Venom < Venom with wings

Feel free to add personal scaling opinions as well.
Either the first or second for me

honestly don’t mind removing the MHS+ ratings all together. The rating was just on the original profiles so I didn’t bother to change them, but if it’s best for them to be removed then they can be. Or does that need to be done in a separate CRT?
Speed would be a different CRT.

For the rating though Karven's speed would just get a "Hypersonic" to match Spider-Man's speed.

In addition the Class M scaling needs a calc attached to it since I'm not seeing an actual Class M justification anywhere.

Speed would be a different CRT.

For the rating though Karven's speed would just get a "Hypersonic" to match Spider-Man's speed.

In addition the Class M scaling needs a calc attached to it since I'm not seeing an actual Class M justification anywhere.
The whole thing needs a rework. Also, since you're here, what is your scaling preference?

Sorry school’s been a bit busy for me.

I’ll get some more staff to comment and update the profiles soon.

You were talking about needing votes for the CRT but the votes were for scaling
…..then it’s still the same since I need the same number of staff votes to approve the scaling as I do for the CRT, it’s all part of the thread.

…..then it’s still the same since I need the same number of staff votes to approve the scaling as I do for the CRT, it’s all part of the thread.
Only the final revisions need to be approved. The scaling vote is what the majority agree on to present to staff for said approval. Even though I don't think most staff members even follow this verse.

No I’m fairly certain it’s just a staff vote in general, regardless which scaling chain, it’d be up to staff votes to pick. Never have I ever seen this place go by pure majority agreement in threads.

Uh for just determining which scaling chain to go with verse supporters are free to figure that out themselves and when they do staff can okay or not okay it and so far a majority have agreed to the second scaling chain with ine admin approval of it as well I'd say that's more than enough.

So cqn you pleade stop stonewalling the crt and follow suit with what's been agreed upon

So cqn you pleade stop stonewalling the crt and follow suit with what's been agreed upon
My dude all I said was:

“Sorry been busy, will get more staff input and update the profiles soon.”

Literally that’s it. That’s it! That’s me trying to push this thread closer towards completion instead of it being kept stagnant. What happened after was you guys quoting me repeatedly after for such a nothing statement.

No part of that statement should’ve caused any kind of issue whatsoever. Even if it was entirely useless to bring in more staff (which I need to anyways to even bring this CRT to a close), it’s an entirely harmless thing to do that shouldn’t even be causing any kind of issues.

Literally the most bare bones, basic ass, harmless statement I could make and it somehow causes problems with you people. Like wtf???

Harry's profile:
Anywho, following up on this. Symbiotes have enhanced vision, as Peter can see Miles while invisible.

Symbiotes have instinctive reactions; based on the fact that Peter was and claimed to be sleeping during the night, the hunters raided May's house, and the Queensboro tunnel was destroyed. He also auto-dodged a hunter and stated, "That wasn't me."

Symbiote has shapeshifting since it can turn into various suits and a tuxedo.

Peter should have a stronger rating after touching the meteorite. Peter, after touching the meteorite, immediately became more evolved as a symbiote, which increases strength as the bond strengthens. As a result, Peter was stronger than he was when he fought Lizard. This doesn't apply to Venom - he was 100% evolved and nothing happened when joining the meteorite halves. He would probably have a stronger rating with the full meteorite - given he was morphing the entire city.

"Biological Manipulation & Disease Manipulation (The symbiote was capable of curing Harry of his genetic condition once bonded to him.)"
Venom isn't manipulating his disease, and the fact that Harry still has it after losing the suit means this ability is healing instead. Might have mentioned this before though.

Illusion creation obviously

That's all I feel like looking for rn. Black Cat's profile should have portal creation and planetary range with the Wand of Watoomb.

Back