• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

bendy vs sans

But that's controversial. KARMA is only activated because of Sans' intangible attacks. If you literally fight him without getting damaged, KARMA won't activate. And since his attacks are intangible, that means KARMA only activates when it hits your SOUL, not your body. This only reinforces the idea that Sans might had killed Flowey with other means, because killing them with KARMA is pretty controversial.
Yet these intangible attacks still have scaling to regular bone density but still go through the soul. Which only gets controversial if we we're talking about old intangible zero bone density bones sans with human level dura.

And completely contradicting everything sans has showcased of his abilities and leaning into a statement about killing flowey is less controversial??? we don't know how sans killed flowey, and can't assume the fact that sans did something completely contradictory to what he's already shown to do. sans' attacks are intangible and accepted that way, and Karma is enduced by said intangible attacks, and flowey was possibly affected by said karma. we don't have enough context to say exactly what happened.
Then why people are leaning towards the option of KARMA affecting the physical body when it is said that Sans' attacks are NOT tangible, thus not able to hit you physically? Shouldn't we also lean towards the possibility of Sans' attacks only being intangible to someone that has a SOUL? And when facing someone without it his attacks become tangible? We can see in UT that monsters can change their type of attack and it's nature, such as Vegetoid's vegetables healing you instead of harming you, makes a lot more sense.

Then why people are leaning towards the option of KARMA affecting the physical body when it is said that Sans' attacks are NOT tangible
because of some shitty evidence using flowery language.
thus not able to hit you physically? Shouldn't we also lean towards the possibility of Sans' attacks only being intangible to someone that has a SOUL? And when facing someone without it his attacks become tangible? We can see in UT that monsters can change their type of attack and it's nature, such as Vegetoid's vegetables healing you instead of harming you, makes a lot more sense.
Sans is the only person with intangible attacks, which makes it kinda hard to gauge whether or not he'd be able to 'toggle' them being intangible or not. using the healing magic comparison isn't very good evidence as other monsters can also use healing magic, which makes it obvious thats a universal skill throughout monster kind. toggling the tangibility of your magic, however, is not.

"Can ignore conventional durability with KARMA"
And It's still on San's profile by the way, which physical poison is only logical cop out for flowey dying to intangible soul based attacks without a soul or taking the 9-B equivalent of actual just 1 damage from san's attacks.
Sans is the only person with intangible attacks, which makes it kinda hard to gauge whether or not he'd be able to 'toggle' them being intangible or not. using the healing magic comparison isn't very good evidence as other monsters can also use healing magic, which makes it obvious thats a universal skill throughout monster kind. toggling the tangibility of your magic, however, is not.
Orange and blue attacks exist and phase through you "red light green light" style minus the karma damage which is pretty mutually exclusive from the intangibly.

Sans is not the only monster with intangible attacks. Are you guys forgetting Mettaton? Who can literally shoot you with the heart little things and they just pass through your SOUL? Or maybe the leg attack that also just pass through you? Sans is no special scenario when it comes to intangible attacks, and I'm sure there are a few more monsters that also have this feature

"Can ignore conventional durability with KARMA"
And It's still on San's profile by the way, which physical poison is only logical cop out for flowey dying to intangible soul based attacks without a soul or taking the 9-B equivalent of actual just 1 damage from san's attacks.
and his actual attacks... because if you look at his profile... it doesn't have the usual 'Limited durability negation'...

don't ignore one part of the profile to try and prove your point...
Sans is not the only monster with intangible attacks. Are you guys forgetting Mettaton? Who can literally shoot you with the heart little things and they just pass through your SOUL? Or maybe the leg attack that also just pass through you? Sans is no special scenario when it comes to intangible attacks, and I'm sure there are a few more monsters that also have this feature
Mettaton doesn't have intangible attacks on their profile.

Orange and blue attacks exist and phase through you "red light green light" style minus the karma damage which is pretty mutually exclusive from the intangibly.
and if you read the thread you'd realize it was accepted to apply to all his attacks. not just blue ones.

and his actual attacks... because if you look at his profile... it doesn't have the usual 'Limited durability negation'...

It's not included. The only dura negation part is karma. Which is also the whole point.

This thread is a stomp though. Sans can do nothing to bendy but bendy can destroy him.

It's not included. The only dura negation part is karma. Which is also the whole point.
So i looked back to why it changed to that, and it was changed to that with no CRT, no nothing, and was never reverted???

certified VSBattles moment. i have no idea what evidence was used to where KARMA was the thing doing the Dura neg.

So i looked back to why it changed to that, and it was changed to that with no CRT, no nothing, and was never reverted???

certified VSBattles moment. i have no idea what evidence was used to where KARMA was the thing doing the Dura neg.
Because it is? That's literally the only special thing about it.

Because it is? That's literally the only special thing about it.
Ah yes because the poison which has only showcased to be poison and is accepted to be just a soul poison on the site is the thing doing it despite the fact the ACTUAL ATTACKS are the thing ignoring your items and and removing your INV frames...........

Ah yes because the poison which has only showcased to be poison and is accepted to be just a soul poison on the site is the thing doing it despite the fact the ACTUAL ATTACKS are the thing ignoring your items and and removing your INV frames...........
The attacks are intangible. They are not dura negating.

Except calling it ignoring INV frames is way too game mechanic sounding to be accepted as dura negation with no further explanation.

Except calling it ignoring INV frames is way too game mechanic sounding to be accepted as dura negation with no further explanation.
if you think that's too game mechanic sounding you clearly haven't looked at sans' profile. he has multiple accepted haxes based around breaking game mechanics...

the words "broke the rules of the game" are literally on his profile. and most game mechanics like that are canon to the game.

if you think that's too game mechanic sounding you clearly haven't looked at sans' profile. he has multiple accepted haxes based around breaking game mechanics...

the words "broke the rules of the game" are literally on his profile. and most game mechanics like that are canon to the game.
Yeah, which you'd would also have to agree with the flowery flavor text that elaborates the soul poison. No exceptions.

...Yes intagible is able to bypass stuff. That does not mean you straight up kill them.
the intangibility has nothing to do with the Durability negation?
Yeah, which you'd would also have to agree with the flowery flavor text that elaborates the soul poison. No exceptions.
What??? Flowery language and game mechanics are two different things. Those two things are COMPLETELY unrelated and you can't use the game being veyr expressive that game mechanics are canon to the game to say we have to use flowery language because... there shouldn't be exceptions???

What??? Flowery language and game mechanics are two different things. Those two things are COMPLETELY unrelated and you can't use the game being veyr expressive that game mechanics are canon to the game to say we have to use flowery language because... there shouldn't be exceptions???
(Sans is able to inflict KARMA with each attack, a type of poison effect which whittles the opponents HP down overtime.[1])
This line of Karma corsing through your veins that's being called flowery despite being on profile and also CRT accepted in that same one trying to explain how flowey gets killed by sans.

You still take 1 damage from gaster blasts while you're HP is getting shredded down to 1 with karma but it doesn't insta kill you around 3 to 6 HP.

You still take 1 damage from gaster blasts while you're HP is getting shredded down to 1 with karma but it doesn't insta kill you around 3 to 6 HP.

Karma does poison you but the poison isnt instant because...its poison. He still deals 1 damage it just looks like he doesnt because of purple bars

Mettaton doesn't have intangible attacks on their profile.
And now I ask you; Why Sans is the only special one that got intangible attacks if there are more monsters that also have attacks that passes through you? And why we should conclude that Sans has intangible attacks in fact since it could just be a small detail just like with Mettaton? I see that a lot of people are willing to accept some cases just because it's Sans, completely ignoring that somethings are just not that special and not that deep.

the intangibility has nothing to do with the Durability negation?
Well it does, because the intangibility is the main reason Sans looks at your armor and just says "Eff it lol" and proceeds to dura neg you completely without your damage suppression even triggering. As I saw today, Sans is only able to hurt your SOUL due to Intagibility, however, if we take Flowey's case, the reason why I think he killed him so many times is because Sans might be able to switch his attacks' rules since he can break the game's rules as we saw before.

And now I ask you; Why Sans is the only special one that got intangible attacks if there are more monsters that also have attacks that passes through you? And why we should conclude that Sans has intangible attacks in fact since it could just be a small detail just like with Mettaton? I see that a lot of people are willing to accept some cases just because it's Sans, completely ignoring that somethings are just not that special and not that deep.
If you truly believe what you think, make a CRT and give him truly limited dura neg. Because right now he has full dura neg.

Also, mettaton’s profile is outdated last I looked at it, which is probably why it’s missing stuff.
Well it does, because the intangibility is the main reason Sans looks at your armor and just says "Eff it lol" and proceeds to dura neg you completely without your damage suppression even triggering. As I saw today, Sans is only able to hurt your SOUL due to Intagibility, however, if we take Flowey's case, the reason why I think he killed him so many times is because Sans might be able to switch his attacks' rules since he can break the game's rules as we saw before.
personally, I think the whole flowey thing is way too vague to give him anything with it.

But that’s my opinion, not whats accepted.

If you truly believe what you think, make a CRT and give him truly limited dura neg. Because right now he has full dura neg.
Which doesn't make sense in Flowey's scenario where dude doesn't have a SOUL, so Sans shouldn't be able to fully dura neg him since that's only able via SOUL contact. Bur yes, I'll make a CRT in the future, maybe we'll reach a proper result once these are on the table.
Also, mettaton’s profile is outdated last I looked at it, which is probably why it’s missing stuff.
Still, Mettaton doesn't fully dura neg you like Sans, yet his attacks goes through you just like Sans' bones. Mettaton shouldn't get intangible attacks nor fully dura neg because of this, and in my view, neighter should Sans. Also, there is a way for you to suppress Sans' attacks with Torn Notebook and Cloudy Glasses, they are able to tank Sans' bones more. So that means Sans' doesn't have full dura neg as well.
personally, I think the whole flowey thing is way too vague to give him anything with it.

But that’s my opinion, not whats accepted.
I agree. And that's why I'm leaning towards a CRT in the future.

Back