• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magolor vs. Mewtwo

Not yet, I want evidence of Mewtwo's precog being passive, as some have claimed before. If it's not then Magolor takes this.

How does Magalor tajesthis?

Even assuming Precog isn't passive and Im pretty sure it is, Mewtwo is significantly more versatile and Magolor has no form of instant killing projectiles or attacks, so it's not like Mewtwo can't keep his distance

Mewtwo starts with TK, doesn't work, and Precog handles the rest.

Mewtwo's versatile separate him from using the few hax that would give him a win out of all the stuff he can do. Magolor one-shots with anything, Mewtwo's feat is notable below that of the individual Sphere Doomers, which Magolor is incredibly superior to. His mobility is better too as he can attack others while flying intersteral distances and spams teleportation more. Magolor also has resistances to transmutation and mind manip, with the latter coming from a some thing that likely scales to other character whose mindhax is above Mewtwo's.

Mewtwo's precog is not something that needs to be assumed to not be passive, that is the case unless proven otherwise. Precog comes from but one move.

I'm well aware of the fact that Magolor one shots, but he has no form of projectiles that can instantly hit and Kill Mewtwo nor is he able to close the distance instantaneously

Mewtwo' Precog scales from Alakazam correct me if I'm wrong.

He can teleport intersteral distances or use a portal (he's just going to use the former). Mewtwo using TK could make Magolor use the same, as a reaction.

Only Mega Alakazam's precog is passive (and with some contradictions), not the case with Alakazam, nor Mewtwo.

Iirc the last thread where I was that Mewtwo's precog came into discussion Cal wanna to claim that it scaled to Mega Alakazam, who I then added his precog feat in his profile. My involvement with the matter ended there, I honestly have no idea how good base Alakazam's precog is, if I knew, I would add the feats in his profile.

A vote just like that? With no elaboration beyond it?

Mewtwo still has to use that out of all the stuff he can do and land a hax that works, Magolor just has to hit him once.

The real cal howard said:
Mewtwo's precog actually scales to being far superior the human psychic Sabrina who can see perfectly up to three years in the future.
This tells little about that precog, how much can she see? Is it passive? What she sees is always going to happen? Etc. Also linking another incompetent profile about the mentioned power is just misleading.

"see perfectly" would seem to answer all but the passive question

Wokistan said:
"see perfectly" would seem to answer all but the passive questio
I kinda speculate that to be an exaggeration and that maybe she just saw something that would happen 3 years into the future. With profiles like this everyone's being forced to just believe everything that's not questioned.

Sorry for having the personal opinion that this is bad.

Fair. It is a little weird with her being a gym leader and not just stomping everyone via cheating I guess

It's not infallible (she say that herself) but love for your Pokémon (I kid you not) interferes with her psychic prowess a little to throw her off. In future generations she does see herself losing and just...doesn't change it. Other times she intentionally doesn't look farther so she can have fun.

Magolor for the reasons I said above, even if Mewtwo had passive precog, that still doesn't mean he can just use that to test all of his powers until finding one that may give him the win before getting hit once.

Eficiente said:
Magolor for the reasons I said above, even if Mewtwo had passive precog, that still doesn't mean he can just use that to test all of his powers until finding one that may give him the win before getting hit once.
Except by having Precog you already know what works and what doesn't.

With all his options? Name one time he did that, even ignoring if he ever started with that.

No it's not, it just let's you see something about the future when used. To have more than that needs evidence.

.....What.....?

Seeing the future shows you the future. Does it not? It shows exactly what the future is going to hold, regardless of what move you use.

That doesn't make sense.

And how do you jump from that to seeing all the futures in which Mewtwo uses all his options?

I didn't jump to that.

You see the future where something works.

You do it

And it works.

Why is the future he sees magically going to be that of something that works, with how highly unlikely that is? He's going to see the future of something that doesn't work, decide not to go for that, use precog again and repeat the process, which takes time.

And that's assuming he would start with that or just use it before getting hit.

Eficiente said:
He's going to see the future of something that doesn't work, decide not to go for that, use precog again and repeat the process, which takes time.
This as well is assuming "decide not to go for that" is a valid option and he's not forced to live that future and manually dodge whatever Magolor uses to then use precog again.

Back