• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
A scythe wielding demon vs a wisecracking skeleton. If these two faced off, who should come out on top?

Sans by crowik-d9mduia
You're gonna have a bad time.

Magus

How many people kill Magus?

Besides, his profile says that he has black hole creation, so that could cancelled the amount of bones and gaster blasters that Sans can throw.

His seems to not be inmunty to soul base attacks and blasters light attacks would be dangerous, but forcefield and inmunity to space/time warping is the perfect counter to Sans spacial manipulation, gravity control and BFR, and his omnidiretional attacks sumoning with his relativistic speed would make Sans quickly tired. One hit and DEAD.

I'm 100% sure that Magus can take down Sans rather normaly.

That's an... Interesting match.

In Magus' side, KR is going to do jack. Status Effect Immunity pretty much cancels that. Neither is Space-Time Manipulation going to work. Black Hole Creation should allow Magus to block most of the bones, and the rest should be dodge-able by him. Also, his attacks have a really good range, so he'll be keeping Sans on the edge during all the time. Not only that, he can (partially) block magical damage and heal. Also, unlike Sans, Magus got actual precognition with Third Eye.

In Sans' side, Gravity Manipulation is going to give Magus a bad time. He'll adapt, but until then, Sans will beat him around and make him get hit plenty of times. Sans also has a great edge with soul-hitting, and that means that every single attack of Sans is going to cause heavy damage to Magus, should the bones hit on the vital spots. Also, even with barriers and stuff, danmaku is really hard to block.

... TBH, Magus should take this fairly handily. He'd waste quite a bit of mana and perhaps some items, but he should win with mid-low diff at most.

Mmm, I'd say Sans wins. Magus's status-immunity granting equipment likely wouldn't be able to deal with KR since KR doesn't really work like status-inflicting attacks in Chrono Trigger, but that may be a moot point. What's really important is that Magus can't shield non-elemental attacks (including non-elemental magic) and Sans's gravity manipulation and teleportation gives him just the edge he needs to make sure Magus gets hit and Sans gets the distance he needs.

Also, I don't think we treat items in JRPGs like that. Magus has status immunity because he enters the party equipped with Schala's Amulet, which bestows the boon. Heck, what if that thing broke? On the plus side, we don't treat finite mana as a concern in battles, so that's nice.

Doesn't his profile says that he has inmunity to space/time warping? if so, Sans BFR and gravity control will be useless.

I'm siding with Magus more of due to the fact that while might be able to land a deadly hit on Magus, Magus can just avoid most of the attacks Sans has because of his speed advantage. Magus also has a resistance to space and time manipulation which is another thing that would screw over Sans. Did we forget the part where Sans dies to the black hole?

Whoa, I didn't see immunity there! Why is that there? Magus doesn't have anything of the sort; it was integral to the plot of Chrono Trigger that he didn't have immunity to that stuff. He got stomped by Lavos and BFR'd on at least four spearate occasions. I'll have to see about that.

Also, Sans's speed is Unknown, and we know that he is insanely faster than and able to dodge while sleeping attacks from someone who easily contends with danmaku from multiple enemies who aren't much slower than Magus.

Magus has a lot of blood on his hands and doesn't have a record of being wholly immune to soulhax, so KR will likely do him in. Furthermore, even if he was immune to space/time hax (which he isn't), there's nothing he could do about having attacks teleported to his position. Lastly, Magus's attacks likely don't have the range to hit Sans should Sans teleport a sufficient distance away.

@Doctor

True that. Although the Status Effect Immunity comes from plenty of items, not just Schala's Amulet. There are plenty, but the ones that come to my head in this moment are the Rainbow Helmet and Visor Helment. (I've probably mistaken the names though)

Oh, yes, and quite a few other pieces achieve the same effect, too. It's just that they don't protect against things of the soul variety; enemies can use attacks like "MP Steal" and "Soul Drain" on Magus with impunity, regardless of equipment.

@Newdingo

Oh, wait, it was Black Bomb that attacked enemies in small clusters, wasn't it? Most of his other attacks are omnidirectional, but there's not much we can use to determine actual range, unfortunately. Then again, depending on how that calc I've been planning for the Sun Stone goes, we might be able to calc the Black Hole if its triangular shape isn't a problem. Until then, we don't have any surefire way of determining how far Magus's attacks can reach in terms of meters and such. Battles screen's a good 30 feet or so in radius, so that's something.

@Cal My vote is quite vague because i didn't play Chrono trigger, so if want to remove my vote, you can.

Magus is a smart fighter, he'd likely not screw around, and thanks to his speed, he'd definitely be able to off Sans

Rooting for best boy Magus

Back