• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maitreya’s 2024 Profile Revisions: Version Marvel’s Spider-Man 2!!

I don’t even think he was made weaker, Miles just has… better feats.
Well, he was stated to have stopped trains in the past to Wraith and not only failed to stop a single-car train but got pinned under it. He also had difficulty with the roller coaster at Coney Island with one arm, compared to moving armored trucks, small semis, and pulling an entire skyscraper crane in the first game. Miles having better feats is also true though.

Well, he was stated to have stopped trains in the past to Wraith and not only failed to stop a single-car train but got pinned under it. He also had difficulty with the roller coaster at Coney Island with one arm, compared to moving armored trucks, small semis, and pulling an entire skyscraper crane in the first game. Miles having better feats is also true though.
How old is Peter in the second game again? 25? Seems a bit odd from a realistic standpoint for him to be falling out of his "prime". Not trying to counter anything said, just saying it's odd.

Peter being above Li means he hits harder than (or close enough to) Miles's venom. Several fights contradict this. Peter gets K.O'd twice by natural lightning; Miles absorbing it and turning it into venom energy used to bisect Sandman contradicts this as well. The sooner people accept that Peter was made weaker to make room for Miles as the new #1 Spider-Man, the easier this will all be tbh.
There is quite literally zero evidence Peter was nerfed LMAO

People will sooner cope and try to argue Peter was nerfed than accept that Miles can have better feats than him (Spider-Man fan moment)
I think it has to do with how people were generally only exposed to Mile's existence through Spider-Verse, which blasted him into mainstream culture. So since Peter has had decades to gain a following behind his character, people will try to come up with "explanations" as to why he falters because people are nostalgic.

Doesn't make it less dumb

"Made weaker" as in jobbing to further give Miles the spotlight. Can we discuss something that matters again?

In Regards to the Scaling Chain:​

I’m gonna be posting the scaling chain I have as well as the justifications for it since I believe it can be reasoned out as this is the real final thing that needs to be discussed:

Li<Peter​

My reasoning for this is pretty straightforward, in two entire separate confrontation, one of which Peter was weakened and injured in, Peter has directly beaten Li, while holding back no less too. Peter has clear feats of being superior to Lo like how he kicks through Li’s own manifested demon so again I think it’s fair to say Peter is above Li. This does not cause issues for the scaling chain as Miles himself has shown to be above Li and clearly overpowers his defenses with his venom attacks. Li was also actively shown to be chaining up his inner demon against Miles unlike against Peter and Li himself draws power off of his negative emotions to subdue any notions that Li somehow got so much stronger while in prison.

Peter<Miles​

I don’t think this one is too controversial of a take. Miles and Peter should be comparable to each other in base with Miles’ venom attacks being superior to Peter’s base strength. I also believe I have a solution for the Miles scaling. Since Miles has two versions of his venom blasts, with his blue version being explicitly stronger than his orange, the scaling chain and tier system between Peter and Miles should looking something like this:

Peter~Miles (tier 8-A)<Miles orange Venom(8-A+ value)<Miles blue venom (baseline low 7-C value)

Miles<Kraven<Symbiote Peter​

This one I also believe to be straightforward and understandable given the narrative of the series. Kraven not only directly beats Miles himself after fighting Li, and even if you want to argue he was “weakened” from fighting Li then that just proves the scaling chain even further. But also the whole narrative of the story actively showcases Kraven wanting black suit Spider-Man in specific. He’s described as being “special” compared to the rest of the rogues gallery he’s fought. And actively uses Miles as bait simply to draw Peter to stop holding back as much.

It would make no sense, both story wise and game wise, if Miles is above Kraven and Peter then it would make no sense for Kraven to actively be pursuing Peter over Miles while all the hunters constantly praise Peter as being “the one” who’s suitable enough to take Kraven down.

To completely cement this notion, this idea gets further proven by the showings in the game.

Kraven is shown to absolutely dominate and stand stock still against Scorpion’s attacks while Miles is shown to be able to be damaged by Scorpion and struggles against his grip. This is the same opponent and Kraven shows a considerably and noticeably better performance against Scorpion than Miles did. Miles struggles against Scorpion while Kraven overpowers him, clear as is.

Peter is shown to completely overpower and easily handle Kraven the minute he started to stop holding back as much. If Miles is stronger than symbiote Peter then it makes no real sense that he lost to Kraven since he should be able to easily overpower him like Peter did. Even the argument that “oh Miles was weakened against Li” proves the scaling chain since Miles, even when fighting with intent to kill, is able to be “exhausted” by Li, but meanwhile Peter is able to decimate an entire Hunter’s camp + Kraven himself (who’s superior to Li) while Kraven was utilizing his weakness and Peter was still holding back and not be exhausted by him. But Miles gets “weakened” by someone who’s inferior to Kraven himself.

Looking at their respective performances against the Lizard. Miles is shown to be actively running away from the Lizard, citing how he “doesn’t want to be Lizard food” and would rather tag team the Lizard. And meanwhile Peter is shown to be superior to the Lizard on multiple occasions and is also shown to absolutely dominate him in a direct 1v1 confrontation. There’s absolutely no evidence that Miles can so easily overpower the Lizard like Peter was shown to be able to do because the confrontations we have seen between Miles and the Lizard actively show that Miles is fearful and does not want to engage in a 1v1 against the Lizard like Peter has done, which wouldn’t make sense if Miles is allegedly so much more powerful than the Lizard like Peter is.

So to recap:

Miles is shown to struggle and be hurt by Scorpion while Kraven easily overpowers him.

Miles fights Li and then loses to Kraven while Peter fights a whole Hunter’s base and then easily overpowers Kraven.

Miles actively runs away and does not want to fight the Lizard 1v1 while Peter is shown to consistently dominate and overpower the Lizard single-handedly.

So conclusion is that the scaling chain of Miles<Kraven<Symbiote Spider-Man is one that is pretty consistent with both the in game showings and the narrative of the story as well.

Symbiote Spider-Man<Venom<Mutated Venom​

This one shouldn’t be controversial at all really and one that should be agreed with by essentially everyone so I won’t go into it.

These are the scaling chains I defined that I believe to be more than backed by the actual story itself in the verse and what I see as making the most sense.

Dawg.......Just let it go, he wasn't even jobbing, Miles just has better feats 😭
JOBBING

Soooo

Anyone going to bring up the fight, and the context around it?

Miles doesn’t seem to be hurting Peter tbh. Even after taking the symbiote off Peter looks unscathed. Unless you mean the game mechanics with the HP and not cutscenes alone, I don’t think Miles is strong enough to beat this version Peter without that bell.

It’s highly likely Peter was holding back against miles too since we know he generally always holds back unless provoked.

This make sense since Kraven directly beats miles but loses to full power venom Peter.

Miles doesn’t seem to be hurting Peter tbh. Even after taking the symbiote off Peter looks unscathed. Unless you mean the game mechanics with the HP and not cutscenes alone, I don’t think Miles is strong enough to beat this version Peter without that bell.

It’s highly likely Peter was holding back against miles too since we know he generally always holds back unless provoked.

This make sense since Kraven directly beats miles but loses to full power venom Peter.
Yeah to add to this, the fact that Peter was still holding back against Kraven despite Venom yelling in his head “kill Kraven. Rip him apart.” Is evident enough that he’s not gonna be going all out against Miles who he actually cares about.

It only looks like the bell is useful for stunning Peter momentarily to get extra hits on him. Because even without using it, Peter gets damaged. And it's not just a game play thing, because unless my ears are playing tricks on me, I can hear Peter grunt when he's hit in the cutscenes. And right before Peter starts to come to his senses halfway through, we see Miles start to overtake him in clashes.
It doesn't look like Peter is holding back here, at least from the dialogue. Well, until halfway through the fight at least where Peter starts coming to his senses. Because before that, he's venting every frustration he has, and is quite pissed off.
Could make sense, just want more thoughts on it

Li<Peter​

My reasoning for this is pretty straightforward, in two entire separate confrontation, one of which Peter was weakened and injured in, Peter has directly beaten Li, while holding back no less too. Peter has clear feats of being superior to Lo like how he kicks through Li’s own manifested demon so again I think it’s fair to say Peter is above Li.
I'm honestly tired of this. You bring up the same points that don't mention anything that isn't debunked, and I hate repeating myself. We already discussed this. The demon is noncorporeal unless it is attacking. Peter kicking through a ghost isn't a feat. Idk how many times I asked you to watch the fight, and you clearly still haven't.
This does not cause issues for the scaling chain as Miles himself has shown to be above Li and clearly overpowers his defenses with his venom attacks. Li was also actively shown to be chaining up his inner demon against Miles unlike against Peter and Li himself draws power off of his negative emotions to subdue any notions that Li somehow got so much stronger while in prison.
Are you aware that the context of Li's fight with Miles was a fight to the death; otherwise, Kraven was going to kill him? He refused to let Miles kill him. In terms of the narrative, he would be fighting harder here than against Peter, clearly showcasing new skills at that. All this talk about chains is headcanon.

Peter<Miles​

I don’t think this one is too controversial of a take. Miles and Peter should be comparable to each other in base with Miles’ venom attacks being superior to Peter’s base strength. I also believe I have a solution for the Miles scaling. Since Miles has two versions of his venom blasts, with his blue version being explicitly stronger than his orange, the scaling chain and tier system between Peter and Miles should looking something like this:

Peter~Miles (tier 8-A)<Miles orange Venom(8-A+ value)<Miles blue venom (baseline low 7-C value)

Miles<Kraven<Symbiote Peter​

This one I also believe to be straightforward and understandable given the narrative of the series. Kraven not only directly beats Miles himself after fighting Li, and even if you want to argue he was “weakened” from fighting Li then that just proves the scaling chain even further. But also the whole narrative of the story actively showcases Kraven wanting black suit Spider-Man in specific. He’s described as being “special” compared to the rest of the rogues gallery he’s fought. And actively uses Miles as bait simply to draw Peter to stop holding back as much.

It would make no sense, both story wise and game wise, if Miles is above Kraven and Peter then it would make no sense for Kraven to actively be pursuing Peter over Miles while all the hunters constantly praise Peter as being “the one” who’s suitable enough to take Kraven down.

To completely cement this notion, this idea gets further proven by the showings in the game.

Kraven is shown to absolutely dominate and stand stock still against Scorpion’s attacks while Miles is shown to be able to be damaged by Scorpion and struggles against his grip. This is the same opponent and Kraven shows a considerably and noticeably better performance against Scorpion than Miles did. Miles struggles against Scorpion while Kraven overpowers him, clear as is.
Miles's durability is equal to his venom strikes. Anyone who challenges his durability is >= Miles's venom. Therefore, Miles in base downscales from Kraven, BS Peter, and Venom, who Miles could fight without constantly using venom. Idk how you concluded that Miles and Peter have a comparable base.

Miles being affected by poison has nothing to do with durability. This simply means Kraven has a much stronger immune system. Also, using Scorpion taking advantage of Miles after he poisoned him as a talking point is dishonest. Peter was poisoned and injured too, then came back and soloed the sinister six. Miles has enough in his arsenal to melt Scorpion's face off.
Peter is shown to completely overpower and easily handle Kraven the minute he started to stop holding back as much. If Miles is stronger than symbiote Peter then it makes no real sense that he lost to Kraven since he should be able to easily overpower him like Peter did. Even the argument that “oh Miles was weakened against Li” proves the scaling chain since Miles, even when fighting with intent to kill, is able to be “exhausted” by Li, but meanwhile Peter is able to decimate an entire Hunter’s camp + Kraven himself (who’s superior to Li) while Kraven was utilizing his weakness and Peter was still holding back and not be exhausted by him. But Miles gets “weakened” by someone who’s inferior to Kraven himself.
These points are incoherent. You say Peter "decimated an entire hunter camp then Kraven himself" and completely ignore all that Miles did. He fights off a small army of Hunters, gets drugged, wakes up, does it again, then fights Li, and something off-screen happens with Kraven. You also ignore Miles knocking Kraven out with a single venom punch, while just seconds before, he was crushing Peter's head, proving he is still a black suit threat even while weakened.

You conveniently require so much extra evidence for Miles to prove he scales, yet you will argue me down over Peter scaling to Rhino, despite Peter demonstrably being unable to stun Rhino with his own power unless he weakens him with heavy objects first.
Looking at their respective performances against the Lizard. Miles is shown to be actively running away from the Lizard, citing how he “doesn’t want to be Lizard food” and would rather tag team the Lizard. And meanwhile Peter is shown to be superior to the Lizard on multiple occasions and is also shown to absolutely dominate him in a direct 1v1 confrontation. There’s absolutely no evidence that Miles can so easily overpower the Lizard like Peter was shown to be able to do because the confrontations we have seen between Miles and the Lizard actively show that Miles is fearful and does not want to engage in a 1v1 against the Lizard like Peter has done, which wouldn’t make sense if Miles is allegedly so much more powerful than the Lizard like Peter is.
Yes... let's use Miles trying to get away from the Lizard in WATER as justification for anything. You do realize that Peter didn't fight Connors in his natural habitat either, nor has he fought anyone else IN WATER, for that matter? Not only that, you ignore that Peter stated he has already fought Lizard before in the same video you linked.

Symbiote Spider-Man<Venom<Mutated Venom​

This one shouldn’t be controversial at all really and one that should be agreed with by essentially everyone so I won’t go into it.

These are the scaling chains I defined that I believe to be more than backed by the actual story itself in the verse and what I see as making the most sense.
Venom is just Venom. Idk why he has an added form that's better than himself when it's the same power but with wings.

Soooo

Anyone going to bring up the fight, and the context around it?

Both are holding back, but Peter is clearly more under Venom's influence here as among other things, he's speaking with Venom's voice, and the dialogue emphasizes that. There are moments like these where Miles seemingly outpaces Peter's reaction speed, not to mention Miles pinning Peter down with one arm and dodging point-blank attacks, and Miles briefly overpowering Peter's physical strength (obviously struggling, but still succeeding.) Then there's this dialogue where Miles is contemplating using Venom to get Pete back. Given he's already been using it in this fight, perhaps Miles hasn't been hitting him with the real deal yet.

I agree with what you said about Peter above.

Li was also actively shown to be chaining up his inner demon against Miles unlike against Peter and Li himself draws power off of his negative emotions to subdue any notions that Li somehow got so much stronger while in prison.
This is not stated anywhere. This is not implied anywhere. This is not suggested anywhere. Unless you find a scan that explicitly states that is what it represents, this is headcanon - it will not be addressed further.

This doesn’t prove the scaling chain further, it just proves he was weakened and in no condition to fight. Important to note that Li very well may just be a Symbiote-level combatant, considering he completely negged SSM’s tendrils when he tried to attack him, and possess the lifting strength to overpower Venom’s tendrils and numerous Symbiote clones that would’ve taken down Base Peter and Miles with a single blow, as well as keep them out with a barrier. Also, this “narrative” argument is absolutely redundant. First, he wants Harry, then, he wants Lizard, then he wants Li and Miles to see who’s worthy of him, then he wants Peter, then he wants Venom. It very clearly shifts multiple times throughout the story, acting like he was solely interested in Peter is disingenuous.

Miles is shown to be able to be damaged by Scorpion and struggles against his grip. This is the same opponent and Kraven shows a considerably and noticeably better performance against Scorpion than Miles did. Miles struggles against Scorpion while Kraven overpowers him, clear as is.
It’s ironic how you, again, accuse others of not having any knowledge of them game, yet purposefully cut the context of which:

1. Miles dodges at the very last second, and wasn’t expecting an attack hence “but I saved you.”
2. He breaks past the poison, notably with no antidote, something Peter couldn’t do.

Same points as before, none of this suggests any actual inferiority to the Lizard, and the new points mentioned.

This chain is simply inaccurate, ignores context, and pushes inconsistencies as fact.

Important to note that Li very well may just be a Symbiote-level combatant, considering he completely negged SSM’s tendrils when he tried to attack him, and possess the lifting strength to overpower Venom’s tendrils and numerous Symbiote clones that would’ve taken down Base Peter and Miles with a single blow, as well as keep them out with a barrier.
Bruh, I totally forgot Li's passive shield did that :ROFLMAO:

Though idk about them being taken down with a single blow because one of them clearly had Peter outclassed in strength but he managed to fight them off, and Miles wrecked four of them in one go, which were mostly the purple variants that are stronger than the yellow ones that manhandled Peter. Unless I'm missing a feat.

The demon is noncorporeal unless it is attacking.
You literally provide no evidence for this claim whatsoever. You haven’t “debunked” anything because you haven’t even provided proof for your claim. You’re saying in this video clip the demom is physically attacking Peter but suddenly, magically shifts into being non-corporal the moment Peter dodges his swing. What are you talking about, that makes no sense whatsoever and is completely unfounded. You’re just making things up to fit your narrative.

Are you aware that the context of Li's fight with Miles was a fight to the death
Are you aware that Li was also fighting with intent to kill against Peter as well? You know, because he was literally in the way of him finally getting to enact his revenge against the man who caused the death of both his parents, the whole basis of his motivation to commit all those atrocities in the first place. Yeah I think he was trying plenty hard enough to kill Peter, so you’re bringing up a distinction without meaning. Peter was also injured and holding back when he beat Li, unlike Miles who was fighting with clear intent to kill.

Anyone who challenges his durability is >= Miles's venom
Uh no, you don’t have to greater than or even equal to Miles’ venom in order to be able to challenge his durability. Case in point, Miles’ venom is explicitly>Rhino’s strength, but Rhino is still able to harm Miles despite being weaker than his venom attacks. He still scales to the value but backscales because he’s weaker than it, which is exactly the case for base Peter and Miles.

Miles being affected by poison has nothing to do with durability.
You know scorpion cut Miles to get the poison into his system, right? Also Miles wasn’t being affected by the poison at that point in time. We know this because we see the exact moment when the poison starts to affect Miles. If Miles is strong enough to the point of being able to overpower Kraven, who can manhandle Scorpion, then Miles should have no issue struggling out of his grip.

These points are incoherent. You say Peter "decimated an entire hunter camp then Kraven himself" and completely ignore all that Miles did. He fights off a small army of Hunters, gets drugged, wakes up, does it again, then fights Li, and something off-screen happens with Kraven.
The fact that you both get things wrong and ignore what Peter did himself is both very ironic and extremely hypocritical. Peter single-handedly fights the Lizard, and his body is then made to continue fighting that “small army of Hunters” before Miles even arrived. Miles then stealths a handful of hunters, fights Li, and then loses to Kraven. Peter is the one who actually fought that small army of Hunters at Kraven’s base, Miles only stealthed couple after waking up. I didn’t bring any of that up because it’s not needed, there’s no evidence Miles was facing any lasting exhaustion from after he woke up, so there’s no point in mentioning what he did since it doesn't impact the point I made. Can you provide evidence Miles was suffering from lasting weakness after he woke up? Because if not, this point is irrelevant.

yet you will argue me down over Peter scaling to Rhino
Because your own points make legitimately no sense and rely totally on gameplay mechanics while dismissing what actually happens in the cutscenes.

Watch me prove Peter scales to Rhino using your own logic.

Remember when you said this:
Miles's durability is equal to his venom strikes. Anyone who challenges his durability is >= Miles's venom
Well here’s Rhino damaging Miles. (Literally one shot him lmao).

And here’s Peter blocking one of Rhino punches.

But by all means, tell me how being able to block a punch and knock Rhino over doesn’t actually make Peter scale to Rhino. Tell me how a boss fight game mechanic outweighs the actual cutscene showing Peter is perfectly able to contend with Rhino’s strength and knock him over lol.

Yes... let's use Miles trying to get away from the Lizard in WATER as justification for anything.
Wow….whatever could the guy with ELECTRICAL POWERS possibly to do someone in water? Nothing comes to mind right. You also ignore how the Lizard is a lot bigger now than before. This also doesn’t change the fact that Peter is directly shown to be able to dominate the Lizard while Miles doesn’t show that level of capability.

Venom is just Venom. Idk why he has an added form that's better than himself when it's the same power but with wings.
Because he clearly gets noticeably higher and changes after his mutation which justifies another one like that.
This is not stated anywhere. This is not implied anywhere. This is not suggested anywhere. Unless you find a scan that explicitly states that is what it represents, this is headcanon - it will not be addressed further.
I literally gave you a direct image. Martin’s inner demon is chained up. That’s not a theory, that’s not a statement, that’s an objective fact.

spider-man-2-mister-negative.jpg

Demon, chained up, you can see it right?
This doesn’t prove the scaling chain further, it just proves he was weakened and in no condition to fight
It does, please address my points because I directly responded to this. Martin “weakening” Miles to the point of utter exhaustion while Peter is able to easily overwhelm Kraven who’s superior to Li just proves the point Peter>Miles. Miles gets exhausted by fighting Li and Peter is able to dominate Kraven. The showing is superior.

Li very well may just be a Symbiote-level combatant, considering he completely negged SSM’s tendrils
Conveniently ignoring how Martin Li’s power is directly described as a weakness towards the symbiote. It’s kinda how we got Anti-Venom in the first place, the thing that kills symbiotes. Yeah nice try trying to skirt right past that whole point.

It very clearly shifts multiple times throughout the story, acting like he was solely interested in Peter is disingenuous
Kraven (in reference to Spider-Man): “My final Hunt.”

Hunter: “Hah! You are just what Kraven has been searching for.”

Kraven: “Track the Lizard. The Spider is mine.”

Kraven (looking down at Miles’ unconscious body): “For now, but he (Peter) will come to me soon enough.”

Hunter: “I’ve followed him to the ends of the earth in his pursuit. Seen the disappointment in his face in every corner of the world. But this? This feels special.”

Kraven’s whole purpose was trying to find a worthy opponent strong enough to take him down at his best. When Kraven saw black suit Spider-Man, he saw him as “special” among the rest. He recognized he would be his “final hunt” because he saw him as the one “worthy” enough to take his life. The narrative absolutely puts a focus on Kraven’s pursuit against Peter in specific once he dawns the Symbiote suit, which is why he was using Miles’ beat up body as “motivation” for Peter because he knew he was stronger. To try and claim it doesn’t is entirely disingenuous and is in complete disregard of the context of the story.

Same points as before, none of this suggests any actual inferiority to the Lizard, and the new points mentioned.
Miles disagrees, “he doesn’t want to be Lizard food” remember? And you’re arguing Miles is superior to the Lizard, which he has no showing of. Since you have failed to provide proof of your point or address the argument levied against you, it will remain as headcanon and will not be further addressed.
This chain is simply inaccurate, ignores context, and pushes inconsistencies as fact.
Inaccurate (not mentioning Li’s power is a weakness to the symbiotes).
Ignored context (the entirety of the context of Kraven’s active pursuit against Peter is ignored).
And pushed inconsistencies as fact (Miles is somehow superior to the Lizard yet is scared of him and actively avoid him).

Perfectly describes the argument you just sent me.

You literally provide no evidence for this claim whatsoever. You haven’t “debunked” anything because you haven’t even provided proof for your claim. You’re saying in this video clip the demom is physically attacking Peter but suddenly, magically shifts into being non-corporal the moment Peter dodges his swing. What are you talking about, that makes no sense whatsoever and is completely unfounded. You’re just making things up to fit your narrative.
The demon can physically interact when attacking and be non-corporeal when receiving attacks; it's fiction. Your argument from incredulity is meaningless against what everybody can see.
Are you aware that Li was also fighting with intent to kill against Peter as well? You know, because he was literally in the way of him finally getting to enact his revenge against the man who caused the death of both his parents, the whole basis of his motivation to commit all those atrocities in the first place. Yeah I think he was trying plenty hard enough to kill Peter, so you’re bringing up a distinction without meaning. Peter was also injured and holding back when he beat Li, unlike Miles who was fighting with clear intent to kill.
Do you have evidence for your claims, or are you writing a new script? You're comparing a free man who just wanted Norman to pay and Peter out of the way against a caged animal who tried to escape and realizes killing Miles is the only way he stays alive. Also, Miles was just talking a big game because he was angry. If you don't cherry-pick the one line in the dialogue where Miles responds to Li saying Spider-Man doesn't kill, he states that he wants Li to feel pain. And when he has Li at his mercy, he lets him go.
Uh no, you don’t have to greater than or even equal to Miles’ venom in order to be able to challenge his durability. Case in point, Miles’ venom is explicitly>Rhino’s strength, but Rhino is still able to harm Miles despite being weaker than his venom attacks. He still scales to the value but backscales because he’s weaker than it, which is exactly the case for base Peter and Miles.
If Miles doesn't break his bones using venom strikes, he is at least as durable as the force he puts out. Rhino also doesn't go down with a singular venom strike. I'm also not comparing the Miles that fought Rhino to the Miles nearly a year into the future.
You know scorpion cut Miles to get the poison into his system, right? Also Miles wasn’t being affected by the poison at that point in time. We know this because we see the exact moment when the poison starts to affect Miles. If Miles is strong enough to the point of being able to overpower Kraven, who can manhandle Scorpion, then Miles should have no issue struggling out of his grip.
The poison doesn't have to be in the body to work; Scorpion can also use it as a projectile because it works on contact. And you ignore context a lot. If Kraven, who has a stronger immune system than Miles, was affected instantly, what makes you think Miles also wasn't affected instantly just because he later suffered from hallucinogenic effects? Unless you think a 2-inch cut is enough to put Miles to his knees, in which case, boy, do I have a few games worth of feats to show you.

I hope you didn't mean that Scorpion cut Miles and Kraven and is therefore, Tier 7 or something, lol.
The fact that you both get things wrong and ignore what Peter did himself is both very ironic and extremely hypocritical. Peter single-handedly fights the Lizard, and his body is then made to continue fighting that “small army of Hunters” before Miles even arrived. Miles then stealths a handful of hunters, fights Li, and then loses to Kraven. Peter is the one who actually fought that small army of Hunters at Kraven’s base, Miles only stealthed couple after waking up. I didn’t bring any of that up because it’s not needed, there’s no evidence Miles was facing any lasting exhaustion from after he woke up, so there’s no point in mentioning what he did since it doesn't impact the point I made. Can you provide evidence Miles was suffering from lasting weakness after he woke up? Because if not, this point is irrelevant.
I was never arguing "Who's more tired" so idc about what you have to say here. Your original point claimed someone said Miles was stronger than BS Peter (nobody said that). You're trying to compare the stamina of an entire symbiote with the stamina of Miles, who doesn't have a symbiote yet performed identical feats.
Because your own points make legitimately no sense and rely totally on gameplay mechanics while dismissing what actually happens in the cutscenes.
How is it gameplay mechanics when the fight is designed so the only way you can initiate damage is by dropping objects on him? That's called the plot.
Watch me prove Peter scales to Rhino using your own logic.

Remember when you said this:

Well here’s Rhino damaging Miles. (Literally one shot him lmao).
Tell me more about the consistency of Rhino harming Miles in this scene when he clearly ran both Miles and Peter through a giant gas plant explosion that they both tanked. Tell me more about the consistency of that entire scene when Rhino literally bounces Miles off the ground and flings him, then trucks him, and he's fine. Tell me how it makes sense that Rhino KO's Phin after dropping her like 30 feet when here she dives down 6+ stories at speed and is fine. Do you think outliers are your ally?
He had to use both arms and was dropped to his knees. Clearly overpowered. Not that Peter states Rhino is stronger than him, and he has to fight smart because he's not winning with brute strength or anything.
But by all means, tell me how being able to block a punch and knock Rhino over doesn’t actually make Peter scale to Rhino. Tell me how a boss fight game mechanic outweighs the actual cutscene showing Peter is perfectly able to contend with Rhino’s strength and knock him over lol.
Tell me how an elderly man going no more than 50mph is knocking over an 8-ton mech. Tell me how the plot is gameplay mechanics.
Wow….whatever could the guy with ELECTRICAL POWERS possibly to do someone in water? Nothing comes to mind right. You also ignore how the Lizard is a lot bigger now than before. This also doesn’t change the fact that Peter is directly shown to be able to dominate the Lizard while Miles doesn’t show that level of capability.
Neither Peter nor Miles would beat Lizard with 0 struggle. Now, what happens when Lizard grabs either one and swims to the bottom of the river? Common sense dictates neither of them would take that fight in the water.
Because he clearly gets noticeably higher and changes after his mutation which justifies another one like that.
Still the same symbiote, just with wings.
Conveniently ignoring how Martin Li’s power is directly described as a weakness towards the symbiote. It’s kinda how we got Anti-Venom in the first place, the thing that kills symbiotes. Yeah nice try trying to skirt right past that whole point.
There's a thing called a no-limits fallacy. Notice how Venom never gives a damn about Peter's Anti-Venom suit, essentially treating it like it's made of cotton. Meanwhile, Peter feels pain and flinches; all the while, he's only interacting with Li's aura, not even his physical body.

Last edited:
I literally gave you a direct image. Martin’s inner demon is chained up. That’s not a theory, that’s not a statement, that’s an objective fact.
Stop being dishonest, you know exactly that you were implying that makes Li weaker, stop ratting and address the point.

It does, please address my points because I directly responded to this. Martin “weakening” Miles to the point of utter exhaustion while Peter is able to easily overwhelm Kraven who’s superior to Li just proves the point Peter>Miles. Miles gets exhausted by fighting Li and Peter is able to dominate Kraven. The showing is superior.
A stronger Li, with more shown hax and abilities. This was proven earlier.

That’s why I mentioned the second point about lifting strength and him punching back the army, I didn’t ignore anything, I offered another avenue in case you tried to rat, which you did.

Kraven’s whole purpose was trying to find a worthy opponent strong enough to take him down at his best. When Kraven saw black suit Spider-Man, he saw him as “special” among the rest. He recognized he would be his “final hunt” because he saw him as the one “worthy” enough to take his life. The narrative absolutely puts a focus on Kraven’s pursuit against Peter in specific once he dawns the Symbiote suit, which is why he was using Miles’ beat up body as “motivation” for Peter because he knew he was stronger. To try and claim it doesn’t is entirely disingenuous and is in complete disregard of the context of the story.
A focus on Peter, and yet it isn’t Peter that does, it’s Venom, and still doesn’t address the numerous people Kraven found interest in who Kraven specifically targeted hoping they could be the one. And despite this, despite your perception of the narrative, Miles hits him with a Venom blast so powerful that Kraven literally out cold, and doesn’t wake up until the Symbiote has changed hosts.

Miles disagrees, “he doesn’t want to be Lizard food” remember? And you’re arguing Miles is superior to the Lizard, which he has no showing of. Since you have failed to provide proof of your point or address the argument levied against you, it will remain as headcanon and will not be further addressed.
Yeah? Why would he want to get bit? Why does him wanting to not get bit imply inferiority? You’ve shown no argument that Miles would actually be ineffective, despite being toe-to-toe with the very guy who beat him up, while holding back.

Inaccurate (not mentioning Li’s power is a weakness to the symbiotes).
Offered a second route of scaling, which you were too disingenuous to address.

Ignored context (the entirety of the context of Kraven’s active pursuit against Peter is ignored).
And yet he also captured Connors, and many others in pursuit of those who he believed worthy, with in the end, Peter wasn’t the one who did, but you were ratting too much to respond to that.

And pushed inconsistencies as fact (Miles is somehow superior to the Lizard yet is scared of him and actively avoid him).
Actively avoided him, yet Peter told Miles to search for him, Miles dodged him casually, and he offered to join Pete, but you were too dishonest to counter that.

You have no water on any of your points.

Last edited:
Stop being dishonest, you know exactly that you were implying that makes Li weaker, stop ratting and address the point.
I said Li’s not stronger, stop trying to strawman and putting words in my mouth. And I did address the point, you have yet to refute it. Li’s power feeds off of and grows stronger based on his anger and hatred. You arguing Li got a lot stronger doesn’t go in line with the way his power works since we know his power grows stronger off his anger, which he was feeling a hell of a lot of in SM1, but has since regretted in SM2. This point can further be supported by how Li’s inner demon, which is the basis for his powers, is both chained up and noticeably damaged in SM2 compared to SM1.
constance-huang-constance-huang-thumbnail-lidemon.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

A stronger Li, with more shown hax and abilities. This was proven earlier.
Literally has nothing to do at all with what I said whatsoever. You said Li exhausted Miles, well Peter dominated Kraven who’s superior to Li. The showing is superior, how about you actually address that point instead of regurgitating your talking points.
That’s why I mentioned the second point about lifting strength and him punching back the army, I didn’t ignore anything, I offered another avenue in case you tried to rat, which you did.
No you did, you ignored Li’s ability being a counter. You made it seem like Li was strong enough himself to push off Spider-Man’s tendrils when in actuality it was due to his power being a weakness to venom, not a case for Li scaling to SM like you made it seem. “Another avenue” is a deceptive and dishonest framework being used.
A focus on Peter, and yet it isn’t Peter that does, it’s Venom, and still doesn’t address the numerous people Kraven found interest in who Kraven specifically targeted hoping they could be the one. And despite this, despite your perception of the narrative, Miles hits him with a Venom blast so powerful that Kraven literally out cold, and doesn’t wake up until the Symbiote has changed hosts.
I literally did address the point you’re making about Kraven showing interest in other people. This is yet again another example of you not addressing my arguments and instead dishonestly claiming I haven’t responded to yours. I responded to this point by citing how Kraven may show interest in others (because he’s trying to find a worthy opponent to take his life), but he sees BS Spider-Man as the one who’s gonna do it. He sees him as “special” compared to the rest. That’s why he says things like “Track the Lizard, the Spider is mine.” And things like “My final hunt.” When looking at Peter because while he may show interest in the Lizard, he sees more value in symbiote Peter as the one who’s special above all the rest. This point is entirely backed by the narrative of the story.

Miles knocked Kraven out? Cool cool, you know Peter was gonna kill Kraven there right? Kraven got knocked out for a little bit, Peter was gonna knock him out permanently, Miles saved his life. Funny thing though is you try and say Miles’ fight against Kraven doesn’t count cause he was weakened but at the same time wanna argue this point about Miles despite Kraven being put dead to rights by BS Spider-Man. Very hypocritical.
Yeah? Why would he want to get bit? Why does him wanting to not get bit imply inferiority? You’ve shown no argument that Miles would actually be ineffective, despite being toe-to-toe with the very guy who beat him up, while holding back.
Actively running away from an opponent because you’re scared they’re gonna kill you implies inferiority. I can’t believe something as incredibly basic as that has to be spelled out for you to understand.
And yet he also captured Connors, and many others in pursuit of those who he believed worthy, with in the end, Peter wasn’t the one who did, but you were ratting too much to respond to that.
“Track the Lizard. The spider is mine.” Literally ignoring the whole point I just made in favor of just being toxic. Ok buddy.
Actively avoided him, yet Peter told Miles to search for him, Miles dodged him casually, and he offered to join Pete, but you were too dishonest to counter that.
Do you know what the term “dishonesty” means? Or are you literally not reading the arguments I’ve given. You say I’m “too dishonest to counter Miles offering to join Peter”, really? So what’s this:
what it shows, in its most factual and basic sense is Miles choosing not to engage with the a lizard because he’s a dangerous foe to him while Peter clearly overpowers the Lizard. Miles wanting to tag team the lizard with Peter doesn’t demonstrate equivalent strength to Peter singlehandedly dominating the Lizard in physical prowess several times.
You’re just brushing past the point I made entirely. Nothing suggests or proves Miles can single-handedly overpower the lizard like Peter can. Miles wanting to tag team the Lizard with the assistance of Peter does not prove he can single handily overpower the Lizard like Peter did. Only Peter has that showing because he 1v1’d the lizard while Miles’ only showing 1v1 against the lizard is him actively running away from him.
That’s me countering your point about Miles wanting to tag team Peter, explaining how the point is irrelevant to the argument I’m making. You’re just being dishonest about the arguments being made now because you offered no rebuttal.
You have no water on any of your points.
Your problem, is that you’re not actually responding to any of my points. You’re just ignoring the argument entirely to suit your idea. You did this several times in this very post which I point out.
The demon can physically interact when attacking and be non-corporeal when receiving attacks; it's fiction. Your argument from incredulity is meaningless against what everybody can see.
“Argument from incredulity” is not when I ask you to provide proof for your claims lmao. Ever heard of Hitchen’s razor? “What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” You have provided no evidence the demon operates on this “physical when attacking, non-physical when receiving” basis and as such, the claim can be dismissed as is.
Do you have evidence for your claims, or are you writing a new script? You're comparing a free man who just wanted Norman to pay and Peter out of the way against a caged animal who tried to escape and realizes killing Miles is the only way he stays alive.
Do I have evidence that Li was fighting with intent to kill against Peter? Yes, yes I do in fact. Li’s hatred for Osborn was literally the whole basis for him to commit all his atrocities in the first game. That hatred was the thing fueling his inner demon and feeding into his anger, man was a whole supervillain last game, yes he was clearly trying hard enough there to kill Spider-Man. You bring in no evidence Li is trying harder between one interaction over the other, you’re just again spouting headcanon to further your agenda.
Also, Miles was just talking a big game because he was angry. If you don't cherry-pick the one line in the dialogue where Miles responds to Li saying Spider-Man doesn't kill, he states that he wants Li to feel pain. And when he has Li at his mercy, he lets him go.
More like you’re cherry picking which pieces of dialogue you like while dismissing the rest. Miles could’ve just wanted to kill Li but ultimately chose not to when given the actual opportunity. I don’t know why you have to cherry pick which lines you keep and which lines you dismiss when each position can exist simultaneously and there’s no issue. Miles could’ve just wanted to kill Li when fighting him but ultimately decides not to after he entered his head.
If Miles doesn't break his bones using venom strikes, he is at least as durable as the force he puts out. Rhino also doesn't go down with a singular venom strike. I'm also not comparing the Miles that fought Rhino to the Miles nearly a year into the future.
Literally nothing to do with my point whatsoever. I’m responding to your claims. You said you need to be equal to or greater than in strength than Miles’ venom attacks to be able to challenge Miles’ durability. I refute that claim by showing how Rhino who is explicitly weaker than Miles’ venom attacks can and has challenged Miles’ durability. Thereby proving your point wrong.
And you ignore context a lot. If Kraven, who has a stronger immune system than Miles, was affected instantly, what makes you think Miles also wasn't affected instantly just because he later suffered from hallucinogenic effects? Unless you think a 2-inch cut is enough to put Miles to his knees, in which case, boy, do I have a few games worth of feats to show you.
No it’s you who ignores context and is just flat out wrong. Kraven wasn’t affected by Scorpion’s poison instantly, in fact he’s not affected by Scorpion’s poison at all so I have no idea what you’re talking about. You’re just completely wrong because your point is made on an unfounded basis.
I hope you didn't mean that Scorpion cut Miles and Kraven and is therefore, Tier 7 or something, lol.
I mean based on what you said, you must think so since Scorpion clearly challenged their durability there right. He pierces right into Kraven in fact lol.
I was never arguing "Who's more tired" so idc about what you have to say here. Your original point claimed someone said Miles was stronger than BS Peter (nobody said that). You're trying to compare the stamina of an entire symbiote with the stamina of Miles, who doesn't have a symbiote yet performed identical feats.
Well you’re wrong in that. And no, my point was that Miles gets weakened and exhausted by Li while Peter easily dominates Kraven, a superior opponent to Li. That’s not an “identical feat” as Peter has much clear and better showings that Miles does like his performance against the Lizard and his performance against Kraven vs Miles’ performance against Li.
How is it gameplay mechanics when the fight is designed so the only way you can initiate damage is by dropping objects on him? That's called the plot.
No that’s called gameplay mechanics, Peter has shown that he’s capable of knocking Rhino and contending with him in AP, the idea that Peter “can’t do damage to Rhino” only comes from a gameplay mechanic designed in a boss fight. Plot is the actual cutscenes, gameplay mechanics are the design features in boss fights.
Tell me more about the consistency of Rhino harming Miles in this scene when he clearly ran both Miles and Peter through a giant gas plant explosion that they both tanked. Tell me more about the consistency of that entire scene when Rhino literally bounces Miles off the ground and flings him, then trucks him, and he's fine. Tell me how it makes sense that Rhino KO's Phin after dropping her like 30 feet when here she dives down 6+ stories at speed and is fine. Do you think outliers are your ally?
Your own links prove my point. Miles literally clutches his side in pain after Rhino slams him in the ground and flings him. Miles then gets slammed by Rhino where he clearly exclaims out in pain from the blow. Just because Miles gets back up after doesn’t mean he wasn’t harmed. But please, tell me more about how Miles was actually acting there and was just faking being in pain. Or is that video clip that you sent me for the argument you made another outlier too?
He had to use both arms and was dropped to his knees. Clearly overpowered. Not that Peter states Rhino is stronger than him, and he has to fight smart because he's not winning with brute strength or anything.
No, overpowering him would mean pushing through his guard he put up. Overpowering him would be the equivalent of what Miles did to Rhino with his venom strike. Peter dead stopping Rhino’s blow means he scales in AP no matter how much you’d like to deny it. Rhino can also be stronger than Peter but still have Peter scale, just like how Miles’ venom can be stronger than Rhino but Rhino can still scale.
Tell me how an elderly man going no more than 50mph is knocking over an 8-ton mech. Tell me how the plot is gameplay mechanics.
Because Spider-Man was the one who threw him at him. You know, the guy with super strength? Your argument from incredulity is meaningless.
Neither Peter nor Miles would beat Lizard with 0 struggle. Now, what happens when Lizard grabs either one and swims to the bottom of the river? Common sense dictates neither of them would take that fight in the water.
Low-mid diff. Peter low-mid diffs the Lizard. Like legitimately low-mid diffs. The biggest trouble the Lizard gave Peter was from the sound. Otherwise, like if he had the Anti-Venom suit, he had Lizard pinned by the very first round. And that was the time Peter was holding back trying to reason with the Lizard too no less. What happens when Lizard grabs them and drags them to the bottom of the water? Well Peter could just easily break out of Lizard’s grip and overwhelm him with his superior strength so he doesn’t have to worry about that. But since you brought up the argument, clearly you think that’s something Miles has to worry about, so you’re just proving my point that Peter’s showing is superior. Common sense dictates the guy running away from the Lizard isn’t strong enough to overwhelm him compared to the guy the Lizard is running away from.
Still the same symbiote, just with wings.
Venom in Peter’s body is the same symbiote in Harry’s body, but he clearly grows stronger. Venom can and has grown stronger.
There's a thing called a no-limits fallacy. Notice how Venom never gives a damn about Peter's Anti-Venom suit, essentially treating it like it's made of cotton. Meanwhile, Peter feels pain and flinches; all the while, he's only interacting with Li's aura, not even his physical body.
Venom literally has to let go of Peter due to his anti-venom curing his Symbiote tendrils. Li’s aura is the thing the symbiotes are afraid of since it acts as a weakness to them, you’re leaving that big plot point out.

“Argument from incredulity” is not when I ask you to provide proof for your claims lmao. Ever heard of Hitchen’s razor? “What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” You have provided no evidence the demon operates on this “physical when attacking, non-physical when receiving” basis and as such, the claim can be dismissed as is.
If you choose not to pay attention to detail, there's nothing I can do for you other than ignore you.
Do I have evidence that Li was fighting with intent to kill against Peter? Yes, yes I do in fact. Li’s hatred for Osborn was literally the whole basis for him to commit all his atrocities in the first game. That hatred was the thing fueling his inner demon and feeding into his anger, man was a whole supervillain last game, yes he was clearly trying hard enough there to kill Spider-Man. You bring in no evidence Li is trying harder between one interaction over the other, you’re just again spouting headcanon to further your agenda.
I hate having to repeat myself.

"Fueling his inner demon" bruh... I hate reading fanfiction. Li got his powers from GR-27. The demon stuff is symbolism. His pain and anger is what makes him stronger - Peter states this. Yet, Li is showcased several times taking hits from Miles's venom, which can put down Rhino, who stomped Peter. Not only that, he created a shield (created by the giant demon) that was impervious to any physical attacks that weren't amped by venom, which Peter would have no way to bypass.
Your only counterargument to that would be "But Peter fought the fULL dEmon!" which is irrelevant because Li is obviously much stronger now, and you fight Li, not the demon. This is exactly why when Peter flies through the demon and KOs Li (who exists independently from the demon), the demon disappears after the fact.
More like you’re cherry picking which pieces of dialogue you like while dismissing the rest. Miles could’ve just wanted to kill Li but ultimately chose not to when given the actual opportunity. I don’t know why you have to cherry pick which lines you keep and which lines you dismiss when each position can exist simultaneously and there’s no issue. Miles could’ve just wanted to kill Li when fighting him but ultimately decides not to after he entered his head.
How am I cherry-picking when you're literally using the only line referencing anything about killing in a 20+ minute fight where Miles doesn't say anything about killing, but instead, punishment?
Literally nothing to do with my point whatsoever. I’m responding to your claims. You said you need to be equal to or greater than in strength than Miles’ venom attacks to be able to challenge Miles’ durability. I refute that claim by showing how Rhino who is explicitly weaker than Miles’ venom attacks can and has challenged Miles’ durability. Thereby proving your point wrong.
"Uh no, you don’t have to greater than or even equal to Miles’ venom in order to be able to challenge his durability."

I don't know how answering your question has nothing to do with your point. Are you lost? Miles's own venom attacks don't hurt him (durability), but Rhino's attacks do; Rhino can also take multiple venom strikes. Therefore, Rhino is comparable to venom strikes. Argue with the durability page from here on. Don't argue with me cause I'm gonna ignore it.
No it’s you who ignores context and is just flat out wrong. Kraven wasn’t affected by Scorpion’s poison instantly, in fact he’s not affected by Scorpion’s poison at all so I have no idea what you’re talking about. You’re just completely wrong because your point is made on an unfounded basis.
His veins literally turn black as soon as he's stabbed, and it continues to visibly spread. More evidence that you don't know the game.
I mean based on what you said, you must think so since Scorpion clearly challenged their durability there right. He pierces right into Kraven in fact lol.
Can't believe you pressed send on this. Even if we were to agree that Scorpion scales, it creates a circular argument that is flawed at its foundations. I suggest you read the surface area section of durability.
Well you’re wrong in that. And no, my point was that Miles gets weakened and exhausted by Li while Peter easily dominates Kraven, a superior opponent to Li. That’s not an “identical feat” as Peter has much clear and better showings that Miles does like his performance against the Lizard and his performance against Kraven vs Miles’ performance against Li.
"Your original point claimed someone said Miles was stronger than BS (BLACK SUIT) Peter (nobody said that)."

I'm pretty sure the post you linked is in reference to base Peter. I've already provided the scans that prove my point, yet you continue to bring this up. Do your own research and find it cause I'm not repeating myself. You can't use the Lizard as a point if Miles never fought him. "Dominating" Kraven is also a very generous choice word because at no point was it a one-sided match against Kraven until he offered himself up to Peter to kill him while he was still capable of fighting. Nothing you said here defeated my argument.

Also, while Miles is fighting Li, Kraven calls it a "worthy battle" after he has just finished saying he is tired of fighting weaklings, which is a scaling statement in itself. Kraven going after Miles directly after that fight is not getting Miles at his best, especially since spamming venom is exhausting. Miles had just used a venom attack on the hunters that were closing in on him before Kraven came down, and he was on his knees out of breath.
No that’s called gameplay mechanics, Peter has shown that he’s capable of knocking Rhino and contending with him in AP, the idea that Peter “can’t do damage to Rhino” only comes from a gameplay mechanic designed in a boss fight. Plot is the actual cutscenes, gameplay mechanics are the design features in boss fights.
Plot. Argue with the writers. Peter stating he has to fight smart with Rhino because he can't win a slugfest falls directly in line with how the fight is designed.
Your own links prove my point. Miles literally clutches his side in pain after Rhino slams him in the ground and flings him. Miles then gets slammed by Rhino where he clearly exclaims out in pain from the blow. Just because Miles gets back up after doesn’t mean he wasn’t harmed. But please, tell me more about how Miles was actually acting there and was just faking being in pain. Or is that video clip that you sent me for the argument you made another outlier too?
Ok...so Miles going through all of that, then immediately getting back on his feats and smoking Rhino...versus being injured from being thrown at a headstone. You either don't know what an outlier is, or you're intentionally playing dumb.
No, overpowering him would mean pushing through his guard he put up. Overpowering him would be the equivalent of what Miles did to Rhino with his venom strike. Peter dead stopping Rhino’s blow means he scales in AP no matter how much you’d like to deny it. Rhino can also be stronger than Peter but still have Peter scale, just like how Miles’ venom can be stronger than Rhino but Rhino can still scale.
Like when he was forced to the ground, unable to move, wide open to an attack from Scorpion. Otherwise, he was getting flattened? Ok.
Because Spider-Man was the one who threw him at him. You know, the guy with super strength? Your argument from incredulity is meaningless.
Peter threw a multi-ton concrete pipe at Rhino while he was off-guard and only knocks him to one knee. He throws a 175-pound man at him, and he gets clotheslined. There's nothing consistent about that unless you try to make an outrageous argument. But Peter scales below Rhino by his own words and feats. None of this arguing changes that fact. I'm ending this Rhino talk here.
Low-mid diff. Peter low-mid diffs the Lizard. Like legitimately low-mid diffs. The biggest trouble the Lizard gave Peter was from the sound. Otherwise, like if he had the Anti-Venom suit, he had Lizard pinned by the very first round. And that was the time Peter was holding back trying to reason with the Lizard too no less. What happens when Lizard grabs them and drags them to the bottom of the water? Well Peter could just easily break out of Lizard’s grip and overwhelm him with his superior strength so he doesn’t have to worry about that. But since you brought up the argument, clearly you think that’s something Miles has to worry about, so you’re just proving my point that Peter’s showing is superior. Common sense dictates the guy running away from the Lizard isn’t strong enough to overwhelm him compared to the guy the Lizard is running away from.
Yeah, no. Black suit Peter was in the water for 35 seconds and was running out of air trying to swim to the surface, and this was after Lizard started becoming human again. And this is with enhanced symbiote stamina. Had either one of them taken that fight in the water, more often than not, they're drowning. Thirty-five seconds without fighting means even less time when actively engaged with Lizard.

"Peter's showing is superior." Miles didn't even fight him, so idk what you're talking about. Just making up more stories.
Venom in Peter’s body is the same symbiote in Harry’s body, but he clearly grows stronger. Venom can and has grown stronger.
Nothing more needs to be said.
Venom literally has to let go of Peter due to his anti-venom curing his Symbiote tendrils. Li’s aura is the thing the symbiotes are afraid of since it acts as a weakness to them, you’re leaving that big plot point out.
Venom has demonstrated resistance to Anti-Venom several times. It straight-up gets brushed off here. After he gets weakened at the particle accelerator, it begins to have a stronger effect, especially with Harry regaining control. Given that Anti-Venom is made with the remaining portion of the symbiote in Peter with 100% of Li's power, that is a feat for Li as well.

At this point, I'm about to make several scaling chains, and people can vote on the best one. OP is stonewalling his own CRT, and there's still a shit ton of issues that I'm certain haven't even been fixed besides scaling.

At this point, I'm about to make several scaling chains, and people can vote on the best one. OP is stonewalling his own CRT, and there's still a shit ton of issues that I'm certain haven't even been fixed besides scaling.
Seems like a good choice to do. Though I will say at this point that Miles is definitely above Peter in scaling chains, yeah?

It only looks like the bell is useful for stunning Peter momentarily to get extra hits on him. Because even without using it, Peter gets damaged. And it's not just a game play thing, because unless my ears are playing tricks on me, I can hear Peter grunt when he's hit in the cutscenes. And right before Peter starts to come to his senses halfway through, we see Miles start to overtake him in clashes.
It doesn't look like Peter is holding back here, at least from the dialogue. Well, until halfway through the fight at least where Peter starts coming to his senses. Because before that, he's venting every frustration he has, and is quite pissed off.
You can’t assume he wasn’t holding back based on dialogue and displayed emotion when we know those dont mean anything. We have similar (probably even worse) dialogue and emotion against Kraven yet Kraven knew he was holding back. The grunting doesn’t matter especially when the damage was practically non existent, it merely caused pain to a Peter who was holding back. It’s similar to being pinched and feeling pain yet no real damage.

I know Miles is above Peter but not Symbiote Peter. The fact Kraven beat Miles yet lost to a less held back Peter proves this point perfectly.

Could make sense, just want more thoughts on it
Yeah.

You can’t assume he wasn’t holding back based on dialogue and displayed emotion when we know those dont mean anything. We have similar (probably even worse) dialogue and emotion against Kraven yet Kraven knew he was holding back. The grunting doesn’t matter especially when the damage was practically non existent, it merely caused pain to a Peter who was holding back. It’s similar to being pinched and feeling pain yet no real damage.
Well dialogue is a very big aspect when determining if someone is holding back or going balls out. Peter's dialogue in the fight very well indicates a venomous tone towards Miles, releasing his hate and frustrations. It wouldnt make much sense for him to hold back in his physicals while not doing so for his words. Also, I would like to say that the dialogue seems like a nice jab towards fans who keep trying to reject the idea that Miles is also Spider-Man
I know Miles is above Peter but not Symbiote Peter. The fact Kraven beat Miles yet lost to a less held back Peter proves this point perfectly.
Doesn't Miles hold his own somewhat in the final fight against Venom while Peter with the Anti-Venom suit still gets thrown around most of the time? Well, I'm not going to talk about like I'm fully knowledgeable, just on stuff I've seen. More of a TASM guy anyways

• SM2 Scaling ONLY. I'm also suggesting Miles gets two keys, one after the first Li awakening because he K.O.s Kraven and fights Black Suit Peter. Then, after the second Li awakening when Peter gets Anti-Venom and he fights Venom. Otherwise, it kinda makes no sense since Miles fights somebody that stomped the guy that stomped him earlier in the day, all in the same key. And it makes sense, given Miles had two power-ups before and after Kraven.

• Black Suit Spiderman is a weaker symbiote than Venom because Venom has a perfect bond, regardless of Peter holding back and literally being superhuman. Miles being able to fight Venom (who doesn't hold back afaik) should put him above black suit Peter at a minimum. Not to mention, the symbiote gets stronger from being in contact with Peter.

• Li and Miles would both downscale from Kraven. Li would downscale from Miles. Anti-Venom Peter only had a portion of the symbiote remaining and all of Li's power. He should be questionably greater than or equal to his black suit form, which was 100% symbiote and 0% Li and still above Li.

• 1st awakening Miles reasons listed here (quoted below) + he one shot a weakened Kraven who was still capable of harming Black Suit Peter
Both are holding back, but Peter is clearly more under Venom's influence here as among other things, he's speaking with Venom's voice, and the dialogue emphasizes that. There are moments like these where Miles seemingly outpaces Peter's reaction speed, not to mention Miles pinning Peter down with one arm and dodging point-blank attacks, and Miles briefly overpowering Peter's physical strength (obviously struggling, but still succeeding.) Then there's this dialogue where Miles is contemplating using Venom to get Pete back. Given he's already been using it in this fight, perhaps Miles hasn't been hitting him with the real deal yet.
  • Black suit Peter showed no evidence of being weakened or injured after fighting Kraven, especially since he held back the entire time. At most, he's fatigued.
  • 2nd awakening, can keep up with Anti-Venom Peter and fight Venom without completely relying on zappy pops
  • We can figure out the side shows like Lizard after.

----

1. Mid Miles

Base Peter < Li < Miles (1st awakening) < Kraven < Miles (2nd Awakening) <= BS Spiderman <= AV Spiderman < Venom

2. Based Miles

Base Peter < Li < Miles (1st awakening) <= Kraven < BS Spiderman < Miles (2nd awakening, can keep up with Anti-Venom Peter and fight Venom without completely relying on zappy pops) <= AV Spiderman < Venom

3. OP's scaling

Li < Base Peter < Miles < Kraven < Black Suit Peter <=? Anti-Venom Peter < Venom < Venom with wings

Feel free to add personal scaling opinions as well.

Last edited:
It wouldnt make much sense for him to hold back in his physicals while not doing so for his words.
Again just as a reminder, Venom was literally yelling in Peter’s head to kill Kraven and rip him apart and Peter was still holding back against him despite him saying he would “tear him limb from limb.” So actually it is perfectly in line with BS Spider-Man to still be holding back even when his words are aggressive.

Again just as a reminder, Venom was literally yelling in Peter’s head to kill Kraven and rip him apart and Peter was still holding back against him despite him saying he would “tear him limb from limb.” So actually it is perfectly in line with BS Spider-Man to still be holding back even when his words are aggressive.
But was Peter being influenced by Venom to kill during his fight with Miles? I'd say there's a pretty big difference between spewing out hate, jealousy, and your addiction to the black suit rather than wanting to kill, considering that's something Peter would almost never rather do
.----

1. Mid Miles

Base Peter < Li < Miles (1st awakening) < Kraven < Miles (2nd Awakening) <= BS Spiderman <= AV Spiderman < Venom

2. Based Miles

Base Peter < Li < Miles (1st awakening) <= Kraven < BS Spiderman < Miles (2nd awakening, can keep up with Anti-Venom Peter and fight Venom without completely relying on zappy pops) <= AV Spiderman < Venom

3. OP's scaling

Li < Base Peter < Miles < Kraven < Black Suit Peter <=? Anti-Venom Peter < Venom < Venom with wings

Feel free to add personal scaling opinions as well.
More inclined to go with the 2nd scaling chain here from what you've already provided

Well dialogue is a very big aspect when determining if someone is holding back or going balls out.

Nope. It’s literally a non existent aspect that has been prove too many times in this debate now.

You have Peter literally wanting to rip Kraven to shreds and yet he STILL holds back.

It should be obvious he holds back against someone he actually cares about.

Doesn't Miles hold his own somewhat in the final fight against Venom while Peter with the Anti-Venom suit still gets thrown around most of the time? Well, I'm not going to talk about like I'm fully knowledgeable, just on stuff I've seen. More of a TASM guy anyways

That was more of miles being more skilled and resourceful than venom while hitting him with blows that don’t do that much to him. Even miles’ strongest charged blows only helped him break out of holds. Blows that venom could land were really banging up miles.

That’s really the same case with Anti venom Peter who fought venom for a longer time so of course would be thrashed around longer. So I’m inclined to say Anti Venom Pete is comparable to miles but definitely both are inferior to Venom.

Nope. It’s literally a non existent aspect that has been prove too many times in this debate now.

You have Peter literally wanting to rip Kraven to shreds and yet he STILL holds back.
Which looked as though he was about to do so before Mile's intervened. So during the fight, Peter is holding back, but after it, he starts letting loose the intent to kill, yeah? In which the cutscene leads into Miles vs Peter, yeah?
It should be obvious he holds back against someone he actually cares about.
But if the fight does indeed lead into Miles vs Peter, after Peter begins to stop holding back and was ready to kill Kraven, wouldn't it be fair to say this would apply in his fight with miles? Right up until Miles starts talking some sense into Peter of course.
That was more of miles being more skilled and resourceful than venom while hitting him with blows that don’t do that much to him. Even miles’ strongest charged blows only helped him break out of holds. Blows that venom could land were really banging up miles.

That’s really the same case with Anti venom Peter who fought venom for a longer time so of course would be thrashed around longer. So I’m inclined to say Anti Venom Pete is comparable to miles but definitely both are inferior to Venom.
Oh yeah, didn't mean to imply anything that Miles is close enough to Venom in scaling. Don't know why I said what I said. But I was mainly using it as an example as to why Miles may as well scale above Symbiote Pete.

Which looked as though he was about to do so before Mile's intervened. So during the fight, Peter is holding back, but after it, he starts letting loose the intent to kill, yeah? In which the cutscene leads into Miles vs Peter, yeah?
Even with the intention of killing he is still holding back as stated by Kraven just not as much as before. Prior to this fight he was holding back even more to a level Kraven could easily beat.

Anyways point is symbiote pete holds back regardless of what he says and we can’t assume he fought Kraven (who constantly provoked him) with the same intensity as he fought Miles (who constantly tried to bring Peter back to his senses).

But if the fight does indeed lead into Miles vs Peter, after Peter begins to stop holding back and was ready to kill Kraven, wouldn't it be fair to say this would apply in his fight with miles? Right up until Miles starts talking some sense into Peter of course.

We shouldn’t make an assumption like that because miles tries to bring him back which is the opposite of what Kraven tried to do, provoke Peter to bring out more and more power. If you insist on the assumption that Peter fought miles the same exact way he fought Kraven, then the scaling becomes circular… how? Because narratively Kraven beats Miles but Peter (with more strength than he would normally use) beats Kraven. So if Miles can fight Peter at this level of strength, then he should’ve beat Kraven easily but instead he didn’t even wear Kraven down even with those charged up attacks.

The most logical assumption is that Peter isn’t willing to kill the one he loves so he will fight venom within himself thus holding back strength. Miles encouraging words definitely helped in this case as well.

I don’t think Anti venom Peter is comparable to symbiote Peter. So that example wouldn’t work yeah.

Even with the intention of killing he is still holding back as stated by Kraven just not as much as before. Prior to this fight he was holding back even more to a level Kraven could easily beat.

Anyways point is symbiote pete holds back regardless of what he says and we can’t assume he fought Kraven (who constantly provoked him) with the same intensity as he fought Miles (who constantly tried to bring Peter back to his senses).
When Peter was going to kill Kraven he was going to break his neck or choke him. He wasn't punching any harder than he already was.
We shouldn’t make an assumption like that because miles tries to bring him back which is the opposite of what Kraven tried to do, provoke Peter to bring out more and more power. If you insist on the assumption that Peter fought miles the same exact way he fought Kraven, then the scaling becomes circular… how? Because narratively Kraven beats Miles but Peter (with more strength than he would normally use) beats Kraven. So if Miles can fight Peter at this level of strength, then he should’ve beat Kraven easily but instead he didn’t even wear Kraven down even with those charged up attacks.
We didn't see how Kraven vs Miles went down.

Anyways, can yall pick

Back